[2010.09.29] Japanese 1st Album [KARA BEST 2007-2010]

xichigo

I'm hoping that this album does good like the Mister album. Someone said that singles sell more than albums but I hope Kara's best album sells about the same as the mister single xDD I'm sure kara has about 10k fans by now... and like 4k really big fans. not sure about hardcore fans. all i can name is hitori, that girl and that dude.

-19 more days until release-

btw, I'm just sayin this, im not sure if it's my bias getting in the way. but I think Kara helped indirectly promote snsd more than snsd is indirectly promoting Kara, just saying...... kara gets some credit too. x3

hmm, how did this whole japanese wave start anyways....

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have high hopes for this greatest hits album 8D Singles almost always outsell albums, but not always. For example, Namie Amuro's albums sell more than her singles do, and the same goes for Ayumi Hamasaki, Nishino Kana, etc.

Thanks stevenstanley for making that chart!

that girl and that dude

Who's that girl and that dude? XD

I agree with what Neris said though. Kara and SNSD are cross-promoting each other. I think they're being promoted under the huge umbrella of "Korean Girl Groups." Kara DOES have more exposure than SNSD does in Japan, so yes in a way Kara might be helping SNSD to sell their debut single. Not to a very large extent, though.

haha, think i know that dude but that girl? hmm.. let me think.. not sure if that dude is the one who appeared everywhere with kara in japan but he was being mentioned few times in hara iy (or spazz) thread. lol. can't remember what we named him, though.

album (best) to outsell single (mister), there will be a magnificant achievement. so the actual figures won't be known until/near official release?

I'm curious how umj will promote this. :whistling: I mean they can't use the same tactics again. I mean, they need to upgrade it. And they can't really go on music shows.. since the songs are in korean.. weee!! so exciting hehe.

oh and the girl and the guy both appeared on that show that talked about kpop groups. Both of them were also at the airport when Hara arrived. I can't describe the girl that well but the dude is the one with no eyebrows and doesn't look like he would like girls that sang "Honey""Pretty Girls" and "Rock U" xD lol, but he's a good fan and I accept him for that, heehee :P

^lol @ the way you describe the dude. yup, we haraholics think he's called "jacky".

i'm also interested in how korean artists promote their repackaged albums (korean songs) in japan. maybe some tv interviews & of course the trucks. hahah.

yeah I am also curious how umj is going to promote this album, I mean you made it big for KARA debut. How big can you go after then whole debut with KARA thing. And beside umj has bb in the company to, but they don't promote bb well. But since I think KARA has so much success in japan, umj is going to promote KARA well. They have to pomote almost exactly same ways they did for KARA debut single. I mean a lot of japanese ppl probably know KARA now, so they would have to promote them really well. Image this cd sell more than mister, they hard to believe. Since mister sells over 60K in 5 weeks, How much more can KARA sels, maybe 100K for this album. If KARA sells more than mister it would have to be like around 70-80-90-100K. Can you image if KARA sold that much for this album, they be so recognize in japan. Plus they be one of the most popular korean idol group to sells over 100K in the short time span. Plus I hoping that when they release this cd, it would be consitent on the chart and sells, like how mister is. Maybe it reaching number 1 or number 2 is good.

who release an album when KARA is release their, is their a big name star. If there is, then KARA may rank the same as mister or higher, which is good. If there is not then KARA may get number one, big accomplishment

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

^ LOL in all honesty, i rly dont think that this album would sell 100k or reach #1 or #2. like everyone else says, most artists have stronger sales for their singles, as compared to albums. yes we're hoping that kara would be one of the few exceptions, but realistically speaking, ur expectations are way too high. for their 2nd single, maybe, but not for this BEST OF album.

but then again, if kara proves me wrong, i shall be jumping for joy :thumbup:

100k maybe too much... at least for now. :P I'm going to conservatively predict a first day sale of 20k and a total sale of 50k.

I'm curious how umj will promote this. :whistling: I mean they can't use the same tactics again. I mean, they need to upgrade it. And they can't really go on music shows.. since the songs are in korean.. weee!! so exciting hehe.

