[2010.08.03] Set for Japanese debut, KARA receives overwhelming response after appearing on local music program

mae

139227108d5846aa3f60c28.jpg

Ahead of their first Japanese single release on 11th August, KARA had left for Japan on 29th July and is currently doing promotions there.

Greeted warmly by over 100 fans at the airport when they reached Japan, the girls did not take a moment to rest and went straight to NihonTV music variety TV program ‘Happy Music’ where they performed together with other local stars like AKB48, Chemistry etc. And their performance had received overwhelming response.

As soon as the reservation sales for the girls’ upcoming album opened on 15th July, all 3 versions of the album were up #1,2,3 on the local daily album sales chart Tower record.

Other than that, the girls’ Japanese version of ‘Mister’ MV was played on all 8 large screen LCD screens in Shibuya. There are also plans for the girls’ posters to be put at 1800 various famous convenient stores (ampm, Family mart, Lawson).

The girls’ appearance on ‘Happy Music’ is set to air on 13th August.

S: Newsen

Credit: KBITES.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go get them girls!! I know some people have been underestimating KARA but everything so far looks promising!

Over 100 fans.. and no fanpics or accounts..hmm

8 Large LCD screen, that a lot of butt dances, plus posters over 1800 stores. WOW I think KARA popularity in Japan may be more bigger than Korea. I don't know it seem like KARA is going to definitely take japan by storm. Plus 8 screen of butt dances, you know how many people probably walk and see that, they weould just start doing the butt dance. And I want to some fancam, so we can seee if the japan idol group would try to do the butt dances. I don't think KARA is just going to promote just for 20 days with the amount of fans show up at the airport just to see them, I would have to say that KARA is going to promote till the end of august and come back in september. KARA is definelty popular and japan, next stop maybe taiwan

thanks for sharing mae

i don''t knotw on how other group doing in Japan, but i really think UMJ doing a good job promoting them so far

Over 100 fans.. and no fanpics or accounts..hmm

see..this is what sometimes "annoys" me everytime they go to Japan :hihi:

╔══════════════╗

I'm so hyped about their debut!!!

Hands down they are going to succeed in Japan!

And its great how much exposure they are getting!

I'm giving UMJ an A for taking such great care of KARA~

Not to mention KARA's popularity is skyrocketing!

They have even perked the interest of other Japanese celebs!!!

GO KARA GO!!!

╚══════════════╝

It must have been a wonderful feeling to be standing in the middle of Shibuya and having the Mister MV be playing all around you. I'ma ask my friend in Japan to try and get one of the posters for me omg.

Btw does that sign say Kara-sama? Or is my kanji like really bad.

This news makes me very happy. I love love UMJ right now for doing a wonderful job of promoting our girls so far.. Where are the airport fan cams? Also we've only seen 1 out of 8 MVs' screen and 2 posters? Come on japanese kamillia share video and pictures pretty please! :o

Looking forward to watching "Happy Music"... hopefully will be uploaded in youtube! Thanks mae for sharing this wonderful news. :)

KARA's 'Mister' music video is being played on the main streets of Shibuya in Japan, becoming a hot issue among fans.

With their japanese debut just around the corner, KARA recently revealed the music video for the japanese version of 'Mister' and began full-scale promotional activities. KARA crossed to Japan at the end of July and currently, they are recording and being interviewed for a popular TV program.

After news spread that on the 1st of August, the 'Mister' music video CF would be broadcasted on the LCD screen of a building in Shibuya, one of the busiest districts in Tokyo, it attracted the fans interest.

The 'Mister' music video CF is being broadcasted on Shibuya's Tsutaya building. The Tsutaya building is located at the very core of Shibuya, in a central location. The music video CF is being aired through a LCD screen installed on the front of the building. According to japanese fans, the 'Mister' music video CF airs for 15 seconds every 2 hours.

Besides that, there are also a number of banners promoting KARA's debut spread around the streets of Tokyo, garnering interest as well.

Unlike Korea, which relies heavily on online promotions, the japanese market focuses mostly on offline promotions and therefore, outdoor billboards are considered an important marketing tactic.

KARA will release their japanese debut single 'Mister' on the 11th of August.

Source:

Translated by: Harue @ Karaholic.com

just watching Invincible Youth Japan Trip.

when i look at how Hara dominate the fan there, i guess KARA can surely succeed very well in Japan.

plus being broadcast in the middle of Shibuya? just wait and see for their Japan debut! huhu.

KARA hwaiting!! ^^

Shibuya is like one of the best places for marketing and advertising in Japan, and I'm glad the stores are about to fill with kara posters. It's a shame only 15 seconds of the mv is played though, but I guess they'll play the whole MV once their single goes retail.

There's also a fancam of the MV clip played on the Tsutaya screen.