[2008.12.10] The reason for Kara's zooming popularity? "No pretty facade!"

tinggg

200812101217381002_1.jpg
200812101217381002_2.jpg

The reason for Kara's zooming popularity? "No pretty facade!"

Girl Group Kara's "Undecorated" charm has captivated the hearts of many male fans.

With the reinforcement of the summer's new members Koo Hara and Kang Jiyoung, Park Gyuri, Han Seungyeon, Jung Nicole, Koo Hara and Kang Jiyoung-Kara was reborn with their first mini album "Rock U" and without pause they released their 2nd mini album "Pretty Girl" on the 4th. After finishing Mnet's "M! Countdown" Comeback performance on the 4th, they continued with KBS 2TV's "Music Bank" on the 5th, and MBC's "Music Core" on the 6th to kick off their promotions.

With this comeback, Kara has been 1st on the search sites daily. They've challenged the industry by being on many music sites and showing great record sales. Koo Hara's incident on Music Bank also caused quite a stir.

So what's the reason this album is enjoying such popularity? There didn't seem to be an attempt at a transformation in the new album. Most groups would usually try a different "Pretty facade, handsome facade" that Kara did not do. Thus they gave to the public a down to earth feeling.

Kara's 2nd mini album jacket can confirm this. The jacket pictures have the girls with their natural look that has captured the attention of fans. Other groups put behind the natural image and go with a "strong facial attraction" feeling instead. And they'll usually use the mysterious beauty strategy during their everyday lives.

They bear a close resemblance to being the present generation's Fin.K.L. Fin.K.L was able to soar in popularity against rival S.E.S which debuted before them, due to their natural beauty, which has made them the legends they are still today.

Moreover through Fin.K.L's agency, DSP Entertainment, Kara debuted as the "2nd Fin.K.L" to point out the vision they wanted to create.

"We want to show the natural appeal of what a teenage girl is made of," said DSP. "We don't like for the members to have some sort of pretty facade. [The natural] image seems to be liked by the fans."

Link: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200812101217381002

tip off: mae
translated by: tinggg (take out with full credit)
do not add in or remove credits.

out of the 3 articles, i like this one the most. haha!

Kara's 2nd mini album jacket can confirm this. The jacket pictures have the girls with their natural look that has captured the attention of fans. Other groups put behind the natural image and go with a "strong facial attraction" feeling instead. And they'll usually use the mysterious beauty strategy during their everyday lives.

^

this part especially. :D

its really REALLY nice that they are getting good reviews and feedbacks.

staying true to themselves.

thanks tinggg and me! woooots!!

^^ whoo hoo!! tinGGG!! you are awesome :D

mm hmm i absolutely love that DSP didn't go with a gimmick. i mean how long does that last?

yup i think the girls are more relatable this way.. they aren't like something you can't touch :D

normal everyday girls can see themselves in KARA too :D

the girls are representing good self esteem and how it's okay to be yourself haha

i'm really proud though that they can be really good role models as well :D

it's also nice that the fanboys appreciate this naturalness :D

yay so much news!

the girls really are getting a lot of attention =]

a lot of the articles talk about the album jacket...

i really like the album jacket pictures cuz it really looks like they're having fun

and you can tell their personalities are really showing

now people can't say the girl's are copying anyone

it says so in all the articles that they're going for the natural image

not the cute image!

thanks ting and mae =]

ehehe today was filled with Kara news and goodies,

thank you so much ting for your prompt translations... always so fast :)

i agree with anne, out of all the articles today, i liked this one the most

and thanks to mae for finding the article :D

Other groups put behind the natural image and go with a "strong facial attraction" feeling instead.

I agree : )) But Kara has not joined the usual bandwagon, instead created their own. Though I hope in the long run they won't stick to the "2nd Fin.K.L." label anymore, because really, Kara deserves to be known as ...well... Kara. : )) I'm so glad they're getting the publicity they deserve (which means good news for Karaholic as well, hihi) xD

Kara hwaiting! <333

^___^ i'm soo happy with articles coming out about them everyday!!

yes that is also what i love about them

they are very natural in everything

just look at their smile and even in the MV they are doing wat they wanted to and not plan out

it's just different.. there is no pose and take the pic but just smile girls and take the pic like wat we would do ^__^

"We want to show the natural appeal of what a teenage girl is made of," said DSP. "We don't like for the members to have some sort of pretty facade. [The natural] image seems to be liked by the fans."

Oh yay! I like this too. And it's a good thing that they will go with the natural thing. ♥ They look great just like how they are.

Thanks~

I'm not sure what they mean by 'strong facial attraction' and 'pretty facade'? Do they mean groups who look typically "beautiful" or "unreachable"?

Either way, I love these articles! It's very true, Kara's always had this fresh, girl-next-door quality to themselves that I've always loved :D. I mean, while they're obviously pretty, they look like you could casually talk and hang out w/ them. I've seen those Kamilia fanmeeting pics where they were surrounded by the crowd. It's true :o

I really love the album pictures!! So pretty!

^ frankly i wasn't sure how best to translate that part so i took it verbatim...but yeah that's what they're saying...that the other groups end up seeming so gorgeous and beautiful that they're like way up high and from another world or something...they're just saying with kara there doesn't seem to be a barrier between them and everyone else...that they're just very real girls haha...hope that helps :o

^ frankly i wasn't sure how best to translate that part so i took it verbatim...but yeah that's what they're saying...that the other groups end up seeming so gorgeous and beautiful that they're like way up high and from another world or something...they're just saying with kara there doesn't seem to be a barrier between them and everyone else...that they're just very real girls haha...hope that helps :)

Ahh, I see, I get what you were saying--I was assuming that's what the article meant. Thanks! ;)

The girls sure are down to earth. I'm glad people can see that and hope they eventually win the mutizen award~~or any other award!

Thank you for the translations Tinggg onni...

Such a very nice article...XD

Indeed Kara is showing their natural beauty and fresh image...Wohoo

Its nice people are noticing them so well now...

Always on the search engine, gaining more attention and love...

I hope this continues and hope more people see Kara's charms and send them their love and support...XD

Yes It is so true that KARA members are naturally pretty and down to earth

fresh, lively and pretty girls !

It is great to see many news about them now !

and we must also admit that this second mini-album is really good

the songs are just love !

Edited by Solin

well, I do agree.. I like Kara's natural image, I mean they don't usually act or be exaggerated or something about there image,. i'm so happy that people are starting to like them too...

thanks..