[Official Thread] SBS Heroes

mae

I haven't been watching Heroes lately (still up to episode 4) cause I didn't really know where to find subs. But I had no idea that HwiJae's being a jerk to our Nicole. If this is really true then I'll definitely hate this guy... :angry:

I know she may not have a lot of screen time now but I'm hoping it increases soon. She's gotta work her way up there ^^

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's noticeable that each shows' PD has their favorite idols/participants. For example, when you watch Star Golden Bell with SNSD as guess, the camera randomly zooms in on Taeyeon even though she's not doing anything (Not that I have much to complain about :whistling: ). Another example was SooYoung (SGB episode too) complaining about a music show (I forget which) where Yoona gets a lot of camera time because the cameraman favors her so she (SY) tries to stand behind Yoona for face time. As ArtermisRider mentioned before, Yuri got the spotlight for a while in Invincible Youth due to high popularity with the staff?

Not all blame are on the PDs though, the MCs can play a big part too. For example, IY's male MCs (the Chief and BearWoo) favored Yuri as they mentioned so she got the most attention from them. One reason I usually prefer watching ShinYoung's team when they split, she tries to give everyone a chance to take the camera by giving them a chance to do something silly or tries to converse with them and hope that they respond with something camera worthy.

I think right now Nicole is almost on the same boat as Hyomin was during the beginning of IY (lol folding screen). She just needs time to find her place on the show. It's a show with 12+2 participants fighting for screentime and most of them have the "senior" advantage over her so she can't really talk back or cut in while someone else is speaking. Maybe she should pair up with Narsha or LeeJin, they seem like they are running solo quietly too. I'd suggest Gahee too but it looks like IU/Jiyeon are keeping her busy already; just seems like those 2 maknaes are attached to their big sister since the Coast Guard episode cook-off.

Almost forgot, that LeeHwiJae guy needs to get fired... from the entertainment industry. For some reason he has that type of face you just want to, not punch, but slap over and over and over. He's just not funny at all. You might say he could have the role of keeping people in line but if you watch IY, the Chief does have that role but does it while being funny!

Edited by coldseason

Ok, everyone is gonna kill me for this, but it's not like the MC has all the fault.

I mean, as @UnknownIdiot said, in Quiz to Change the World he quite enjoys when she is talking on the phone. I can see the MC roles as the good and the bad police because it's not like HwiJae just ignores her, he's more like a cold MC to everyone compared to HongChul.

Just like GaHee and SIY seems to be rivals, it should be quite normal for the MC to show two differents side.

If both of them were just making fun and laughing as HongChul then it would be quite... Dunno...

In any case, it's not like we should say that he's a jerk or whatever because in the end we're just watching what they want us to see and we really don't know what's going on behind the cameras nor what are the roles of each one.

And, in my opinion, is better for her to have someone who isn't THAT nice with her (although, I don't think he has done something that bad for everyone to hate him), if everyone where too nice with her it would just look soo fake and maybe it would be even uncomfortable.

I love Nicole and I'm not a fan of him but I think that it's rather stupid to hate him or, at least, get angry with him just because of that. And much more when it's not like he treats everyone really well except for Nicole.

this show is really enjoyable to watch. though the subs are quite slow, i guess we just have to be patient?

anyway.. nicole is really funny when she misinterprets the Korean words due to her lack in Korean language.

hopefully this shows continues and don't get cancelled like other variety shows!

MrChibi actually subs for Heroes is very fast, I mean after it's aired there's part that will be sub immediately XD

About Hwi Jae, I'm not really that fond of him cos I've watched him in other Korean shows already and I don't think he's that funny but I don't think he should be hated XD I mean surely Cole doesn't get close to everyone and maybe they just didn't hit it off and there's 12 of them there competing for some air time and Cole's variety skills still needs improvement hehe but hopefully she'll assert herself in future episodes :P

Well initially the mention of Hwi Jae was because he was rude to Nicole, he was making fun of traits she naturally has. So teasing her, of course people would call him out because Nicole can't do anything back. He's not a saint, we all know that now.

