What is the fate of Kara with DSP?

I don't think we have anything to worry about. If the other SS501 members do leave, I think it just means DSP can focus on KARA more. They'll have more resources available for their other artists. I doubt SS501 was making them a lot of money anyway since they've recently been cutting short on promotions.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seeing their dorm, frankly i really hate dsp.

how can they dont have their own AC, dont you see how the sweat on nicole when she sleeps. even the faucet is broken

omoo kara deserves a much better company. no wonder SS501 leave them

and now DSP only has kara as their major income, since i cant see rainbow now. where were they hahaha

i hope nothing bad will happen to DSP, because it means bad too to kara

It's quite worrisome, but it should be fine for a while.

DSP really needs to step it up and start promoting Rainbow or something. I'm no expert, but the way I see it KARA is pretty much bringing in most of the revenue now that SS501 is splintering. Even if DSP does go under, I think KARA would stick together. To be honest, they don't have as much solo power so they should stay together.

Also, just because Hyunjoong and Jungmin signed into different companies, it doesn't mean they can't promote together as a group still. g.o.d did the same thing I think. So no worries SS fans.

i dun see how it will affect KARA

according to recent news, it seems liek only hyunjoong will be signing with a diff co and the remaining member will stay pretty much intact. besides hyunjoong himself doesnt see the grp disbanding or anything like that.

it the worse case scenario that they are disbanded, it might even be advantageous to KARA since more resources can now be spent on them. but of course i hope nothing bad happen

I want to be a little realistic here.

I love KARA forever. But their contract with DSP is 7 YEARS. SS501 had a 5 year contract.

Kara has only debuted 3 years ago so they have 4 years with DSP.

I think after their contract they'll probably pursue solo careers because groups don't necessarily stay too long together.

Right now, KARA is the main source of income for DSP. Notice how all of a sudden - all KARA members have a regular radio/tv show. This is considering that they are debuting in JAPAN. I think they'll be overworked but I guess, it's also a good thing to maintain their popularity. I mean, I don't want them to be inactive in Korean TV.

I hope for KARA to be promoted well and continue being more successful. UMJ is doing a good job by the way. DSP is just fail, I wish I could enter the company and teach them marketing.

DSP is in a worrisome state. And the same could be said for the groups signed under them. Right now, I'm just observing with worried eyes. I'm a hardcore ss501 fan so I'm tired all this drama surrounding DSP. I just hope that DSP does well with KARA this time. I don't wanna see another promising group suffer.

I believe its best to support ur fav idol group Actively and Financially and hope for the best.

its might sound harsh but there are indeed a lot of "fans" out there, who love their idol groups, watch their MVs on Youtubes, Buy non-official posters because its cheap, or download mp3 songs of their idol songs.

They may justify their actions saying its because they are school students and cant afford these stuff.. but i feel at the minimum,.. buying your idol's albums is an act of giving them support, and not just showing them you love their music.. it ultimately affects if they will last long or not.

A idol group with low album sales, will likely not see their next album produced as the company has no faith if the sale of the new album will cover the cost to produce it..

So Support Kara, when they release albums, and cheer for them, and cast these thoughts aside.. If DSP really die due to finanical problems or company mismanagement, I am sure another entertainment company will glady sign over Kara if they are still popular and albums sell well..

• 2 weeks later...

now with ss501 leaving, things are not really looking good for dsp.

so is dsp dying? think no because kara is still under contract.

in a way kara now remains their aces, it can be bring up dsp productivity too.

^you mean productivity as in profit.. yeah but not enough to save DSP..

real talk if DSP only has KARA they will go down...

you got SME, CCM YG and JYP.. lol and the rising Cube Ent.

in this highly competitive music industry in Korea and you only have one Ace?

its gonna be pretty hard.

its ss301 now.

TT TT

DSP is just fail, I wish I could enter the company and teach them marketing.

lol dont be like that

:D

DSP tries their best, but we have SM JYP etc as their rival

but yeah, DSP needs to learn more about marketing though

its still 4 years, will kara make it till then?

