• Announcements

• r0naLd222

Looking for GFX Peepz!   10/18/2016

Karaholic needs GFX (Graphic Artists). If you are interested, please message me or @flamestalker , @Yongery or @Lupang
    • flamestalker

[NEW] Member Solo Activities Subforums!   03/11/2017

Hey Karaholic! Since all of the members are now with different agencies, we thought it'd be appropriate to create new subforums so members can stay in touch with their activities. Please try to post here from now on with future updates and events.  Here are the new subforums we've created:
      Park Gyuri: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/158-park-gyuri-solo-activities-motion-media/
      Han Seungyeon: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/159-han-seungyeon-solo-activities-jwide/
      Goo Hara: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/157-goo-hara-solo-activities-keyeast/
      Jung Nicole: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/160-jung-nicole-solo-activities-b2m/
      Kang Jiyoung: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/161-kang-jiyoung-solo-activities-sweetpower/ For Youngji, we've opted to leave the forum as is as she is still with DSP Media.  Thanks for your attention, hope you continue to drop by and visit.. new members and old! 

-KH Staff
mae

[2010.08.06] DSP Entertainment Disproves Rumors Stating that Kara's Gyuri's Mom Has Cancer

66 posts in this topic

DSP Entertainment Disproves Rumors Stating that Kara’s Gyuri’s Mom Has Cancer

parkgyuri.jpg

Rumors circulating around stating that Kara’s Gyuri’s mother is currently suffering from cancer have been proven to be false by both SBS and Gyuri herself.

SBS’s promotional team ignited the rumor when they reported, “Kara’s leader, Park Gyuri’s mother Park Sohyun appeared on ‘Star Junior’ and revealed that she had suffered from cancer. When she was sick, Gyuri was preparing to become a singer and did not tell her, so she wrote a will.” However, this was disproved by SBS later on when they explained that Park Sohyun had mistaken some of the health problems she had been experiencing for cancer – later on when she went through an inspection, it was found that she was in fact, dealing with stomach ulcers.

This was confirmed by DSP Entertainment, who stated, “It’s a shame that completely false information has become known. It was simply that she thought she was experiencing symptoms of cancer, but were just stomach ulcers.”

Park Sohyun herself had been planning to come out as an artist just like her daughter; thankfully, cancer won’t be in the way of her career plans.

Source: Lee Kyungran@joongang.co.kr

Translation: ch0sshi@kpoplive.com

Written by: glorilla@kpoplive.com

yay good news!!

hahahaha

thanks for sharing this mae :)

a BIG 'fiuuuuuhhh' theres no cancer

gyuri & mom : please take care of your health

:D

Edited by stevenstanley

That's a good sigh of relief...thankfully it can be treated by medication.

Gyuri find some time to take care of your omma =).

thank goodness! it was a bad rumor though >< I'm glad DSP stepped in to clear things up :)

this is good news ^^ good thing DSP cleared this up :) yay!

thanks for sharing mae

yep..thank goodness its not cancer...although i blamed the media for picking up the story half even before the show aired that lead to misunderstanding :) i know they mean for teased the viewers, but sometimes they tend to exaggerate it

Edited by kara4life

This is a good news.....

It's good that gyuri's mother wouldn't be suffering from cancer......

:D

Thats good to hear, i hope gyuris mom is always in good health and same with kara too!!

What a relief~

That's good! Cancer is really a sad and troublesome thing to have!

Hope this clears up all the rumours out there ^^

Well that was just not nice! and relief too

Well what ever stomace ulcers are

I hope her gets better from that

you've scared me!!! but thanks god that she's alright!!

SBS has been very..... "political" lately.

Creating issues where they aren't there in the first place.. :)

that's good news! hope she takes care of her health!

in the article, didnt her mom already say she thought it was cancer, but turned out to be stomach ulcers?

Yeah I was so shocked when the news initially came out but dug up the true bit right away, so it's nice DSP clarified.

thanks for sharing mae

yep..thank goodness its not cancer...although i blamed the media for picking up the story half even before the show aired that lead to misunderstanding :) i know they mean for teased the viewers, but sometimes they tend to exaggerate it

I totally agree with you kara4life.

Sometimes, shows just give us a preview that looks and sounds interesting but tends not to care about issues that would appear.

Anyway, it's a relief for Gyul and for us Kamilia. ^^

who is spreading this kind or rumours??? anyway gyuri and gyuri mama pls take care~~~

It's a good news !

It would be too sad if this rumor was true

well thats a total relief, im glad that gyuri doesnt have to experience her mom having cancer. great news!!!

SBS has been very..... "political" lately.

Creating issues where they aren't there in the first place.. :D

hahah can i stand behind you & shout "very true indeed"?

---

when news first broke out at allkpop, i was worried but then another update dismissed the "news" as false alarm. it was just part of the plan to attract attention without considering the impact it had on the involved parties. bad taste, i would say.

was shock when i initially saw it on allkpop, luckily i read the article and found out it wasnt how it seems