^ EHHH? IF THEY REPLACE NICOLE I WILL FOREVER HATE SBS. If Nicole was the one that had to drop out cuz of her management or something then okay. But if they replace cuz she doesn't participate enough...someone will get hurt :)

But seriously, hope someone translates that article xD I don't wanna jump to conclusions or get worried over nothing xD

It would be stupid to replace her when there is people who appear or do even less than her (Narsha and Lee Jin for example, and in any case they would replace Narsha when she is quite quiet and has a lot of things doing at the same time (IY, radio, etc.)) so... Let's wait for a translation before starting to worry.

Anyways, as @aneaab said, today's episode was quite a good one for Nicole. She has a competition against Jiyeon where they had to eat something before making a noise and the other team gave her more food after doing the butt dance (LOL at the noise her back did xDD).

Plus, she showed quite a bit of her 4D personality in a lot of ocasions and they put a really "awesome" background music when she was trying to put a table well with HongChul.

Seriously, I'm quite happy with this episode :D

Did she get a second place in the last part of the show with the suitcases? It was for the popular team for the next episode?

Anyways, next episode looks really interesting!!

Edited by kurooha

There was so much Nicole in this episode. She seems more like herself, but she was still rather timid. I was surprised at all the screentime they gave her... she didn't really do that much more. They just gave her a lot of random shots. But OMG this episode was absolutely hilarious. I was like dying of laughter, I love this show. I think I would still watch it if Nicole wasn't there but I wouldn't nearly be as interested.

But yeah, Nicole was second place in the popularity poll. Nice to see Nicole rightfully at the top :P

My favorite Nicole moment was after she did the decibel thing and she made this cute "oh yeah..."

Edited by tms

yay nicole was 2nd in the popularity vote~~ i was totally happy when she lifted the suitcase! If i'm not wrong the voters consist of the 12 members, the hosts, stylists, PDs etc.. So i guess everyone pretty much love nicole for who she is.. being the helpful, humble and kind Cole~ Not to mention she's getting closer to Lee Jin, Yoo Inna and Hong SooAh~ I think Nicole is getting more comfortable in the show. :)

Looking forward to the next episode!

I'm proud of Nicole though.. Korean fans are saying how she's adapting to the Korean variety shows finally lol.. The dance wasn't meant to as funny as it turned out to be but Nicole's so much funnier when it's like unplanned things occurring lol. The staff all liked her performance. Cole & Lee Jin are soo cute and it's nice Nicole found someone that used to be in DSP.. I wonder if they ever talk about the old days XD She did look really cute in the hanbok for the next ep, she was skipping lol. Thanks Christine for making all the cuts!

I love Nicole/FinKl. Hyori and Nicole were also very... well not cute but you can see Hyori really caring for Nicole in Family Outing, despite her image. She was a huge reason Nicole got so much screentime on FO, she would ask random questions... all the MCs did that too.

lol Lee Jin is prob telling Nicole all Hyori and the rest of FinKl's secrets. Nicole vice versa... telling Kara's secrets. Maybe just about general idol stuff, who is dating who and how some times never change....

Okay so this seems like the best episode yet. And I can't find it x( The mysweetcole video was private and now SBS just took it off. Any place I can watch it? :(

never mind ^^ I just downloaded it.

I really liked this episode. But I wanna know what the staff said about Cole(seems very sweet from the reaction). Nicole's not getting use to variety. Seriously that dance(the one with the balding cap) wasn't a variety dance. That was SOOO Nicole. lol, I just realized Nicole can do variety, she just needs some time xD

Can't wait to see the next episode. They probably did a fashion show with the hanbok xD

Edited by nerdxissa

ahh I love Heroes and yes I wish Nicole has more parts because the reason why I watch Heroes is because of Nicole :whistling:

but does anyone know where to watch this subbed? (checked snjeung but she doesnt have the time to sub Heroes fully nor upload parts) D: