[2010.11.17] Korean 4th Mini Album [Jumping]

red4summer

i mostly agree with what KaraNice said except that the songs are really good.

it's just how DSP promotes it makes it worst.

i don't think it's about budget cuz KARA's been making bank for them and DSP being a small company is not the reason either look at Cube and whoever managed Girls Day and Sistar.. they have great MV's great teaser etc etc.

i think it's really time for DSP to let go with "WHAT WORKS LAST TIME WILL WORK THIS TIME" kinda mindset cuz that shiet doesn't work anymore. like i said with sooo many new songs coming out today.. what's good yesterday may mean nothing today.

sometimes i wonder how KARA became this big with such a crappy company. one of the millions of reason why I FREAKIN ADORE THE BEST NIKCUF FIVE :)

ANYWAYS 1 MORE DAY GUYS!!!!

Info:

KARA is currently 12 on K-Chart.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only fact DSP decided to use Jumping as the title track is a deception for korean fans I guess. Their mini-album have good songs and DSP could choose one among the others and give another MV...both Japan and Korea would be happy and excited.

I don't understand it because DSP has lot of money and isn't considered as a small company....moreover, even smaller companies do better than them it terms of promotion. DSP problem is that they are always behind the others while they need to create ! I'm excited about this comeback because I miss the girls but not as excited as I was for Lupin : the song is not new since it has been already promoted in Japan so there is no hype around it, the MV was so dissapointed and most of all the lyrics sound so weird in korean.

sometimes i wonder how KARA became this big with such a crappy company. one of the millions of reason why I FREAKIN ADORE THE BEST NIKCUF FIVE :)

Info:

KARA is currently 12 on K-Chart.

Haha me too. Anyway , i reckon this is something similar to the Wanna promotion last year. Still, once people start hearing the other songs, I'm confident things will pick up. The other songs are really good and catchy( I can keep on looping them, don't feel tired of it)

Its quite obvious at this stage their Japan promoters are doing a far better job than DSP.

But Let's not blame anybody now and look forward to their music. Since long ago, Kara always managed to get people to like them not because of the hype like other groups right? But because of their music and performances :thumbup: :thumbup:

im not saying that jumping's bad, but the korean version just sounds weird :sweatdrop:

in any case, i think dsp's main priority at the moment is just to keep kara familiar to the public - not so much increasing their fanbase. while k-kamilias will still try their best to keep kara up there, jumping wont gain kara a lot of new fans - just a few. all i can hope is that dsp would quickly come up with another comeback early next year - and a good one, too.

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

And yeah about my rant, I do love the other songs in the mini album. Love BINKS a lot and BURN is so HOT! But I feel that korean jumping as a title song falls a little short. And like I said, non fans would judge KARA and the whole album by just the title song...*hope KARA would win something please* the girls deserve it! DSP is just T_T

Edited by KaraNice

My heart is jumping and about to burst! Can't wait for their comeback =) I'm pretty sure KARA will do their best. We have got to keep supporting them :thumbup: Seems like KARA's exposure in Korea is not really big right now but still I'm proud they have achieved so much and have gone this far =D Surely there's a lot more to come, and yup including something coming up in just a few more hours! :eyelove:

And oh DSP... :sweatdrop: Good luck :thumbup:

I have an interesting proposal for them :)

Why don't Kara just move to Japan and become full time J-Pop artist, they're much more appreciated there :P

After lurking this thread for a while, I have an expression that K-Pop artists rely too much on their fanclub, no? What about casual fans? They success in Japan because of them.

Why DSP doesn't learn from their past mistake.. our girls always has to work so hard and yeahh they had big achievement but they deserve more..

@Naaaddddiiiaaa I heard it too.. at least we can count on that :thumbup: I hope that from tomorrow on 4th mini's sales will skyrocket xd

ok Kamilia CountDown has started for MuCore comeback.. shouldn't we trend (or at least try to trend) something for them on Twitter ? (kind of OOT)

I have an interesting proposal for them :)

Why don't Kara just move to Japan and become full time J-Pop artist, they're much more appreciated there :P

After lurking this thread for a while, I have an expression that K-Pop artists rely too much on their fanclub, no? What about casual fans? They success in Japan because of them.

