[2010.11.17] Korean 4th Mini Album [Jumping]

red4summer

DSP is cheap. If you look at just about any other kpop video you can see higher production value for their PVs. Kara has made it with minimal expense by DSP, so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to go all out on Kara when they make it just fine. Korea right now is not their main market. They just need to keep themselves relevant mainly for CFs in Korea... but Japan is where the money is at. And UMJ is spending a lot of money promoting them but it's DSP job to produce them. Minimal effort is going to be spent in Korea.

I hope that they did change it up a bit for the Korean version... it will be so weird and disappointing seeing the same pv just in another language.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow so dsp just decided to bring back the release of the album 2 days?? seems strange to me :sweatdrop:

and as for dsp, im really, REALLY mad at them right now.

to begin with: who's earning the most income for you atm?? obviously: KARA!! and u still have the nerve to give them these cheap stuff!!! is it so hard to just spend a little more money on it??? omg dsp, you. are. impossible. in any case, i strongly suggest that you just watch ANY OTHER MV out there, and start coming to ur senses on what a real mv should look like :angry:

and gosh i know i should be chilling down, but OMG I AM JUST SO FIRED UP RIGHT NOW.

all i can hope is for the majority of the korean kamilias to be satisfied <_<

edit: oh lol, sorry nadia :sweatdrop:

c'mon it's only a teaser, i don't think DSP's that dumb to not spend their money for kara. lol. who knows? maybe they've spent lots of money on another MV? :w00t:

i mean i don't see that monochromic geometric on Jumping, so they might give us another MV for that *positive autosuggestion*

repeat: well i'll wait for the mv to be released first, if dsp still can't give us that monochromic, storyline, still being CHEAP, etc.

just prepare to hear my slangs

:whistling:

Edited by stevenstanley

*Changes topic*

Not sure if this is going to be the correct pre-order link as it says it'll come within seven days.

Yeah it should be the correct link. Lets start ordering their album. =D

Yesasia

So assuming it's the correct link, lets just support the girls buy ordering the album now and forgetting about a teaser.

Edited by Zero

uhm... I'm trying to cool down -_- and the more I think about this, I feel like as if DSP is playing a joke on us fans. or they lower our expectation on purpose and then just BAM, surprise us with an awesome MV (I hope)

Jing seems to be pretty excited about the release of Jumping in Korea. seeing the kid 'singing' 점핌정핌점핑~♬ on Twitter built up my hope again.

I'm crossing finger, waiting for the MV to come out, then I can happily click the Order button to buy their album :P

Well, the teaser was really disappointing.

Although DSP still needs to surprise us, there is that scene of SeungYeon crying and there is the new looks. If DSP wanted to save money, then they would have the same look as in the Japanese version so as someone have said before, the teaser may not appear in the real MV OR they'll do another MV for Burn that can make more sense with their looks.

I think we should just... ignore the teaser xDDD

@stevenstanley thanks for the pics!! They look so lovely!! :D

Edited by kurooha

I was a little disappointed with the teaser... but I am confident that the PV will be tons better! ^^ In fact, so what if DSP decides to cut down on the PV budget? Kara have always been economic idols; they can succeed purely with their charms and talents. The epicness and awesomeness of "Jumping" will not be compromised by a low-budget PV (hopefully that won't happen haha)

@stevenstanley That picture... Was that a time capsule?? Anyway, the girls look totally cute huddled together like that ^^

The teaser was not a teaser at all. I was not teased because I have seen like 99% of the stuff that they put in the teaser. DSP might as well post the japanese pv released by umj. I'm really disappointed by this. I was hoping that they go out a little bit more for the Korean fans, they were the one who brought kara to fame. If I was a Korean kamilia I would be really disappointed.

Wow, losing 2 cf endorsements? DSP what the hell are you doing to kara's korean career? And only 3 weeks for korean promos? What's the rush? First they give the Korean kamilias a Korean version of a Japanese song which was already released then a half baked teaser then only 3 weeks of Kara? That's just unfair. I feel so bad for Korean kamilias out there. They should have just waited for the japan promo to be over then proceed to korean in my opinion. The girls look really really tired.

I wish that the Korean promo could be like a month or a month and a half at least. But I wish that dsp just makes really bad teasers because the kara deserves a rockin mv.

lesmore & dmaris are gone case now? with offers from japan coming hot so probably because dsp has raised the endorsement fees? in anyway though doing well in japan, sound pretty bad in korea which is important too.

I think we may be thinking too much ? Although the MV quality is a bit disappointing, I feel that for DSP it had been so for a long time.

In fact thus far there wasn't any Kara MV that I liked except the Japanese Mister, which in all respect, was still not up to par with the best in the industry like 2ne1 and SNSD. Still , I liked the girls for who they are, their decent music and their stage performances.

I think their songs and their stage performance would play a more crucial factor for their success.

DSP T_T

Is there anyway that KAMILIAs can contact them and COMPLAIN?...the reason why KARA is called economic idols is because of DSP...Being economic idols is a nice way of saying that KARA is poor/cheap...whatever DSP does affects KARA's image!

It's one of the reasons why KARA has remained overshadowed by the other girl group...and probably the reason why they can't get a luxurious MOBILE PHONE commercial.

DSP acts like Koreans don't have INTERNET! It's obvious that KOREAN KAMILIAs have seen the JUMPING Japanese PV! That's why many are disappointed! What's with the awesome teaser photos, but same PV teaser!

I wish DSP would do the right thing for once! DSP is so annoying! They don't have even have a decent YT channel! :thumbdown:

Rather dissappointed in the teaser though.. DSP just make the teaser somehow the same as the Japanese PV teaser, making the sound different only. Just hope DSP would make something to make the Kamilias all hype up all again, plus KARA should deserve more than this, they're earning for them -.-

I have a feeling it'll be the same MV with slightly different scenes reversed here and there. I hope the 2nd song BURN would be great and maybe a MV would be created for it later on. Or maybe DSP is investing in another MV with a new song in the upcoming album.

I'm disappointed like the hundreds of comments above. Is DSPoor really that poor to produce a new MV for our girls? I'm hoping that the real MV is entirely different from the jap one, though i have a feeling i might be disappointed again. Just give me Seungyeon's crying scene and i'll be satisfied.

Honestly, I really want Jumpin' to bring KARA to a whole new level.. No economic idols anymore.

Edited by KeiRa01

okay so i was lying on my bed, trying to sleep but something just popped instead. :sweatdrop:

do you remember gyul herself said this a long time ago:

"It will be like the Japanese anime The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. In order to seize back lost time, we "Jump"! Such is the image we want to portray. Through the catchy rhythm, we hope to make this a spirit-lifting song."

we didn't see it in Jumping PV right? of course, that kind of statement must be either for a storyline MV or just to explain what the song is.

then i reread all the news..

The style of "Jumping" utilizes monochromic geometric patterns, showing KARA's mature image.

i repeat: The style of "Jumping" utilizes monochromic geometric patterns.

if dsp isn't bullshi :whistling: ing, this Jumping is going to use this monochromic geometric pattern. i know we didn't see it in teaser, but hey, don't you love surprise party?

The Japanese Jumping PV is more focused on the choreography whereas the Korean MV puts emphasis on the storyline, and fans have been eagerly anticipating Han Seungyeon's crying scene.