[2010.09.29] Japanese 1st Album [KARA BEST 2007-2010]

xichigo

Big bang album sells

first week 2-3-3-3-5-11 rank 3 sells 27,843

second week 8-19-20-21-19-19-16 rank 20 sells 7,455

So KARA would need to sells a lot of album and maybe debut on 2 and we know KARA ususally stay consitent anddoesn't really far until the second week. Big bang fell the last day of the first week, so hopefully KARA doesn't and maintain their status.

Beside who is release a album when KARA is release their, if it a big name then it going to be hard.

Wow, our KARA definely outshine any korean idol group first debut. That beat dbsk and big bang in sells for the first sings, they were the first foreign group to debut on top 10 oricon chart after 29 years, first korean group to debut on the oricon chart, got the second most higher postion on the ocicon chart, and now sells more singles album then any korean idol group debut. Our korean is definely take japan by storm. And now number one for pre-order, tat incredible, can't be more happy then that. They were number one for three conservative days, not only one times but two times. Our girls are amazed, you can't be happy then that. What ever happen, our girls would aways be down in korean music history. Let just hope that this album would sell a lot and be on top 5 on the oricon chart. I was look at big bang first album(which I think they didn't debut yet) but the second is when they debut which was release last year, Big bang sold about over a little 44K, but they sold a little over 10K this year. So the total that they sold was 58,838. So I guess KARA would need to sells over 44K to beat how much big bang sells the first year, but if they beat big bang and sells over 60K(which I think would be really hard) then thy outshine all the idol group. They will be not only beat big bang and dbsk in the first singles, but they would beat them in the first album. I also think big bang first album was in korean, but how some songs in japanese, that what I think KARA is going to have. If KARA get over 60K for their first album, they would definely win every japan award for like best newcomer.

LOL dont get too happy just yet.

SNSD is bound to do well too. and trust me, their sales are also gonna skyrocket cos they have 3 showcases, whereby some 20 000 fans are gonna attend. so u can imagine how well they're gonna sell. plus i'll bet u anything that korean AND international SONES (the number is not to be underestimated) will buy through YesAsia, etc to contribute to the sales as reflected on the Oricon charts. so in short SNSD's debut has high potential too. im not saying that SNSD will definitely beat Kara: what im trying to say is, just don't underestimate the power of this ultimate 9.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the best of album is going to be more like a collector's item than an album that they'll promote a lot. Besides, Kara already has a 2nd single and upcoming Korean mini album so they'll probably focus on those more.

Which is okay, because as a collection album it doesn't count as a debut album (which is the one that counts for records and awards).

these are what i think too. best album is just another cd/dvd buy for existing & new fans, nothing more. so doubt they will promote with intensity, and it's not the same as "the album" as we thought it would be. :)

KARA TOWER RECORDS JAPAN CHART RANKING:

08.23.2010:

It went down to #2

2hgag5l.jpg

Then reclaimed #1 again

k564xs.jpg

(heehee, first time using spoiler tag x3 It saves up a lot of space xD)

It's so weird. Kara's been up there for awhile..... It's either they are selling a lot or japanese people don't pre-order but Kara fans do x3

Edited by nerdxissa

^

^

^

maybe true for some fans but don't be disappointed in the girls or dsp.

everyone prefers new song but it's the way things go, probably safer bet to test new market.

anyway should like to love all their songs, sang in whatever languages. :)

^

^

^

^Really?? I usually don't like songs that's made into another version or language but Mister was the only exception.

Back to topic, the Best Album is doing well in pre-order sales, right? So I'm guessing this is a good sign! It would be great if this did an awesome job as well ^-^

So did not like it when they made Mister into Japanese

it was terrible

I thought the korean version was better

hate that all korean groups are doing this now

But it's the safest way to go :)

I mean, let's assume that KARA doesn't have a lot of fans yet and UMJ or DSP payed a lot for a new song. But then the song didn't become a hit? So it will only be a waste of money.

I want the best of album to be released in my country arghhhh!!!