KPOP is all about how crazy a fanclub is, like you can't win an award if your fanclub is not big/aggressive enough. That's why KPOP is all about IDOLS, which is sad because there's not much variety. JPOP>KPOP in music quality and variety.

As much as I want KARA to maintain popularity in Japan, I think it's gonna be sad if they become full time JPOP artists. T_T I mean since they are koreans and all, plus it's hard to monitor Japanese activities? And yeah once KARA goes on a longer hiatus, they'll probably lose 1/2 of their fanclub members. I don't want that to happen because KARA has worked so hard to be popular in Korea T_T

if you ask me, the idea of kara becoming a full-time J-Pop artist simply doesnt appeal to me. true, they might be more appreciated there (they certainly sell a lot more in japan), but after all their roots are in korea. and like KaraNice said, kara took ages to come so far. it'll be a real pity if they just decide to back down after all the crap they've suffered.

for now, i think dsp should promote another song in this album other than Jumping. i think Burn will do nicely here - it's so strong <3 and it'll also reinforce the sexy image kara's trying to go for.

and now just 1 more day till their comeback. im super worried about those outfits. dsp totally misled on us on the crying scene in the mv, so im not going to believe anything just yet.

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

*sigh* Everything is so confusing and all that I don't even know anymore.

It is sad that DSP is still screwing around by not getting things right. Or at least get some changes going so that K-Kamilias would be satisfied and possibly attract more new fans. That's really what our girls need. But sadly, in the hands of this company, their progress isn't going as fast as we want it to.

That's not to say that DSP completely sucks lol. Cause like what Kim said, it's amazing how our girls got far with this company. But I really wish DSP would just friggin step it up already. Our girls and Kamilias all over the world have waited long enough. Bring them to the top already.

On the brighter side of things, I'm excited for their comeback xD I really want to hear Love Is live though. But I don't mind Burn either lol. I just want to hear baby Jing raaaap...

I know DSP promotion sucks but the idea of KARA becoming a full time Jpop artist don't work for me. KARA is a Kpop idol group first and I like them like that the most. I'm happy to see they are doing great in Japan but I still want Korea to be their priority. They worked so hard for years to achieve their position and it will be a real waste to give up everyting. That is why I prefer to see them active in both country. The problem is that they should not be active in the same time in Japan and in Korea. It will be better if during korean promotion they take a break in Japan and when they promote in Japan they take a break in Korea !

We can't do very much about what the Korean fans do at this point, so let's just hope for the best for them. Kpop is too many artist of same type, copying same style all the time. Once u lag abit, u ll be left behind.

On the other hand, Jpop has unique artists for everyone, that's what sustained the market for so many years.

I am not sure if what those Kamilias do are right, honestly its not a bad album even though the marketing timeline was poor. The girls put in so much work to make this new style work, I am more impressed by that point. If they wanted, they could play safe and go for girly look like Mister which I am sure will succeed for a while. But to grow as an artist, various styles must be tested out.

Edited by tinaomina

it's always easy to point fingers at dsp when things are not going to meet fans expectation or results are not appealing but when times are good or decisions are wise, are the volumes of acknowledgement & applauds equally voiced?

as fans we obviously want the best for kara from dsp but when things are disappointing, it doesn't mean dsp did it on purpose. they may be lacking according to fans but at least they recognise kara from day 1. no matter how poor they are, they brough us kara. anyone still giving credit to that real fact?

most want dsp to be another or as capable as sme but how easy is it?

keyboard typing is easy & words are cheap.

most want dsp to give kara everything but how insufficient is it now?

has anyone attended any of their meetings?

as fans we have rights to complain or demand the best for the girls but till the day when the girls decide to discontinue with dsp, we as fans should also be supportive to dsp.

i'm equally disappointed & misbelieving at present progress but non constructive criticism will lead everyone (dsp, kara & kamilia) nowhere & a laughing stock to others whom i have absolutely no interest.

it has been a long 9 months wait, so let's sit back & see what do dsp & kara have to offer tomorrow. kara is definitely not taking on the comeback stage tomorrow alone but with kamilia in front of them & with dsp behind them.

