[2010.08.23] Kara's Gyuri was shockingly surprised to see Japan reaction.

aank1

Girl Group Kara's Leader Park Gyuri revealed her after promotions feelings. They just came back from Japan for their debut single release promotion from 8 August onwards for 8 days and 7 nights. On 19 August at one broadcaster waiting room they were asked several questions about their promotions in Japan.

Park Gyuri said,"I thought it was a joke when I first heard about us at Oricon Weekly Chart. Actually even now I(we) still cannot believe it. We are not even Japanese group but yet we are able to receive such love which also worries us at the same time. Of course we are happy and proud. However, just like how we're so shocked at the same time we are confused too.

Gyuri responded to questions asked about their popularity in Japan. She said, "Rather than expressing how we felt, it seems like we are more of shocked and surprised." When asked about factors that make them so well received and popular in Japan, Gyuri said " Many said that they can't find any other groups that look like us. We've also heard people like us because they feel like we are just like their sisters or friends next door. Looks like we have to work harder to show our very best and prettily no matter which stage performance we are in. Gyuri added, "We are glad and happy to have fans from another(foreign) place to love us but we have yet to work even harder just as much as how much we are being loved. We will do our very best and definitely will not let down both our Korean and Japanese fans for our upcoming album in September."

Kara's single debut in Japan "Mister" was ranked at #5 on Oricon weekly chart(Based on 17 August). Kara is the first foreign girl group to be on Oricon weekly Chart top 5 with their debut single.

Thanks anne for the tip

Source: Hankooki

Translated by aank1 @karaholic.com

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many said that they can't find any other groups that look like us. We've also heard people like us because they feel like we are just like their sisters or friends next door

i was like...'wow' hahaha

everyone was shocked by their debut, it was a super massive successful debut! :D

wohooo banzaaiii!!

29k is REALLY great tho!!

We will do our very best and definitely will not let down both our Korean and Japanese fans for our upcoming album on September.

wohooo a mini and sec single! HWAITING KARA JJANG

Yeah Kara stands out beautifully and uniquely :D That was one reason why I fell in love with Kara

in 2007. I mean, they do love the butt dance too. I myself was also shocked when I heard Kara doing

so well in Japan. I hope their popularity and love continues to grow more in the future!

^That is very true^^

Lolololol many people were so surprised at how everything went in Japan. DSP was surprised, some fans were surprised and even Gyuri was surprised. Definitely surpassed our expectations. It shows how awesome Kara is. They work very hard and they're truly deserving of these successes!

I can't wait for the Second Single and the Korean comeback. I'm sure Kamilias won't be disappointed.

Kara <333333333

Thanks for sharing!

I think we were all (DSP, KARA and fans) surprised by this success in Japan

I just wanted the girls to do well and never expected that Japan would love them that much

KARA have gone through so many things and they become stronger with time

Awwwww, Gyuri, so cute! The best (and lovely) leader in the world <3

I'm really happy for you, girls <3

Many said that they can't find any other groups that look like us.

I agree, of course. I'm a proud kamilia because KARA have awesome style, charms and souls <3

I think everyone was surprised by the amount of success they had in Japan. DSP was surprised, we were surprised... and KARA was surprised. haha. They kept exceeding expectations! How awesome. <3 AHH! September is going to be such an exciting month. Can't wait!

" Many said that they can't find any other groups that look like us.".............soooooooo TRUE!!...gyuri is the best leader ever...kara jjang..