[2010.09.29] Japanese 1st Album [KARA BEST 2007-2010]

xichigo

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holymoly!!! AHH!~!!~! Forget 90k I'm pushin' for 100k!!! I don't think they'll get 10k this week x3 So yeah maybe 2-3 weeks. if they get at least 5k this week.

any chart of international artists hitting gold certification in japan with non-japanese album?

is kara the first from korea?

nahhh, dbsk already did that......I think x3 But, who cares what they broke x3 An all Korean Album will hit 100k! Dang, that's like a billion records right there x3 lol, spazzing too much... :devil:

^I don't think TVXQ has ever released a Korean compilation album?

I don't know either. But looked at the question wrong x3

"international artists hitting gold certification in japan with non-japanese album"

but I'm sure some artist out there has.... maybe not korean but some international artist x3 Hmmm, maybe International girl group hitting gold in japan w/ non-japanese album? lol, doesn't feel like a record anymore though x33

Hehe, spazzed so much cuz the 100k is in Kara's reach.

Not sure if this was posted but from Tokyohive update Oricon October ranking.

Oricon has just revealed its monthly charts for October. Number 7 omg Daebak. And their sales are so near my favorite japanese female artist Mika Nakashima. This is great news!! They are up to something big this time.Hope it reaches gold :)

<Album Monthly Chart>

1. Request – JUJU 9/29 (374,183)

2. 8UPPERS – Kanjani8 10/20 (248,914)

3. Houkago Tea Time II – Houkago Tea Time 10/27 (127,367)

4. GLAY – GLAY 10/13 (114,074)

5. Togemaru – Spitz 10/27 (95,038)

6. STAR – Nakashima Mika 10/27 (92,962)

7. KARA BEST 2007 – 2010 – KARA 9/29 (89,614)

8. ETERNITY ~Love & Songs~ – Koda Kumi 10/13 (72,252)

9. The Best of Shogo Hamada Vol.3 The Last Weekend – Hamada Shogo 10/6 (59,519)

10. A Thousand Suns – Linkin Park 9/15 (56,415)

Also information for singles ( I guess mister sold mostly during September and August)

<Single Monthly Chart>

1. Beginner – AKB48 10/27 (826,989)

2. Dear Snow – Arashi 10/6 (572,537)

3. I Wish For You – 10/6 EXILE (218,132)

4. Uchuhikoushi he no Tegami/Motor Cycle – BUMP OF CHICKEN 10/13 (118,031)

5. Yoku Asobi, Yoku Manabe – NYC 10/20 (102,721)

6. L(Virgin Road/Sweet Season/Last angel) – Hamasaki Ayumi 9/29 (92,478)

7. Gee – Shoujo Jidai 10/20 (89,561)

8. Kimi ni Todoke – flumpool 9/29 (56,683)

9. cosmetic – SID 9/29 (43,700)

10. Motto Tsuyoku – EXILE 9/15 (40,024)

Source Tokyohive

Edited by tinaomina

I can't believe it when I saw it that KARA sold about 7K. That amazing there sells seem very consitent like mister, if KARA sells are constient then they maybe sells 6K this week and 5K next week, bang hit 100K. Plus with jumping coming out it may boost of sells for mister and best album. But then again people would buy the jumping, but they would have to choice jumping, or best album. But I would think they would choice best album over the mister, since mister been a while. But that so good, I wondering would KARA hit the 100K before girls talk come out, I think they would if they manage to have the same constient in sells they would defintely hit 100K before girls talk. It amazing that this cd would sells 100K when all the song are in korean. I think no korean band has ever sold 100K if their cd in korean. I think KARA are the first to do it. Hopefully 100K, come on.

Well it seems so. So its RIAJ gold? haha. This is directly From the google translate :

Kara has recently entered Japan Korea Korean singers first album set a record breaking 10 million copies sold.

3일 카라의 일본 내 음반 유통을 맞고 있는 유니버셜재팬 관계자에 따르면 카라가 지난 9월말 발매한 한국어 베스트 앨범이 10만장을 넘는 판매고를 올렸다. Kara 3 days now in circulation in Japan Universal Music Japan, according to officials released the end of the last 9 Kara Korean Best album has sold over 10 million copies.

현재 카라의 베스트앨범은 오리콘 차트에서 총 판매량이 9만장으로 집계됐다. Kara's best album here in the Oricon chart, with total sales totaled 9 million. 하지만 오리콘 차트에 반영되지 않는 판매량도 적지 않아 일본 레코드 협회가 집계하는 실 판매량은 10만장을 훌쩍 넘겼다는 설명. But sales have not reflected on the Oricon chart is not quite the real sales figures compiled by the Recording Industry Association of Japan, which swept 10 million handed over to the description. 한국어 앨범으로 10만장 판매 돌파 기록은 90년대 이후 일본에 진출한 한국 가수 최초의 성적이다. Korean album sales reached record 10 million copies in Japan since the 90s, entered the South Korea is the singer's first score.

I think the million refers to 10,000.

idk why 万/maan is translated as million on google translate, it has always meant 10k - which is how money and other things are counted in in asia (so "ten 10k" = 100k). Like how in English, thousands and million is used as the "base" (you say ten thousand, hundred thousand, one million etc).

KARA broke another record, this one is a record that not even in korean band has done(I don't think so). They have got gold on a cd that all the song are in korean, they amazing. Shipping 100K, hopefully they can get another gold but this time for sells over 100K. And then jumping would hit 100K. They should be the first korean group to ever get gold on a cd that all the song are in korean. Cong to our girls, and hopefully get another gold for get 100K in sells

Woah so Best Album has hit the 100k mark for shipping? AWESOME! Another record and achievement by our girls! Not to mention that Best Album is 100% Korean! Woooooo awesome awesome!

I can't wait to see Best Album hit 100k in sales.

We shall all have a party!

...In addition to the other parties for other achievements by Jumping or Girls Talk :D