[2010.09.29] Japanese 1st Album [KARA BEST 2007-2010]

xichigo

All the relevant discussions about Kara's Japanese Best Album will go here! The album is set to drop on September 29, 2010, in two different versions 1) CD Only and 2) CD+DVD. The version with the DVD is a limited edition and you all know what that means right? wink.gif Get it while it's still available! Also, both versions come with a poster.

Here's the blurb from CDJapan:

Greatest hits album release from Korean girls group KARA featuring their popular songs sung in Korean. Limited edition includes a bonus DVD featuring event footage at Shinkiba Studio Coast on August 14, 2010 and behind-the-scene. *Unless otherwise indicated, DVDs are region-2 encoded (Japan, Europe, and Middle East), and carry no subtitles.

Where to purchase: (all these online stores are official sales data providers to Oricon)
Regular Edition: CDJapan, HMV Japan, Yesasia (with poster), Yesasia (no poster)
Limited Edition: CDJapan, HMV Japan, Yesasia (with poster), Yesasia (no poster)
*I'll update this with more links once they become available.
*Please buy and support! The Oricon Chart is entirely based on sales. By buying the girls' album you'll be contributing toward the album's position on the chart!

Covers
Regular (CD Only)
cdonly.jpg

Limited (CD+DVD)
cddvd.jpg

Tracklisting:
28krl21-1.png

Related thread(s): KARA's debut in Japan [Mister] Discussion Thread (Discuss about their debut single, Mister!)

Please note that all tracks will be in Korean, as confirmed by CDJapan and Universal Music Japan.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hnmm, KARA recorded the songs in japanese, isn't?

I remember when DSP said something about it.

They released Pretty Girl, Honey and Wanna in japanese after with a DVD.

But... CD Japan said KOREAN? WHY? OMG, this is not good D:

THE MUSICS HAS TO BE IN JAPANESE ;; /WHAT

Wah, I want "I AM" on album <333

It's my favorite KARA's ballad *-*

And LET IT GO << this is a GREAT song

Oh, I almost forget, SECRET WORLD!

Edited by Frience

Yeah i thought it would be in japanese too...but hope umj did had plan for this, coz so far their plans had been great for Kara

I would nominate if u wanna, ing or lonely for ballad and tasty love would be great

Too bad its just for region 2, so i guess i'm out then....

I still hope that the description of CD Japan won't be confirmed lol.

Since it's a release for Japan I don't get the point to put the original korean songs

And especially since KARA have already recorded in Japanese half of the songs

Pretty Girl + Honey + Wanna + Mister + Umbrella + Lupin (DSP has anounced it earlier no ?)

All they need to do is to recorder six other songs in japanese !

Moreover, Japan will probably apreciate more this album if it's in japanese

Because even if it contains old songs, the only fact it will be in japanese will make it be special

For the others songs, I would say :

- Break It : It's an important song since it was their debut song

- If U Wanna

- Rock U : Another important song in KARA's history

- Some ballads (Wait or ...ing or Magic)

- Let It Go

- Tasty Love

Oh it's in Korean and not Japanese? Well I guess that's okay. I was wondering how they could've made a Japanese version of Kara4 songs without Sunghee. But I'm hoping they include ballads in it. I especially want "I Am" on it. It's my favorite ballad ^^

I wish they have more ballads in the future... But anyways, this Best Of Album is still great ^^

Sung in Korean? What's the point of releasing this on japanese market when they just rereleased old albums awhile back-Special Premium. I hope it's just a misprint from CDJapan.

Oh wells, I know I'll be getting it anyways just to complete my collection and support the girls! I hope that they include Break It,If U Wanna,Secret World & Rock U since it's a Best Album. Good luck to Kara and wish this would chart well on the Oricon.

the description in neowing (cdjapan's main store) says the tracks that was selected are the ones that the japanese fans choose by a survey in the umj website not long ago and all of those songs that they choose is obviously in korean...and also to give the new fans an introduction to their discography and what to expect after....

Edited by tomochan

I want 'broken promise' included in the album >_<...Rock U would also be a great fit for the BEST ALBUM. I for one thought that the tracks would be re-sung in Japanese, but Japanese or not I'm still preordering the limited edition :D whee UMJ is making me broke with all these releases!

first the repackaged special premium box for japan then the japan sweet muse dvdbox (mbc), the karaful dvdbox (mnet) & the kara vacation (though this is targeted at korean), now the latest in kara best 2007-2010.

what's the selling point now? the mini-concert on 14th aug in dvd? but how about the cd version? so the inclusion of first blooming? re-sing? in japanese? what are left not found in special premium box? exciting time ahead. :)

lol korean? that doesn't seem right. but, hey, they're funding it. i'll prolly get it cause i don't have any kara cds yet. i wanna know what the other songs on the cd are though... i'm hoping 'i am' makes it, that was a really good song.

imo re-sing first blooming album is out because dsp & umj are sure to have reserved thought for the korean kamilia. will they release in japan when local kamilia have been yelling it for long? i don't think so. probably just to package the original songs if they are voted by popularity. new japanese songs? no also because i would use & include in the 2nd single.

I was hoping it would be in Japanese >< Or at least a few songs would be in Japanese. But either way, I'm still excited for the DVD. Time to earn some money!

Betting that Break It and If U wanna will be there. I'm hoping Secret World would be too. And ...I am <3

I've already put in my order for this on CDJapan. It looks like it's shaping up to be a great release!

I think it'll do wonderfully to let Japanese fans know more about Kara.

I think the songs that will go on the album will be firstly the title/promoted songs.

They'll probably then include songs that had MVs made and songs they liked to perform as well as digital singles too. So my prediction:

• Break It
  • If U Wanna
  • Secret World
  • I Am
  • Goodday Season 2
  • Same Heart
  • Lonely

About whether or not the songs are in Korean or Japanese... I think I'll wait for an official announcement from UMJ instead. Seems a bit shady that ALL the songs are gonna be in Korean and not Japanese. Since we already know Kara5 is capable of singing If U Wanna (they sang it during the Metafriends concert), why not record a Japanese version? I don't think Break It would be a problem either. If all the songs are in Korean then this greatest hits album is only going to be a shrunken down version of the Premium Box released earlier, no? >_>

-crossing my fingers for an all-Japanese album-

I hope Secret World will be included too :P There's a high chance since it was one of the promoted tracks from the first album. Rock U too.

i think they wont re-sing any songs, but the songs that they have recorded earlier in japanese will be included

idk, just prediction. but most likely they wont put 100% korean songs, its for japanese though

AAAAAAAA I WANT PREORDER THE LIMITED!!!!!! im broke =_=

edit: KARA's Best Album is #1!!!!!!!!!

k1fnuo.jpg

Edited by stevenstanley

Based on this LINK, there are already 8 'confirmed' songs to be included: (I might be wrong..I don't understand Jap)

1. Mister

2. Honey

3. Lupin

4. Pretty Girl

5. Wanna

6. Rock You

7. Umbrella

8. Magic

so, that means 4 more songs to be included..(I really hope that they will include We're With You and at least a song from 'The First Blooming' album..

BTW, whichever songs included in this album, or in which language the songs will be, looking at the preorder ranking ^, it sure will be daebak!!

edit: KARA's Best Album is #1!!!!!!!!!

Woah, this is great! We're already off to a pretty good start :D

^

Thanks for the link JiRaJjang01! I'll update the first post.

Glad that Magic is included but please please, songs from their first album? BreakItBreakItBreakIt.