I think we should wish DSP the best to take care of Kara, it's not good to just keep going on to say how fail they are, they do take care of the girls better these days. And about SS501, their contacts ended, it's not like controversial like what's happening to JYJ with SME the slave drivers. :D

Edited by loveholic

Trust in your idols!!! Kara can't collapse that easy. They have been through a major change in their member, and yet they can still stand strong and comeback. There are no way Kara would be disbanded by this reason.

^you mean productivity as in profit.. yeah but not enough to save DSP..

real talk if DSP only has KARA they will go down...

you got SME, CCM YG and JYP.. lol and the rising Cube Ent.

in this highly competitive music industry in Korea and you only have one Ace?

its gonna be pretty hard.

lol i mean dsp will hence pay more attention & put everything/investment into kara.

but yep of course, along with kara, dsp has to start planning for pushing out new idol group(s) inorder to make its presence felt in k-market. :)

I don't see anything about SS501's contract expiration connecting to KARA's future.

Rumour says that DSP will debut two boy groups soon, if so, DSP will have 4 groups, this will be big family. Strong DSP family, strong KARA.

KARA has done pretty well since early 2009 and helps DSP make alot money(not just revenue) from about 20 high profit endorsements/CFs.

DSP will be quite busy soon in promoting Rainbow, 2 new boy groups and KARA. Let's all bless everything goes well. ^_^

Edited by pig3head

^they probably are not talking about in direct relation to SS501 is how DSP handled the situation..cuz it might happen to our girls.

but c'mon it's SS501.. and your just gonna let them go like that. it looked like DSP didn't even try to bring the boys back to contract from the looks of it. which makes me sad :)

and of course with all this "rumors" that DSP is going boinkers.. you have to be wary of our girls future with DSP.

but yeah like you said it seems like DSP is trying to get back in the game... i hope all this new artist/groups from DSP will get more success. >.<

we need the old DSP back like Finkl status old.. lol

yeah i read somewhere rumours that DSP will debuted boy bands some kind of Kara-like type..imagine how cute is it for Kara to had a boy group dongsaeng :gemwin:

although its really bothering me how DSP handle the SS501 fiasco...from what i know Kara still had contract with DSP until 2013 no? (counting from 2008 with 5 years contract) so i wonder what will happen then..

i realised every groups will meet its end, but for Kara i really hoping they could survive longer :jogging:

Edited by kara4life

I like to look on the bright side and think that this might be a good thing.

No offense or malice intended to Triple S's in saying the above, but it seems DSP is heavily focusing on Kara's activities nowadays.

That could be a good thing for the girls because they are getting alot of care now, but I do feel very sorry that a popular group like SS501 kind of got "ruined" in the hands of DSP.

Kara girls have come this far being part of DSP, I don't see any reason why they can't do even better from now on.

Well I'm hopeful that DSP will think of KARA as a group worth all the promotion they sooo deserve. Put more thought into what they want KARA to be and how they will be in the future.

I used SS501 as an example as to how DSP will treat KARA in the future. I think DSP knew they weren't able to give those guys what they wanted and needed. I don't know if KARA will be in that situation later on though, it's dependent on DSP. Their facilities are less than stellar and concepts aren't innovative. There are reasons to leave.

We'll see soon enough if DSP losing SS501 makes any difference within their company.

^ like what Mae said ..

if you think about it SS501 is one of the most recognizable boy group in korea & asia.

and look how DSP handled the thing when it comes down to contracts.. :P doesn't it make you think that it will happen to our girls when the time comes?

i sure do. to me at least. :hihi:

I actually think that if DSP goes under, it would be the best for KARA. KARA will be able to sign with another company, under their own terms. There is no doubt that they will be able to sign with another company. But what they can do is negotiate a better contract, instead of waiting for their current one to expire. I think another company will do a better job of promoting KARA.