[2010.06.28] KARA's Nicole and MBLAQ's Thunder Become English Mentors for Kids

dookiemonstar

I approve of Nicole~ She's definitely going to be the cute, quirky teacher XD Cole's english is really good, but she's picked up the K-accent~ I hope this helps her get back her natural accent~ :3

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, I learn english with disney movies jaja and I switch the subs to english and spanish

is going to be cool to see Nicole as a mentor =)

a kid raising another kid jajaj

Thunder and Nicole sure look alike in the two picture as if they are siblings. Anybody thought so?

The two stated, "After you pick a genre that you regularly enjoy, start off with Korean subtitles, then switch to English subtitles, then at the end, watch it without any subtitles and you will feel that English has become familiar", telling their experiences

That is a good idea I would take note of that. The most useful part listening with Korean subtitle provided that you know how to read hangul and how it is pronounce. But you would require your hangul to be up to speed to match the voices. Otherwise the benefit of learning this way is pretty minimal.

They also said, "Don't think of English as something hard but as a fun game, because then your English skills will improve", giving a message of support.

This is by far the most important thing to remember when learning language. Your mindset. I remember the quote someone told me "if you thought of it to be a monster, if would be a monster, if you thought it as a mole it would be a mole" . To put it simply if you think that it hard it would be hard. If you think otherwise it would be easier. I admit that there are difficulty in learning language but you must still think that it is easy.

I really wonder how the parents of those kids are supposed to teach their child English. When they have limited knowledge in it. English is a difficult language to start by scratch because letters are not always pronounced the way they are unlike Korean. It is still very doable though with enough willpower and wantpower .

Edited by Palaverist

i think this should be interesting

and you knowww~ Thunder is older then EXACTLY by 1 year they have the same birthdays!! He's also born on October 7 but 1990.. yeahh just saying ...