Yeah I'm wondering how the promotional activity for this album will go XD Maybe just CFs being shown on TVs and billboards and posters around the country?

I was reading some comments on HMV JP and some fans are disappointed that OST/other songs, like "Stars falling from the sky" and "We're With You" aren't included. I'm totally with them ): This would've been a great opportunity to gather those loose songs and put them in one album, unless DSP is planning on putting those on their future Korean albums.

Since It seems that the song will probably be in korean...It will be quite hard to promote this Best Album as a real japanese album. Going on music show won't be impossible I think, so I guess UMJ only plane to promote it via posters and maybe some sign meetings.

well i don't think they will but i'm looking towards their appearance in tv doing casual talks & have fun. umj should build on the promising mister sales & best preorders to remind the japanese kara is coming back soon with the 2nd single. i don't want kara fame to be subdued so fast under another group.

I don't think the girls are going to promote this album,one it in korean, and two they would be busy with their korean album. So I think just posters and maybe the bus, maybe kara wouldn't be on there, and maybe the big tv screen. Before seungyeon injury, I was think that their korean comeback was in october, and when kara second single was going to be release 9-10, that KARA was just going to promote the single, but not the album because of their comeback. I guess they wouldn't promote for this album, but when the next single come out, I think they are going to promote that.

I read some comments on the HMV online store and some Japanese people were saying they would rather liked it if songs like "We're With You" or KARA's OST songs were included instead of some of the songs they already have.

Also one person said if there were any new releases of KARA4, which we of course know is not gunna happen. Or I think they wanted more of KARA4 songs. At least they know KARA started off with 4 ^_^

I read some comments on the HMV online store and some Japanese people were saying they would rather liked it if songs like "We're With You" or KARA's OST songs were included instead of some of the songs they already have.

I totally understand them ! All the songs in this album can be found in previous albums and since most japanese fans probably have bought them or the Full Box, It would be better if UMJ put instead some OST and We're With You since these songs are not on their previous albums. It would also be great if they include more songs from KARA 4...at least songs they have promoted like If U Wanna or Secret World !

Edited by Solin

^I'm totally with you guys there ): My ideal tracklist would probably be something like:

1. Break It

2. If U Wanna

3. Secret World

4. Rock U

5. Good Day Season 2

6. Pretty Girl

7. Honey

8. I am (ing)

9. Mr.

10. Wanna

11. Magic

12. AHA

13. Lupin

14. Stars falling from the sky

15. Love is Fire

16. We're With You

ahh c'mon If U Wanna didn't make the cut!

2 of my favorite track from First Blooming didn't make it :(

my tracklist would prolly be like this.

1. If U Wanna

2. I'll Be There

3. Break It

4. Rock U

5. Good Day Season 2

6. I Am (..Ing)

7. Pretty Girl

8. Honey

9. Mr.

10. Let It Go

11. Magic

12. Wanna

13. Lupin

14. Lonely

15. Love Is Fire

16. Stars Falling From The Sky

i have similar tracklist as Inin :)

^

haha belated wish list but i'm surprised you didn't include 2me.

actually umj should introduce "new" songs to the japanese, rather than "best".

so how about baby boy from lesmore cf?

btw guys, what was the song used in d'maris cf? i like it too. heheh.

I am not sure whether its me that never really remember the track names. What is Love Is Fire

and Stars Falling From The Sky btw?

So this album is fully in Korean?

I just listened to the song 2me yesterday. It is instantly on my favourite list. I like the distinctive separation of the girls voices.

Edited by Palaverist

I would love star falling from the sky, and the 2me song on the album. I think this album is going to be in korean. but after this album and i think everything lke their single and album are just going to be in japanese. like come up with a brand new japanese song for their single, and have a japanese album. I think it would sell more, if KARA release new song in japanese. It work for the other korean idol group, beside the girls always have a good grasp on japanese.

Does anyone know who release a album when KARA is release their. Maybe this album can sell 30-40K first week, since people now know KARA.

Edited by kimngocnguyen06