[2008.12.11] Pretty Girl: Kara's version of So Hot?

coffeebeanie

Pretty Girl: Kara's version of So Hot? The Princess Illness.

2008121115565910021hs9.jpg

2008121115565910022ca3.jpg

Girl group Kara is enjoying sensational popularity with the fans in their 10's through their newest single Pretty Girl.

The title song of their 2nd mini-album Pretty Girl, is all about the princess illness. The song is a cute and lively anthem for young girls to help them realize their value and for them to be able to walk confidently anywhere they may go.

The song is enjoying high popularity in various music charts. This is quite a big success as the song has been just released last week.

And its not only Kara. Girl groups singing about the princess illness, saying "I'm really pretty" seems to be the trend. This is specially true among the younger generation, from 10-20 years old, who are in that stage where they are most conscious about their outer appearances.

Another song of this kind is So Hot by the Wonder Girls. With lines such as "Why did mom give birth to me this way" and "I'm too pretty" sung by 5 young girls captured the heart of many fan boys. This may seem stuck up to some, but others fell in love with the song.

But of course, Kara's Pretty Girl and Wonder Girl's So Hot's contents are different. So Hot talks about being a princess from the day they were born, whereas Pretty Girl encourages girls to work hard and be determined to become a princess. One on hand, the major factor is the sexiness, while on the other hand, it is cuteness. And because of this, the song's feeling seems to be completely different from each other. But what is common in these 2 songs is the yearning of young girls everywhere to become pretty princesses.

DSP Entertainment explains that "The song is really not a copy of So Hot, and although some fans compare Pretty Girl to it, the genre and the feel of the two songs are really different."

"We just tried to convey the thoughts of the young girls nowadays and that is why it is enjoying much popularity. The same goes for So Hot - the songs are just reflections of the thoughts of young generation", they explained.

source: NEWS LINK thanks to mae!

translated by coffeebeanie@karaholic IF TAKING OUT, GIVE FULL CREDITS. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE

--

Just had to emphasize the part I liked best. As a fan of both groups, I'm really happy that they are enjoying whatever popularity they have now. Each girl really deserves it. And I hope all the bashing stops sometime soon. ;)

Edited by coffeebeanie

ooo another article translated.. aww ehehe you are very fast Tin :D

i really like the tone of the article,

Kara are really making a name for themselves with Pretty Girl, YAY :w00t:

hopefully more positive feedback and promo will continue.

hmm, i kind of think DSP does not really have to explain anything,

but oh well i guess if it helps stop the comparisons.

again, thank you so much for the prompt translation Tin :D

haha! Kara is having lots of young fans eh? :D but its good, i guess. lol.

pretty nice article, not a bad comparison. the writer weighs the differences and similarities well enough.

i always feel that Pretty Girl is a song made for Gyuri. haha! since she's always saying that she's pretty and all. :w00t: which of course, is the truth. lol.

its good that both groups are targeting to fans their age. :)

thanks again tin! and mae! woots! :D

Os many articles today! I'm happy, more more attention to the girls.

DSP didn't explain right, anyway... I like more Pretty Girl than So Hot. Because, I think the lyrics in So Hot are so shallow and Pretty Girl is about confidence. The girls need confidence and "Pretty Girl" is a charming song that estimulates this feeling.

Indeed so many articles about Kara these days...lol

Pretty girl is not only teling you that you are pretty but also tells us that we should have confidence in ourselves...XD

Believe in our own capabilities and keep working hard...

Just like our Kara...Wohooo

I hope they stop comparing because they are different from one another...lol

Thank you very much for the translations Tin onni ^^

at first glance, the title seems like our girls are copying wg lol

but yup, both songs send different messages :D..

it's interesting though how it says that the songs are just a reflection of today's youth.. hmm

something to think about :D but yea we are all self conscious especially around the teen years haha

i think KARA's idea of a "princess" is different also.. more like work hard, go to school, be happy :w00t:

thanks tin :)

ah great news !! ~

hehehe this makes me so happy .

im so happy for KARA

they deserve be more popular

im totally a fan of them in this moment

i really like their songs

and yay !

but with SO HOT !?

no way xD ~

totally different

I really hope Pretty girl can win some mutizens

the song has a very nice lyrics and cute dance xP

The only two things that are remotely similar in those two songs is the

words Pretty and Hot.

Pretty Girl and So Hot is two totally different song in tone and theme.

But I'm glad the article pointed out that those are two different songs,

some people can't tell the difference. So Hot's lyrics is more of the princess

syndrome than Pretty Girl, cause Pretty Girl is about all about building confidence.

Ask Gyuri, she would know. lol <3

Thanks for the article!

I like both of the songs and the groups but I agree with DSP... the songs just give the girls to have more confidence with themselves...

and I'm pretty much sure that teenagers love Kara's song...

anyways, thanks!

yay! so much kara news...

i like that this article is acknowledging the girls for sending a positive message through Pretty Girl

and i also like that the article cleared up the differences between So Hot and Pretty Girl

i like both Kara and WG... so if fans have to compare Pretty Girl and So Hot...

they should talk about the success of both songs

and how addictive both of the songs are

other than that... the songs are completely different to me...

they both have different images as well...

thanks for translating tin =]

I like both song but preffer Pretty Girl

not because of KARA but because this song

learn us to have faith in what we are :

be confidence and workd hard !

And really I don't see any comon points between the two songs

except that it is a song sing by 5 girls and the words Pretty/Hot

Both songs are really different. I like both songs but I don't hink anyone should be comparing and judging these 2 groups if ever.

Pretty Girl is an awesome song really giving people confidence to those who are struggling with their outer appearance. Especially with the eating disorders happening people need to listen to Pretty Girl and be able to walk tall and proud that they were born.

Dudddeeee Pretty Girl and So Hot are completely different. I hate how they're always comparing Kara to Wondergirls because then it makes the Wondergirls fans mad because they think Kara's copying them...which they aren't. Kara is unique >=(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

ah great news !! ~

hehehe this makes me so happy .

im so happy for KARA

they deserve be more popular

im totally a fan of them in this moment

i really like their songs

and yay !

but with SO HOT !?

no way xD ~

totally different