[Official Thread] SBS Heroes

mae

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nicole isss soooooo awesome in heroes :)

i get to understand her behaviour more!

and her korean is sooo funny!

guessing some of the korean words as "meat" LMFAO!

but her "i dont know" look is soooo adorable!

awww, she's so adorable

she should appaer more on shows

she should be a permanent on a show like hara on IY

The sad thing is .. Nicole is a permanent member of Heroes XD

^^I know! I'm seriously angry with the PDs.

I know that the cast is pretty big but at least

pay more attention to Cole. She's such a sweetheart&funny person.

I like this show but I want more Cole action (:

I think I'm asking too much...

Just watched it and her airtime is quite few :( Except for the ball game, she didn't have much focus hehe she hit Noh Sa Yeon on her head XD and I think it's really hard too hehe anyways she was good at the game. And another moment is when she stole the meat Gahee hid haha I was hoping they'll show her cooking but guess not, well I just hope that in the next episode she'll have more airtime :D

It's true that she didn't appeared a lot in today's episode but at least we were able to see a bit of interaction of her with Lee Jin (they were talking quite a bit) and a bit with SuAh so I can see Nicole getting more close with the olders than with the youngers.

Nicole was awesome in the game, a shame that all her groups was running like crazy and she wasn't able to see the ball. Heck, InNa and Seo In Yeung hide behind her for a seconds xDD

And what happened with the meat she stole from Gahee? Was she found? Because it wasn't the same meat that the one InNa stole and "her" meat didn't appeared anymore =S

Just one thing, from what I've seen in this episode.. SIY acts quite indifferent with Nicole or it's just me?

^^ Mm yea compared to like Jiyeon, Inyoung does act indifferent with Nicole. I guess her image and Nicole's personality doesn't mix well. But Nicole was hugging her at one point, which she hadn't done in the past. Nicole wouldn't do that if she wasn't comfortable with Inyoung I think.

Nicole was the star of her team during the game but she can only do so much when they all run to her lol.. that isn't exactly the best thing to do.. to get your best player out lol. Nicole's more taking the initiative in this episode like the meat thing and the game thing. She just has to keep it up.

Lee Jin & Cole were cute:

e140100829hdtvxvidhan06.jpg

e140100829hdtvxvidhan06a.jpg

Credit: DCKARA.

Nicole was also seen side-hugging Jiyeon during the cookout. But I love love that Nicole and Leejin are close, she is her senior and idk it just seems... more special. They seemed to be having a pretty intimate conversation.

@mae I saw Nicole hugging SIY, that's why I said that. I mean, it's ok if Nicole doesn't get near, then SIY wouldn't have any reason to get closer either, but Nicole hugged her and she was just "ignoring" it. Dunno... The others persons who have been hugged by Nicole had return the gesture in some way or another but she didn't.

I've been thinking, and someone may also kill me for what I'm going to say, that it's not like anyone has the fault of Nicole not appearing that much, in any case, it would be Nicole's fault since she should know how variety shows work. I can understand that they will not let her have a lot of screentime just hugging someone or being quiet while listening to the others. It looks more like she's an spectator, just watching and from time to time appearing a little bit.

I'm not saying that she should change or that she should be more active, she can do whatever she wants, but...

She may not be good in this kind of variety which mades me wonder why they chose her as part of the cast. It may be because of 4D, but she didn't look that comfortable around them.

What's your opinion?

I've been stalking this thread of a while but I've only had enough time to post now - I have a LOT to say about this whole nicole not getting enough screen-time issue.

1) I agree that Nicole should project more to get screen-time. I think this really makes me appreciate SY for what she meant by being 'shameless to get screentime'. It's quite clear that DSP artists don't have company clout on the shows they go on and are forced to fend for themselves (at one point I seriously though Hara was a window-dressing on IY). However, I don't want her to get negative screentime - no screentime is better then bad screentime right? I'd rather see her as awkward/adorable then rude to her elders or sunbaes to hoard attention like some cast members are intent on doing.

