[2010.09.29] Japanese 1st Album [KARA BEST 2007-2010]

xichigo

^ This will be competing on a whole different chart as it's an album, not a single.

And a quick search on Oricon for album releases next week did not throw up many of note (at least in my limited knowledge) except maybe AAA.

Album releases for next week (classified as Jpop):

http://www.oricon.co.jp/music/release/A/1/jp/

Album Daily:

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/

Album Weekly:

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/w/

Actually if you look at the links given here for the charts, you'll notice a pattern :D. For example singles weekly will be like this:

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/w/

Useful for those who don't read Japanese but still wanna look at the charts :D

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^AAA is releasing a DVD, not a CD. If they were releasing an album I would be going crazy right now hahaha. AAA <3 And yes I'm aware that it's going to be on the album chart not the single chart lol.

Here's the ninki prediction page for album release: http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/na/

Still waiting for it to update its predictions on the releases coming on 9/29.

^AAA is releasing a DVD, not a CD. If they were releasing an album I would be going crazy right now hahaha. AAA <3 And yes I'm aware that it's going to be on the album chart not the single chart lol.

As always, statements are made for the benefit of the less well-informed... Of course the "experts" are going to be aware of these facts :D

Hmm it was listed on the releases list for "A" (albums) so I assumed it was an album.

But excluding AAA, are the other acts releasing any major players? I have limited knowledge of Jpop world. I don't really see the value of comparing with the competition though as I think BEST OF will do well in its own right, but curiousity is always pulling me....to the dark side lol.

I think even if this cd is not going to be promotion much, the magazine that KARA are feature in, would help the sells. Plus if you put like an billboard and poster around the place, I think it would defintely help. You don't have to have them come on show to do that, and you can do a interview, so seungyeon can just sit down, and they can do the interview. Hopefully this cd make it in the top 10, and the next single hopefully number one. I have feeling that this cd is not going to hit number one, maybe lucky number 5 again. Maybe jumping single would be KARA number one. Is it wrong for me to hope that KARA is the first foreign girl group to hit number one on oricon chart.

I can't tell who release an album the same time as KARA, is there a big number star release an album. I saw AAA but they say it a dvd not a cd.

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

As always, statements are made for the benefit of the less well-informed... Of course the "experts" are going to be aware of these facts :D

Oh haha I thought you were replying to my post with the "^". My bad~

After schoolwork gets a bit lighter I'll make an Oricon info thread with all the links and whatnot so people won't have to go through the trouble of finding links, especially for those who aren't familiar with Japanese.

@stevenstanley - I'm not sure @_@ Just keep checking the link each day?

^ Actually I was replying to you, but statement was made for general viewing as I'm sure not everyone knows about the different Oricon charts and nobody stated it too :P It's not really important though as long as we all know now :D

Also, I'm checking everyday already!!!! Hehe I'm quite excited and counting down the days to the album release now. Making a thread about Oricon info would be good :D

OH MY. KARA's ninki for next week is #2 with 50.9K sold. :o :o :o

2 50.90 KARA KARA BEST 2007-2010 09/29

I mean ninki can always be off but omg that's such a huge number predicted for first week. :o

You can see the other predictions for album releases here: http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/na/

Edited by leftys_rock

The NINKI ratings are the results of a poll conducted by Oricon indicating interest in an upcoming release.

They are NOT an indication of how it will perform in terms of chart positioning and total sales for the week.

But, it does give a strong prediction about where the single/album will place in terms of popularity amongst the Japanese public.

50.90 doesn't mean they will sell 50k, maybe more or lest but for ninki to predict such a higher number is a good sign :w00t:

I'll just put the ninki rating here

Albums

1. 77.20 JUJU Request

2. 50.90 KARA KARA BEST 2007-2010

3. 34.10 globe 15YEARS -BEST HIT SELECTION-

4. 31.80 福耳 HOME~山崎まさよしトリビュート~

5. 27.70 WEAVER 新世界创造记・后编

6. 26.30 佐野元春 ベリー・ベスト・オブ・佐野元春「ソウルボーイへの伝言」

7. 24.60 稲垣润一 男と女3

8. 21.30 Base Ball Bear DETECTIVE BOYS

8. 20.70 Base Ball Bear CYPRESS GIRLS

10. 19.80 MEG BEST FLIGHT

I thought globe would be a lot stronger than that, it's a best album of their 15 yrs career :confused1:

I kinda hope KARA BEST could outsell JUJU's :sweatdrop:

Oricon Ninki rankings do not reflect the amount of sales or placement of a single/album. It's actually just a poll conducted upon Oricon subscribers about popularity.. I think.

