[2010.06.28] KARA's Nicole and MBLAQ's Thunder Become English Mentors for Kids

dookiemonstar

uTeZX.jpg

Idol group Kara's Nicole and MBLAQ's Thunder have turned into kid's English mentors.

On the Cable TV show 'Mom, I've Gone Crazy for English' to be broadcast on June 28th, Nicole and Thunder guest starred and revealed their own english how-tos.

Thunder, who immigrated to the Philippines when he was five, said, "I learned English by watching animation in English and foreign movies".

Nicole, too, said "I felt the fun of learning English by watching animation and foreign films.

The two stated, "After you pick a genre that you regularly enjoy, start off with Korean subtitles, then switch to English subtitles, then at the end, watch it without any subtitles and you will feel that English has become familiar", telling their experiences.

They also said, "Don't think of English as something hard but as a fun game, because then your English skills will improve", giving a message of support.

The educational reality program 'Mom, I've Gone Crazy for English', is a how-to program designed for mothers who want their children to learn English. The show will have its first broadcast on June 28th at midnight.

Source: TV Daily

Translator: ilovepocky @ AbsoluteMBLAQ

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They also said, "Don't think of English as something hard but as a fun game, because then your English skills will improve", giving a message of support.

haha..that's right!!!

congrats nicky and thunder..hope you'll do well in your program!!!

:D

The two stated, "After you pick a genre that you regularly enjoy, start off with Korean subtitles, then switch to English subtitles, then at the end, watch it without any subtitles and you will feel that English has become familiar", telling their experiences.

This is pretty good advice for learning a new language..I wonder if nicole learned most of her english from foreign films? I might just have to watch kdrama with korean subtitles from now on.

Thunder and nicole, I would so love to see this two together and talk in english. Not just talk about english, but just a regular conversation. I haven't heard thunder english, but I think it going to be good, and we know our nicaole is already good. Get to heard nicole speak english again, oh that great, I miss that.

at h

Nicole learn english from a animation and foreign film. So I guess when she was little before she went to school, thhat how she learn english but watch animation and foreign film. But when she went to school, she probably pick up english really quick because everyone is speak english. Then she wouldn't of need to foreign film and animation. Then she would forget how to speak korean. I don't know it just a guess.

And thats how you learn a foreign language easier! Watch with subtitles, then gradually take them off until you can watch without any!

Of course this does not mean your grammar will be spot on, but on a communicative level, it is definitely more than enough! Grammar can come later :D.

funny sometimes when some kpop artiste from overseas (WG Yoobin, SNSD Tiffany, 2PM Taec) are good in english but their slang keeps on sliding back to korean-style ^^

Nicole's advice is actually really good. I'm not fluent in Japanese yet, but my level of understanding is definitely intermediate, and I learned nearly all of what I know from watching Japanese shows with English subs and multi-tasking with trying to figure out which words meant what and how sentences went together and so on and so forth... Very good advice.

kekekeh..good to hear nicole is teaching her LA english to the korean people...i really want the majority of the korean people to speak english proficiently..they are a growing country and the ability to speak with foreigners will surely be a plus for the citizens..kekekeh..Btw, can't w8 to watch the episode..

i can teach them English too :)

maybe i can teach them english with nicole.

i learnt the same way but in different genres and more to reading manga that has been translated :D

still, learning english in school is essential :)

Its good news, truly great news :DDDDD We're gonna hear Nicole speak her cute English more often.I'm sure its gonna work. Nicole plus Thunder = How adorable. Nicole is gonna get to know one more male idol too. I'm not an A+ but I support MBLAQ and Thunder is actually one of those male idols I dont dislike HAHA I cant imagine how fun and enjoyable the show is gonna be!! Woot :o Can't wait for the first ep! There should be some special guests invited to some episodes coughiwannahearhamtaroenglishplsssscough :D

Does anyone notice in the article pic because of the hairstyle they look like twins? LOLOLOLOL!!