I think she's fallen into the gap that seperates the older members on Heroes and the Maknaes. In ep 1 she was a lot with Jiyeon but after a while Jiyeon and IU hit it off better and sort of excluded her from the Maknae line. At the same time the older cast were too busy doing their own thing to worry about Nicole. I found this quite surprising what with the likes of BongSun, Narsha, SIY being on the show... but it seems like there's some sort of power-struggle going on that Nicole can't quite fit into and winds up looking awkward. Lee Hwi Jae (who I foresaw as being a problem since in he FAILS at being an MC) seems to have taken quite a dislike to Nicole. Like, when anybody gets an answer wrong it's 'funny, witty, good entertainment value' but when Nicole does it's 'nicole being a dumb american bimbo'. I don't like how he treats her. Maybe it's just me reading into it or it's not him alone but the help of stupid PDs.

Which brings me to my second point: The initial premise of the show gave off the impression that it was going to be about ALL members whereas from the onset the PDs have zoned in to a few people and have made no efforts in even acknowledging the existence of everybody else. Nicole is not the only victim of their ruthless knife: Narsha, Lee Jin and Ga Hee too are completely neglected. I remember this happening on IY when the show centered around Yuri for a while but she was really one of the more famous members of G7 so it was somewhat understandable. Right now too, IY has shifted to giving Hara, the current most popular member a bit more screen-time purely because no-one else on the show can rival her popularity. I can understand this sort of marketing strategy - plus IY put in effort to give other idols more recognition and eventually shifted focus from only Yuri. On Heroes, Nicole is ridiculously famous, as is Narsha - so what is with the lack of scenes? Even more aggravating, a certain other person gets more screen-time regardless of whether she's actually entertaining or not. It's one thing when Full scenes with events and story-line involve her BUT the PDs seem to think it's imperative that one-shots like when they're eating, cleaning, staring off into space, laughing etc should also star her a substanial amount more then anybody else - EVEN when it's out of context (like the same cut of laughter no matter whats being laughed at; I pick up those sort of things on the first watch - it's why I've given up Star King, it irritates the hell out of me)

I'm beginning to feel that the show is being monopolized by a few very selfish people but I'm not giving up hope yet - Yoo In Ah, Nicole, Sa Yeon, Lee Jin, Narsha and Ga Hee are too much of a reason to keep hanging on, even if they get less screen-time then the boom-mike.

Lee Hwi Jae (who I foresaw as being a problem since in he FAILS at being an MC) seems to have taken quite a dislike to Nicole. Like, when anybody gets an answer wrong it's 'funny, witty, good entertainment value' but when Nicole does it's 'nicole being a dumb american bimbo'. I don't like how he treats her. Maybe it's just me reading into it or it's not him alone but the help of stupid PDs.

I agree with this SO HARD. I felt like he was being pretty rude to her and making her seem like this stupid girl who shouldn't have talked at all and idk -- he's just. wow. :| :| I mean I know MCs poke fun at what people say on shows for entertainment but he does it in a mean/bullying kind of way which may or may not have an effect on Nicole's performance in the show. I was watching this one part where Nicole was running off with the meat and he was all "Bring it back" in this serious voice, but when other people did it he got it back from them playfully? It's kind of annoying to watch.

But I do agree that Nicole needs to put herself out there more aggressively if she wants more screen time. I mean if you're watching the show for her then you realize all the small thing/the integral background things that she does for her team, but the majority of the people watching this show are watching this show for entertainment, not to scope out a certain member. so yeahh. idk. :/

^^ I wouldn't read the AllKPOP comments concerning KARA.. not worth anyone's time.

The older lady was trying to be funny.. I don't think its that they don't like Nicole.. it's that they have to survive too.. so whatever they do is to get screen time.. if they have to knock Nicole's cut out over.. then so be it.. that's the difference with them and Nicole..but they get screen time so.

Made some gifs:

h11k.gif

95129457.gif

She's like YAY!! wait, let me get the food first :lol:

44253102.gif

LOL.. Nicole surprised the other members as she proved she isn't someone to mess in with sports.. Poor IU, didn't know what was coming to her XD.

46647224.gif

Inna and SooAh congratulating Cole.. cute XD.