Like, 4Minute got ~22 on the Ninki rankings and only sold like 4.5k copies. (I remember because of all the arama trolls back then) But sometimes groups like Arashi who score like 400-500 Ninki points sell way over 500k copies. We'll wait and see [and pray]. :]

My first post in this thread (I believe) , I can't wait for this to be released although I am a bit disappointed that the songs aren't in japanese. I would love to hear a japanese ver of "I am"(I love this song so much). I also wish to hear Lupin in japanese, break it in japanese will be awesome as well. "If u wanna" will totally fit in japanese. In conclusion I want to hear all Kara songs in Japanese(I love the ori ver song but want to hear both. :L)

I don't think this album will reach to Ninki's prediction, cos it is too difficult to reach 50K in first week, but I'm sure Kara will reach 50K barrier after couple of weeks. Maybe like Mister but better. I'm sure why, but I don't have high hopes for this album because most of the songs are in Korea and they aren't new songs, but I believe it is new to most Japanese fans who had just became Kamilia so maybe the sales will be great and the album will be loved by many. Let's just hope for the best.

Well as always, we're hoping for KARA to live up to the ninki predictions. What's the best way to help that happen? Well, you can help make it happen by buying the album of course!

For all of you who are able, do make sure you buy the album and show your support. Places you can buy online from are stated on the first post :D

Wow that ninki is really high, I don't know if I can believe that. It not say that I don't like KARA is just a little high. Sell 50K in the first week, I would of predication maybe 30-40K first week, but not 50K. I mean of course I hoping that KARA first week sells would be 50K, but I still think it a little high. Maybe 30-40K I can believe but 50K it a litte hard to believe. But you never know this KARA here, they manage to outshine all of our predication for mister. Number 2 on the oricon chart, I would be happy with that, of course wish it was number 1, but number 2 is really good. I think I can believe KARA could hit number 2 on the oricon chart, I feel like it possible, bb hit numbeer 2 on the chart, so I don't see why not KARA to. But the 50K first week is a little hard for me to believe, I love KARA but 50k first week it hard to do, even bb hasn't sold over 50K first week, and SNSD hasn't done that either. It took dbsk a long time to hit over 50K to. So just the 1 album and they would sell 50K first week. It a very high predication, but I still hoping KARA does number 2 on the chart and sell 50K first week. Maybe they can sell 100K overall, since this album could be good for the japanese and koreans fans to.

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

^

wow..I took a long time to understand your post there..

but you give some good points.. :sweatdrop:

although maybe it's sound really hard and we can't rely in this prediction too much,

but i'm sure our lovely Kara will give some pleasant surprise to us..

don't overestimate the power of japanese kamilia lol~~ :tongue:

^ whoopee! I was waiting for someone to make their prediction first so im not alone x33

anyways, for first day sales, i think I agree with you. 20k ^-^ But I predict a little over 40k in the first week.. :whistling: i know it's a lot but mister was able to sell 70k so i think the best album sales would be pretty good. i think the worst that can happen is 30k in the first week...

As for the rank(which some people just look at and not the sale numbers) I think the #2 prediction from ninki would be correct. oh how it would be great if kara got #1 on the album chart..

anywayz, kara preorder ranking..

i think they're been up there for like 3 weeks x3 this affects the weekly chart and not the daily chart right??

i'll just update from where i last stopped x3

2010/09/15 - 09/17: 3 days staying on #4

2010/09/18 - 09/20: some odd reason went back up to #2 and stayed there for 3 days[probably no new releases??]

2010/09/21: new releases come out and kara goes down to #6

2010/09/22: kara goes missing :o [i saw 2pm and big bang up there though x3]

2010/09/23: kara finds there way back to #9

hmmm, maybe umj's promotions helped them stay up there for awhile ^-^