[2010.08.06] DSP Entertainment Disproves Rumors Stating that Kara's Gyuri's Mom Has Cancer

mae

DSP Entertainment Disproves Rumors Stating that Kara’s Gyuri’s Mom Has Cancer

parkgyuri.jpg

Rumors circulating around stating that Kara’s Gyuri’s mother is currently suffering from cancer have been proven to be false by both SBS and Gyuri herself.

SBS’s promotional team ignited the rumor when they reported, “Kara’s leader, Park Gyuri’s mother Park Sohyun appeared on ‘Star Junior’ and revealed that she had suffered from cancer. When she was sick, Gyuri was preparing to become a singer and did not tell her, so she wrote a will.” However, this was disproved by SBS later on when they explained that Park Sohyun had mistaken some of the health problems she had been experiencing for cancer – later on when she went through an inspection, it was found that she was in fact, dealing with stomach ulcers.

This was confirmed by DSP Entertainment, who stated, “It’s a shame that completely false information has become known. It was simply that she thought she was experiencing symptoms of cancer, but were just stomach ulcers.”

Park Sohyun herself had been planning to come out as an artist just like her daughter; thankfully, cancer won’t be in the way of her career plans.

Source: Lee Kyungran@joongang.co.kr

Translation: ch0sshi@kpoplive.com

Written by: glorilla@kpoplive.com

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for sharing mae

yep..thank goodness its not cancer...although i blamed the media for picking up the story half even before the show aired that lead to misunderstanding :) i know they mean for teased the viewers, but sometimes they tend to exaggerate it

Edited by kara4life

thanks for sharing mae

yep..thank goodness its not cancer...although i blamed the media for picking up the story half even before the show aired that lead to misunderstanding :) i know they mean for teased the viewers, but sometimes they tend to exaggerate it

I totally agree with you kara4life.

Sometimes, shows just give us a preview that looks and sounds interesting but tends not to care about issues that would appear.

Anyway, it's a relief for Gyul and for us Kamilia. ^^

SBS has been very..... "political" lately.

Creating issues where they aren't there in the first place.. :D

hahah can i stand behind you & shout "very true indeed"?

---

when news first broke out at allkpop, i was worried but then another update dismissed the "news" as false alarm. it was just part of the plan to attract attention without considering the impact it had on the involved parties. bad taste, i would say.