[2008.12.09] Kara finds their own color. Now is the REAL start..

coffeebeanie

Kara, who recently found their own unique color, is garnering the attention of many.

k1hw1.png

The group, who debuted last year, came back on December 4 bringing with them their 2nd mini-album Pretty Girl. At 4 pm, December 9, this album has already reached number 2 in the online music chart Hanteo, right behind Big Bang's second album.

The strong interest in Kara and their new mini-album was already confirmed even before the album was released as their teaser for Pretty Girls MV garnered 40,000 views in just 12 hours of release on their fansite Kara with Polaris.

After the release of their mini-album, they started their promotions with a fun and lively stage at KBS2's Music Bank. After this comeback stage, the group and the members' ranking as the most searched in various portal sites started to become higher as well. The song Pretty Girl which goes along well with the christmas season, and Honey which is also included in the mini-album are enjoying much popularity online.

Last December 8, Kara, explained how finding their identity or their unique color helped them rise in popularity and also grab the attention and interest of many through an interview.

k2sn3.png

Kara's leader Park Gyuri(20) tells us laughingly that "Maknae Kang Ji Young(14) who turned into a 3rd year junior high student this summer, and Ku Hara(17) who joined the group this year helped them get new fans, especially oppa(older brother), unni(older sister), uncle & soldiers fans."

SSGB's MC Han Seungyeon(20) also added "When the dongsaengs (younger sisters) came, people's reaction was that Kara became much more fresher, younger, livelier and cuter than before. I think this helped us find our own uniqueness". "When we are on stage, each member tries to show an honest and refreshing personality, which adds to the charm of the group" she added with a smile.

Jung Nicole(17) says that "Ever since Rock U, fans have seen us as the girl-next-door type that is relatable and comfortable to be with, and so with this new mini-album, we retained the cute, comfortable girl-next-door image. We are so grateful that fans liked this and are receiving us well."

One of the reasons why the group tries and works so hard is the pride they take in their music and performance.

Gu Hara stated "That aside from Pretty Girl and Honey, we have confidence in all the other songs in the album, and that is why despite it being at the end of the year, we still released our album this December." "In order to show a fun and lively stage, we wore pink clothes and matching pink accessories, and we are really pleased that this interested many fans as well" Hara added with a big smile.

Maknae Ji Young said that "We are all living in the dorm together and the unnis massage my feet whenever I'm tired". Lastly, she added "Our teamwork is so good, that it'll be really great if all of us members could always perform happily together"

The ever so cute and comfortable Kara, as their last message shouted with glee: "Now is the REAL start!". And truly, with the amount of interest and popularity that the group is now gathering, the real competition starts now.

source: NEWS LINK. thanks to mae for the link. :D

translated by coffeebeanie@karaholic CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE

screencap: coffeebeanie@karaholic DO NOT TAKE OUT OF THREAD.

Edited by coffeebeanie

the unnies massaged Jiyoung's feet? oh wow! haha! Kara's little own princess. :D

im glad its doing good on Hanteo. seems like Honey would be their next single.

its no doubt that JiRa brings in more fans to Kara, but i hope those new fans wont forget the meaning of being a Kamilian.

the new pictures are pretty too.

thanks for tranlating this Tin. :D

haha Jiyoung getting a foot massage?

she must really enjoy being the maknae =D

i wonder if they gave Nicole the same treatment before?

it's good to hear that Kara is doing so well

i really like the new pics as well =]

thanks for the news mae and tin =D

I'm glad that they're growing in the popularity. But, I didn't like the title "now is the real start".

They began with Break It with Kim Sunghee. And they had a powerful color. A good start.

Now, the real start to the new Kara is Pretty Girl and not Rock U. I'm happy to them, but I don't wanna them to forget their beginning days.

Thank you for the translations Tin onni ^^

Wow such a very nice article...XD

It kinda hurts no Haejin ah?lol

Anyway, its nice to hear that many are getting interested to Kara and to their new 2nd Mini Album...

Wish more of the best for Kara...

Kara Fighting!!!

Gosh, KARA already had their own colours since they made debut last year!!

This article seems like perfectly ignoring 1st Generation(When Seongja was in)!

Being a 1st Gen fen, this article hurts me :P

BUT, I'm still a fan of them(Inc. Hara and Jiyoung) so I'll see the bright side.

KARA will be another great girl group, among Girls' Generation and Wonder Girls.

GO KARA!

Gosh, KARA already had their own colours since they made debut last year!!

This article seems like perfectly ignoring 1st Generation(When Seongja was in)!

Being a 1st Gen fen, this article hurts me :P

^

i know what you mean. i agree too. its like as if they're saying that Sunghee didnt brought in fans when Kara was 4. i know, they probably didnt mean it that way, but the way the article is, it stings a little.

im sure KARA and Kamilia wont forget their root. Where they started off and who they started it off with.

Just because Sunghee is not here, doesnt mean she's no longer a part of them.

i miss Sunghee. :P

well, the tone of the article is that basically, Kara is ready to be in the forefront of the girl idol groups.. i don't think it meant to downgrade Sunghee and the original four..

but i think what DSP's strategy is, to create a whole another Kara, far from that when they first debuted. so that fans can distinguish the old from the new. from hip-hop hoodies, to girly pink skirts. who would've thought?

i mean, if they were still in their earlier concept days, we'd probably miss sungja more..

*sigh*

but. on a more positive note, the girls are getting so much good press, and it hasn't even been a week from their comeback! :P

thanks Tin <3 so productive XD

It`s just good news :] they are getting attention

and recognition more than ever.

But... yeah agree. The article might accidentally hurt someone

[actually i think "definitely will"] if come across it :] we are hurt

already, how could she not? :]

sorry, i know i should be happy instead x)

WoW! ~

hehehe the girls are so kind with each other awww

Jiyounh part was so cute ♥

I'm soooooooo happy they are gaining attention !

finally ! ... this mini album is so good and people are looking for it

the best luck for our girls !

i really hope they win a mutizen

with this song !

i think many of us, especially those of us who loved KARA from the beginning might get hurt from this article but of course GyulHamCole will never forget lol. i don't even question it..all that struggle kept them working harder! but it's really just amazing all of the stuff that is happening, number 2 on Hanteo?! "old" fans couldn't even imagine this for a time.. and i feel like the girls are entitled to feel and be happy, they went through so much, and things happen that they couldn't control.

didn't know Honey was that popular :)

yes it is all a fresh new kara

i like both the old kara and new kara in a different way.. as if it were 2 group

i stayed because i have faith in these girls and even if i didn't i would still comeback as a new fan

it is sad to think in the past didn't really matter and now this is a new beginning

but we fans still need understand tat tis is a new beginning.. for both us and them too...i don't like how ppl are still comparing then to now

the only sad thing is the new fans.... i love them and such but some just start to bash others group..

and i just want to say tat we Kamilia. both here and Korea are ..calm ppl? lol well even in the name book we mean sweetness. soo let stay sweet and be the best fanbase out there... don't start bashing others. we don't want ppl to bash kara rite?

i remember how people doubted kara when they came back with hara and jiyoung

well haha! in your peoples faces!

lol..sorry! i'm just so proud of them :P

i'm kind of scared that kamilia might change completely..

i mean like even people here..are already starting to bash others.

and i don't really like it..

i hope they win a mutizen[?]! #1 here we come!! :D

Maknae Ji Young said that "We are all living in the dorm together and the unnis massage my feet whenever I'm tired".

omg jiyoung, why are you so cute? (:

ah! this is great news! Their album is #2 on a website!

dang, such a huge accomplishment :)

-happy-