[2010.09.29] Japanese 1st Album [KARA BEST 2007-2010]

xichigo

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The release of this is only slightly more than 2 weeks later, I'm so anticipating receiving this in my mail!

Already ordered a long time ago. Although the songs are all songs I already have the CD's to, It's going to be worth the DVD and poster - really wanna watch the handshake event that all of us international fans couldn't go to despite having bought the single :D

I feel that UMJ is doing an excellent job with regards to timing of KARA's and their other label Korean girl groups releases. 2 weeks later, and the Genie buying should have died down a little already, paving the way for this to come up on the album charts (although this will be on a different chart being an album instead of single).

[wahhhh, haven't posted in awhile. school just started :((]

Copyright of both 2me and we're with u may NOT be owned by DSP, therefore they are not included in this BEST album. :unsure:

I think that We're With You was made my their manager? Someone that they worked with x3 i think his name was pd jaeho?

not sure about 2me.

___

Anyways I think the tracklist is okay ^_^ But I kindof agree that they should have put "Stars Falling From the Sky(?)" that song is really cute.

if you don't follow karaholic: ""카라 日 베스트 앨범 온라인 예약 판매 순위 1위를 차지했다"Kara Jpn BestAlbum online reservation sales ranked #1" -translated by aank1

I dunno if they're talking about the tower records thingy. Anyone tell me which chart they were #1? x3

anyways, don't really have time to make caps but,

tower records pre-order ranking:

09.09.10: went down to #4

09.10.10: went down to #6

09.11.10: went all the wayy up to #1 [woot!!]

09.12.10: refuses to leave the top spot and stays at #1 [heck yeah!!!]

09.13.10: goes down to #4

09.14.10: stays at #4

wahhh, hope this is a good sign :lol:

hope it sells 30k for the first week.... expectation might be a little big. but, you never know.... i wanna have facts to back this up. but i don't xD just a feeling xD lame huh. x33

[wahhhh, haven't posted in awhile. school just started :((]

I think that We're With You was made my their manager? Someone that they worked with x3 i think his name was pd jaeho?

not sure about 2me.

___

Anyways I think the tracklist is okay ^_^ But I kindof agree that they should have put "Stars Falling From the Sky(?)" that song is really cute.

We're with u was made for samsung PAVV 3D TV promotion, I think it is owned by samsung. :thumbup:

^ you're probably right but my logic is Mister sold about 60k. So that means probably more than 50k people know them(i know sounds ridiculous xD) i mean even if singles sell better in japan I still think it will sell good since it's a kara release. if it was like kara vacation(a collectors item) then it'll probably not sell much. that's how i see it xD but I'm probably making excuses and trying to make sense xD

just want to believe in kara a little more x3

We're with u was made for samsung PAVV 3D TV promotion, I think it is owned by samsung. :thumbup:

actually We're With You was made for the World Cup hence SBS used it for their Campaign.. and KBS banned the song. :) since it was used by SBS.

i think Samsung bought/used the song? lol

some artists have higher album sales than single sales when it comes to JPOP. that is because these kinds of artists does not really make singles on a regular basis than other music acts like some rock bands, some of them are already known and established and make more profits on concerts and tours and other promotion stuff,some are soooo passionate that they spend YEARS making songs and making an album perfect than making one song at a time. it really depends on the people that buy their music, what is the better promotion for the artist, the contents on it and the most important is how popular you are. KARA being categorized as an IDOL in japan, like most idol groups there, albums are a hit or miss situation. TVXQ is a great example, their new album is no.1 in oricon but their earlier singles sell 999999x more. GReeeeN is an example where their albums sell more (2million copies)than the singles because the contents in their album is more richer. in the case for KARA, it is too early to make assumptions yet but i think it is safe to say that this album will do just fine. they are still "new" in japan and even if the album contents are not that OMGAWESOME you can never go wrong with a good promotion and a good impression on the japanese public

Edited by tomochan

they should post some pictures on buildings as well, just like what they did with Mister single..

That way not only passers in underground, but more people around the busy area will be aware of this release..

*edit: but from what i know, shinjuku is one of the busiest area in japan.. so, many people will notice it, and YAY for that!! :D

Edited by tjioesamuel

I don't think this release is going to get promoted much but i do hope I'm wrong :P

Just 10 more days before the release, for those of you intending to purchase this, let's save up/preorder! Hopefully this release will make a big impact on the Japanese charts once again and we can all saw that KARA have finally "arrived" in Japan :D

^ well, if UMJ decides that a cf is needed, they will most likely just flash their previous music videos, cos this best of album is just a compilation of their previous songs. but personally i think umj would just stick to posters and billboards and stuff like that.

beside pictures & posters, i'm hoping for tv talk appearances since it'll leave a deeper impression into the japanese general public, and hence benefit both best album & jumping single in long term.

but then again wheres the deeper impression if they showed up 4 members out of 5 since Hammie is gonna be recovering.

i think posters and billboards are good enough.. for this promotion.

^

hmm.. what's the best way of convincing japanese hearts other than speaking their language? i meant obviously posters & stuffs don't speak. tv talks can reveal the other fact too that the girls are serious on working hard on their language. if ham could do it alone, why not the 4?

^ its not about that.. i doubt UMJ would let them go on a TV Show with just 4 if it was Korea then yeah. they are fairly new to Japan.. if one is missing ppl might not get to know that 1 person. so you end up one trailing back if you know what i mean?

which is better you think KARA promoting as a whole or KARA promoting with missing one?

well, language wise i bet people/Kamilia in Japan already knows that our girls speak good Japanese since they've been on talk shows for their Mister Promotion..i think the best way to convince Japanese people is to let KARA just be KARA. :)

^

hmm.. what's the best way of convincing japanese hearts other than speaking their language? i meant obviously posters & stuffs don't speak. tv talks can reveal the other fact too that the girls are serious on working hard on their language. if ham could do it alone, why not the 4?

hmmm why not let the 4 promote? I remember, the Wonder Girls lost Sunmi and JYP said that they had to add another girl (LIM) because promoting with 4 members will hurt their overall promos. Like KARA (new in JAPAN), WG are just starting in the U.S, promotions must be consistent. People who don't know them and will see that they are only 4 will think, "I thought they are 5?" Something like that.

^ Hmmmm.... The album release is just 7 days away (YAY~~!!!!!) so by this time not hearing any news, it probably means this album is not going to be personally promoted. By personally I mean the girls are not going to be going on any Japanese shows or anything. There'll still be posters/billboards etc. for these though.

It does make sense really as I don't think BEST OF albums such as these are often promoted much. But I don't see a problem with having low sales as far as I can see on things like the Tower Records preorder charts and stocks numbers on sites like CDJapan.

Start the countdown people! Just 7 more days. I'm really excited to be receiving my disks and the poster soon :thumbup: