What is the fate of Kara with DSP?

ss501 is not disbanding or anything, solo activities of each member will be under their new companies, but ss501 activities will be under DSP, i somewhat wanted them to do their group activities under companies who can promote them better, but whatever, ok i went a bit out of topic, should talk about KARA.. these girls already went through a lot so i think that they will do well whatever happens to them, to dsp, or whoever,

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree wtih Mizuirokaze13. I really hope KARA doesn't disband any time in the near future >_< SS501 is my favourite boy grp, and the first kpop grp that I really really loved, and they're really special to me. Watching them going their own ways and splitting up was quite hard for me to take and I really really hope from the bottom of my heart that history will not repeat on KARA T_T Stay strong KARA!

• 4 months later...

woah!!! well for korea, most of the time 1 group = 1 management.

The top 3 companies (now....sad because DSP used to be one of the top 2) JYP, SM and YG...

DSP was left behind because they lack promotional strategies.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hmmm, KARA's contract is 7 years as far as I can remember. It's longer usually for girl groups because they don't need to go to the army and girl groups usually get more CFs/Advertisements (compared to CD sales, this probably adds more money) and they can easily shift to acting, hosting or modeling. Their digital sales is also higher...physical sales are dominated by boy groups.

I do think that DSP is in trouble, they still have many followers though (DSP line fans). I don't want the company to die cause still, it'll be difficult to have a company that will take all members of a group but if they continue disregarding promos, it'll be hard for them.

i also read about their contract.

since Gyuri, Nicole and Seungyeon singed 2007, now they only have 3 yrs left

Hara and jiyoung has 4 more yrs....

now i was wondering, what will happen to them after Gyuri, Nicole and seungyeon's contract ends?

i had some thoughts, DSP will concentrate on Hara and Jiyoung for their solo..

and the other 3 members will have their own career on tv shows or drama.

Gyruri won't let her group break up, so they will wait for the other 2 members contracts will end

Now, DSP should really learn how to promote from UMJ. I bet they will be more famous and getiing love form everywhere in the world. Please let KARA has their own concert! Many fans will be happy to attend. or just have DSP FAMILY CONCERT 2011. ;DDD looking forward for it!

all of you voiced our my comments and concerns, so i have nothing much left to write... =="

however, imo given the good condition DSP is now in, i don't think it will just die off anytime soon. we can be pretty sure that they have also given a lot of good thinking on these matters, too, and are trying to prepare for their future. i don't think DSP is one of those companies that leech off their idols and then just run away and leave the rest to die.

So have faith, Kamilias! Kara and DSP will survive!!!(;

ss501 stated they'd travel the route which GOD went.

Even if they're under different companies, they will still create albums all together.

I'm sure things will be more complicated to organize. But, things are still looking up for ss501 ^_^.

kara... i'm not sure what will become of them. I know seungyeon wanted to marry by 27 years old. =\

I'd rather not think of the future and just enjoy the present. ^^;;

all of you voiced our my comments and concerns, so i have nothing much left to write... =="

however, imo given the good condition DSP is now in, i don't think it will just die off anytime soon. we can be pretty sure that they have also given a lot of good thinking on these matters, too, and are trying to prepare for their future. i don't think DSP is one of those companies that leech off their idols and then just run away and leave the rest to die.

So have faith, Kamilias! Kara and DSP will survive!!!(;

LOL u post this yesterday and yet today...

This is kind of sad since Kara are in their peak nw. i wonder which agency wan to poach them?

So much foreshadowing in this thread... Even though I've only been a fan since about October or November, I've learned a lot about Kara and their past and the company they're in and their fellow company artists like Rainbow. To be honest, the first thing I realized about how DSP treats its artists was when I watched a special on Rainbow since I became a fan of Rainbow before Kara... I remember watching it twice, well, it was aired on TV before their debut.

Anyway, I was really shocked by the size of the apartment they had to live in together, all 7 girls. Really small rooms and bedrooms, I mean, heck, it looked like chaos for all the girls to be working in the kitchen at once making food. And so when I became a fan of Kara, I figured that they probably had to go through the same thing except maybe even worse, at first. Perhaps that was a reason why it was so easy for Sunghee to decide to leave Kara.

And I remember a while ago reading something another Kamilia said about Kara being DSP's only source of income now. That made me really think about how much they've been working and how tired they must be. Plus I didn't doubt it since Rainbow has been widely ignored while DSP forced Kara to be everywhere. I feel bad for both groups, it really hurts to think about what they've been going through...

To be honest, I wasn't as shocked as I thought I'd be by hearing this news about Kara having problems with DSP, I guess it was expected. The girls have clearly been extremely tired lately, I remember people commenting on how tired they looked during the end-of-year festivals. And I tried to explain to people over and over that they're probably being overworked cause to me, they looked even more tired than the girls of SNSD even though they've been promoting in Japan and Korea as well. Kara more so because of the talk shows and the drama and this and that...

I just hope they stay together as five. I really wouldn't be able to stand losing another girl.