38392475.gif

I know we were talking about Inyoung's indifference to Nicole.. but in the gif it looks like she was intentionally walking to Cole for the double hand touch.. so maybe she has warmed up to her..

Credits: mae @ kh.

EDIT: How weird.. an article just came out specifically about Nicole and Lee Jin and how they are having a hard time adapting to Heroes!!.. Look out for the translation later today :)

Narsha - She isn't that close with Nicole but she certainly respects and likes Nicole for who she is.

Kahi - I think Nicole is intimidated by her. Kahi is much older and more experienced than she. Also Kahi hasn't been that open towards Nicole but I think Kahi is amused by Nicole. She seemed playful with her during the complex game.

Seo In Young - I remember a video when KARA just debuted and the show asked her to say a few words to KARA. She firsted asked how old they were and told them to work hard because the industry is a brutal world. I think Inyoung likes Nicole.

Noh Sa Yeon - She is sort of motherly to Nicole. When she passed by Nicole (after they just woken up) she made sure she was okay, and gave her a gentle tap on the head. I think what she did to Nicole's cut out was def for laughs.

Hong Soo Ah - Certainly one of the closest cast w/ Nicole

Jeong Ga Eun - I haven't seen much interaction but she doesn't seem like the disliking type.

Lee Jin - Their private conversation in the midst of everything that was going around them was cute. Senior/junior love

Shin Bong Sun - She loves Nicole and they are both comfortable with each other.

Yoo In Na - See GIFs Mae just posted. She is nice and easily approachable.

Jiyeon, IU - idk about these two. They are more interested in their little friendship than everyone else around them.

Lee Hwi Jae is just a jerk.

It's funny that you guys mention Lee HwiJae and his attitude towards Nicole on the show, because on his other show 'Quiz to Change the World', I find that he rather enjoys it when the guests call her. I do see the indifference that he has with her but I don't know if that's because the age-gap that they have between them causes him to have a more father-daughter relationship her, like a stern father. I mean I don't see him interacting much with JiYeon or IU either though. Maybe it's just me trying to look more on the positive side of the situation but I do understand where you guys are coming from. I too do feel the frustration sometimes watching the show because of the way Nicole's being neglected and/or treated. But I do believe that in due time she will shine.

yeah agree with you guys, i actually don't like how MC Lee Hwi Jae treats Nicole on this show, Noh Hung Chul is better....but probably just like UnknownIdiot said maybe its his role for the show as the dicipline MC while Noh Hung Chul as his opposite....or maybe he's just a jerk like tms said :sweatdrop:

I think i agree with tms about how the other casts acts towards Nicole, ...at least she's not completely alone there....at first i kinda hope IU and Jiyeon would hit it off well with Nicole with their idol background but as tms mentioned they seems not too interesting with the other than themselves (kids these days :lol: )

As for other casts attitude towards Nicole, i remember what Lee Seung Gi said to Seung Yeon on Strong Heart about how variety shows actually just like war without guns, so i bet every casts will try their best to make their own screentime even doing things they wouldn't do on their daily life, coz basically they just want to survive on that show, so i guess now it depends on Nicole on how she would placed herself in this show whether she just became herself with risk getting cut by the editing team, or she could act more aggresive and not became herself on the show.....the thing is Nicole once said she hate lying

thanks for the gifs mae, i can't believe i still haven't watched this week episode, but from the gifs it look like a fun eps...http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6853/95129457.gif this one really typical Nicole :lol: food comes first

Thanks so much for the gifs mae :D Love it haha it's scary how Cole gets competitive in the game cos her aim is high and the chance of getting hit on the face.. XD

I know Cole hasn't been the type to actually do anything just to get the camera's attention but I'm hoping she'll do some things too hahaha cos I want more screentime XD and she's missing Kara activities for this so yeah XD

Anyways Cole's cut from Ep 7 :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4RtH-_VyHg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZonlgPNLvo

At least no one can say that Nicole is attention wh*** and disrespectful. No matter who it is, she is never rude and apologizes profusely for anything that could be taken in offense. I forgot to mention in the least episode, apparently Nicole took a really long time to decide which team to go one. And when she decided to go on Inyoung's team she did a complete 90 degree bow to Gahee.