[2008.12.10] Kara's "Uncle Kim Gookjin 'Yeah Yeah' Dance Weapon"

tinggg

Kara's "Uncle Kim Gookjin 'Yeah Yeah' Dance Weapon"

5-member girl group Kara has armed themselves with gag man Kim Gookjin's "Yeah Yeah" dance to meet their fans.

Last week they began promoting their second mini album's current title track, "Pretty Girl."

Kara's 2nd mini album's "Pretty Girl" has a light-hearted Christmas feeling, and the song "Honey's" popularity has been increasing rapidly online, and the offline record sales have also had a strong showing. On the 10th, Music Sale Search Chart, Hanteo Chart's daytime chart (December 3-9)'s Top 10 saw their album gradually rising within the rankings.

Kara's increase in popularity began with the summer's first mini album "Rock U," and through their down to earth and cute, colorful confidence, they have grabbed the public's awareness and caused their own craze. In "Pretty Girl" they also wore pink clothing and bright accessories to show their cuteness with pride.

During the song they even do Kim Gookjin's so-called "Yeah Yeah Dance," which has brought many smiles to fans. "Pretty Girl" uses the move from Kim Gookjin's MBC "Golden Fishery," in which everytime he's feeling happy he would raise both his arms to the sky and shout "Yeah Yeah" while shaking his upper body left and right.

cool.gif

Recently on Money Today's Star News Interview with Kara, they said "we're dancing the "Yeah Yeah Dance" to be like Kim Gookjin Ahjuhssi's "Yeah Yeah Dance" since the dance is easy to do and the lyrics are easy as well." "So we hope many people will like it," they laughed.

"It's not just Kim Gookjin Ahjuhssi's dance, you can also see the expression-filled Kang Hodong Ahjuhssi's 'I like it dance,'" they said with a smile.

Link: http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.p...1&outlink=1

tip off: mae

translated by: tinggg (take out with full credit)

do not add in or remove credits.

haha! so that's where the dance is inspired from eh?

expression-filled Kang Hodong Ahjuhssi's 'I like it dance,'" they said with a smile.

^

this part is funny! haha!! im gonna keep a look out for that. :D

through their down to earth and cute, colorful confidence, they have grabbed the public's awareness and caused their own craze.

^

almost every article are saying about the same thing no? that the girls are showing themselves on stage and that attracted more people.

thanks ting cubed and mae!

^^ ahaha thanks tinGGG!

oh no wonder, it's such a funny move, it's intentional lol

but i think it puts another dimension to the dance/song and KARA like they are able to put a funny move in there too :D and they aren't afraid to be dorky :D

yea so now i also look forward to fans doing that uncle move lol

haha it's cool to know where their inspiration came from for this part of the dance

and it does fit with the song and it's memorable...

whenever you hear the "yeah yeah yeah" part you'll always think of the dance

they should promote two songs from this mini album!

next should be Honey since it's so popular

thanks ting and mae =]

that dance part is really lol.. hehe

love it :D xD

They "yeah yeah yeah" dance is so funny when the audience does it too.

I never knew they got the dance moves from elsewhere. That's very interesting

to know. Are they going to promote Honey next? I'm excited to see what they have

in store for us this time around.

Thanks for the article!! <3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...