In August, DSP said mini4 promotion would last only 3 weeks, I was really unhappy; then, DSP gave us an almost duplicated MV for mini4, I was very unhappy.

Although finally I bought one mini4, I have to say DSP is going to a wrong way this time. :whistling:

I think some K-kamilias may have the same feeling.

Still..I don't see why K-Kamilias should make the girls' suffer because of DSPE. They should support the girls no matter what. :x And is their promotions really going to last 3 weeks? I thought they would at least promote until the end of the year.

Urgh I don't think Kara will be in the running for next week's Music Bank. Probably top 4 at the very least. -_- There is only 2 more days left for album sales and at this rate...yeah. Even 2PM sold more albums than them yesterday.. http://hanteo.com/

Personally I thought it was a smart idea for their album later because the girls could have won on their comeback stage.

@KaraNice: Well, for mainstream Kpop.

It's a pity... since there's actually alot of variety in Korean music and a load of singers that produce great music. It's just knowing about where to dig and find it. It's also harder for intls to hear alot of music compared to K-fans, so I think it seems more limited then it really it.

But it is true that as for mainstream music, fandom plays a big role.

I actually prefer the idea of Kara doing more J-pop full time.

Yes, they've worked hard in the past. But at the same time, where will they have the bigger success in the future?

(Music-wise, their music doesn't really seem to fit Kpop entirely)

On the topic of DSP...

The more you concentrate on flaws, it starts to appear bigger then it really is.

In all honesty, I think too much expectations lead up to bigger dissapointments. If it wasn't for DSP's decision, there would have been a 0 4th Mini Album right now. Sure, the mv wasn't how we thought it'd be (Unless it was for Burn). Sure, the schedule isn't how we wished it could have been. Sure, they don't go full out like other companies.

But guess what? In this competitive industry, there's a lot of C-list groups being debuted almost every minute that don't even get half the amount of promotional advantages that Kara gets. Other groups end up with worser songs, cheesy mv's, and don't even get to appear on broadcasting stations as much.

So I'm really happy that we got this great album here and even if it's for a short time, we'll be able to see Kara promoting on Korean tv with K-Jumping and Burn :D

As a side note: I know part of Kpop is all about winning music awards. But I'm pretty sure that Kara's comeback was more for their fans rather then gaining new ones or with the intent of trying to win music program awards. Which is probably why their promotional activities are going to be very short.

Edited by Biscuit

keyboard typing is easy & words are cheap.

totally disagree. words are wisdom, words are powerful if you look at history may it be religion, politics or song lyrics.. words can move you.

i think thats what most of the complaints here is to move DSP on the right spot.

most want dsp to give kara everything but how insufficient is it now?

has anyone attended any of their meetings?

i don't see anyone had that in mind.. they just want the BEST for KARA.

all i'm saying here is that if we don't voice our opinions and keep supporting DSP... they might end up being like this forever. DSP has that tendency. it maybe us or K-Kamilia. i just don't see supporting DSP while KARA's been working their butts off and DSP is not giving them something in return.

on the other side KARA is definitely going to win some no doubt about it.

it might be lesser than what they got from Lupin.

TODAY IS THE DAY GUYS!!! LETS GO!!! KAMALIAS!

"kara is definitely not taking on the comeback stage tomorrow alone but with kamilia in front of them & with dsp behind them."

That is so important. All our energies should now be in supporting the girls to continue their success.

There will always be bumps on the road but he vision has to be maintained. The Girls are giving their best, DSP should do the same.

So, now let's wait for the comeback and expect the best.