Edited by Nyokou

There must be some validity to the issues between SS501, Kara and DSP Media. I hope whatever the outcome, that Kara can stay as a 5 member group. Although now Hara has pulled out of her contract termination it looks scarily like theres Nicole, Jiyoung and Seungyeon on one side, Hara on the other and Gyuri somewhere in the middle at the moment. I'm a little suprised Gyuri didn't know anything about all this :unsure:

I don't really read much about the company but if DSP is like other company, i'm sure they also diversified into other industry. Their source of income is not only from idol/music industry but in other portfolio

On idol being overwork, I'm sure its the norm in every company. Its kinda expected when you aim to be famous. Plus with KARA being top in Japan. Like spiderman said, with great power, come great responsibility. But in this case, with more famous they become,more responsibility they will have.

Now that, Seungyeon, nicole n jing decided to leave DSP, i'm hoping that entertainment company will take notes and start to act responsibly instead of treating idol like a cash cow

f*** i don't know what i'm rambling about TT_TT

I'm a fan of SS501 before Kara, but you gotta understand, with Double S, it's completely different. Everyone was on the same level of playing field. The members knew they were not going to renew under DSP and ALL members left. Nobody stayed. At first it looked like DSP was trying to buoy the other 3 (KyuBabySaeng) to stay and get new members, but to me it was clear that none of Double S actually intended to stay. They wanted to pull a Shinhwa, as they all later said.

But with Kara (and DBSK), there seems to be a difference in opinions. I guess most of it is initiated by the parents (at least that's what the articles have been implying to me). It IS entirely possible that none of the girls knew they were suing because their parents might just be doing it for them. Seems like the members who are suing have strong parental backhold and they prolly just put Hara's name for good measure.

i really don't know if DSP is a good company or not at this point <_<

if they are just using KARA for money then that's bad and i don't even know they manage to do that. double S's leader leaving the company might be his own benefits and i'm not sure about what will happen to them and the group sure doesn't fall if 1/2 or all of them leave they will still be remember as long theres fans/support ^_^

i hope KARA will stay forever dispect the lawsuit with DSP and if they are leaving it other companies will sign them in since they are so successful if not then i will B)

i just hope for the best for all of them i will pray for them :D

As far as DSP's finances go, I'm sure they're doing well economically thanks to KARA, Rainbow, and SS501 (which only left less than a year ago). In the wake of these allegations, I do hope they take the time to reassess the way they do business. Sechskies, FinKL, SS501, now KARA. Are they really ok with milking an idol group for 4-5 years, seeing them split, then repeating the process over again?

exactly every idol group in DSP end of split after like 4-5 years. Does DSP really want to continue down this road. DSP probably still have money from all the bands that they have create, and now this whole situation is going down it just going to hurt them more. Since with this lawsuit, people wouldn't want to audition for DSP and it could hurt them. Also then DSP want to release a new boy band, not know that they would have to deal with this.But it seem like the members who have their parents there, are the one file for lawsuit. I mean seungyeon, nicole and jiyoung, we know that their parents are include in their children life, so they could effect the girls decision to leave DSP

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

Honestly, I want KARA to stay with DSP. The articles said that they were paid fairly, which means exactly that: they were paid fairly from the album sales. Yeah, they weren't paid for the endorsement, and yeah, they only got <15% from their Japanese promotions, but I think the issues of endorsement/karaya payments and being overworked to the point of exhaustion can be negotiated and the contract rewritten. Honestly there is nothing they can do about the contract that DSP signed for KARA's japanese promotions. I bet DSP feels bad that they only signed on for 15%, too, but in time, that contract can also be rewritten.

I just want the five to stay together. I want them to be a family and go through this together. I want them to feel like this is a fulfilling job, that they are getting enough input for how much they are giving out.

Realistically, DSP can't go on without KARA. Honestly, how much more money will they have to invest in these new groups before they become popular? Honestly, can they afford to be stubborn and non-negotiable? This fight, to me, is more a fight started by concerned parents than the kara girls themselves. Yes, KARA is exhausted, but so is every other top group out there. This is horrible to say, but in the entertainment industry, exhaustion is a sign of success. It's basic. It's the parents that find that absolutely unacceptable and want to change the system. The truth is, even if they move to this new company, they will still have schedules to fulfill, and contracts that bind them.

I just kind of wish the parents would stop working. If they all decide to leave, Gyuri's the one that has to decide between family and friends. And if they decide to stay, Nicole is the one facing the exact same decision. It's just not a good situation overall.

If DSP was good at managing, Kara would not had to suffer through their first 2 years.

Now that they are famous, all I see is another greedy group of people doing too much to gain money.

But then at least people on akp agree that compared to another company, DSP managed their image quite well with their statements lol

so if no company is good or perfect, then why the need to switch?

to change company means to start from 0 in certain aspects, unless all 5 think otherwise.

do you think switching to a "better/bigger" company will see the girls having more rest? i would say those big companys will expect more (money) from the girls. company is about money (first). not saying dsp isn't but at least they found kara. there's a bonding within levels.

let's hope after the crisis has been overcome (with kara staying), dsp should start to do some searching internally.