[2010.11.17] Korean 4th Mini Album [Jumping]

red4summer

Hmm watching Y-star, Sy did mention that they didn't have enough time to practice the choreography for jumping adequately.. and Gyuri said she hoped Korean fans were receptive to Jumping even though it was released in Japan first. So I think they were all aware of this risk they were taking... but it's not all bad.. I agree that they really have improved on their perf skills as a group.

Keeping my expectations neutral because with KARA you never know :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I kinda agree on that one, KaraNice. Most of our expectations were placed on the Japanese promotions, or at least, our hype was mostly on the Japanese promotions. Now that could be the case with K-Kamilias, I don't know. But I wonder, would things have been different if Hammie had not been injured and the K-Jumping promotions started before J-Jumping? I don't mean it in any negative way though. Just simply wondering HOW different the outcome would have been.

Thinking now, I'm not disappointed on how things came about for Jumping. I'm always proud and happy as a Kamilia no matter the outcome. As much as I want Jumping to win a mutizen, it's not the case for me where I go all crazy and emo just cause they didn't win. They've only begun K-Jumping promotions so who knows, we might be surprised later on :P

But whatever the outcome is, I'll still be happy. It was a great album in my opinion anyways xD

Just as Nicole said before, they've been on this long journey and the journey is still far from over. They're still there, continuously improving and working hard, and we Kamilias, still there supporting and loving our girls. We can expect to see more successes achieved by our girls in the future. So I'm not gonna sweat on this one promotion :D

Oh and Inki performance was awesome by the way :D

Kara and Kamilia fighting!

Edited by PioneerLtTwinkie

^ Like what everyone said, I guess this song has been heard way too many times before their comeback. So naturally, there isn't really much hype. Their teasers were heard as early as October am I right?

But their performances in Korea have been nothing short of 100%, including trying to give us a surprise by some changes to the dance. In fact, everytime I stream music shows with them,I realize their charisma really outshines other groups.

The simultaneous promotion strategy didn't really work well but no problems. At least KARA has gained one more experience through this, and Jumping is no failure at all overall.

I don't expect any trophies, just the performances are good enough for me. Still #1 in my view.

PS: This week is the last week of promotions right?? So any possible wins must be this weekend?

Edited by tinaomina

^

i dont think its only 3 weeks.well the '3 weeks' was originally planned at first,but hammies injury...well changed their schedule.and if they were gonna promote for 3 weeks,i think it would be on the news now.

lol not 100% sure tho,cause i dont work for dsp :P

Edited by xxoo

^

though i expect nothing than their best perfomance, an award or two would be cool ^__^ they've worked so hard for it!

and hell yeah they deserved it!!

MuBank comeback this Friday! I'm so can't wait for it....

KARA FIGHTOH!!!

I think overall, i am just glad that kara need not go through the LONGGGGG hiatus again.

Its like the darkest moment of kara and kamilia.

I dont care whether kara gets trophies for k.jumping promotions.

After all the oricon moments, im really happy for kara and kamilia for making this a reality

hey i am kinda of a new member but i really like kara a lot already...i hope to get along with all of u guys who r fans of kara also... :blushing:

What am i expecting from this album:

1.well i hope for more of nikori's rap and maknae jiyoung..

2.more people from different countries to recognise kara..

3.any concept is good but hope to see a concept bout a more open and personal but not to personal concept on them...

4.hehe would like more catchy and upbeat songs like lupin or honey..

hehehe i also would like to know where i can get videos of kara doing shows or interviews wif english subs... ^_^

^ well, they will have their comeback on music bank this Friday KST.. so i would say yes.. but i think it depends on the artists status.. like byul didn't have a comeback in inkigayo the week before but when she performed the first time it wasn't a comeback anymore. so yeah xD

I think it would be a comeback, since they didn't perform on that show till now. i guess the comeback is when the girls appear for the first time on that show, after a while. So yeah I would think it a comeback, I want it to be comeback so I can see another burn performance. I wish like burn could be like a follow up song, you know how every entermanet how like a follow up song, like the song they promoted then the second. DSP doesn't really do that much, I mean like after pretty girl you had to wait for honey, then honey was done, you would have to wait for like wanna. And since they promoted wanna, and mister was a clearly favorite, they promoted that song. Then lupin, and no follow up song. I wish DSP does like a follow song, like all the enternament group

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

Yes yes DSP will probably trash the "3-week promotions" idea.

It's a bit weird for me to see that Kara on MuBank this week will be considered a comeback :P But I guess that's just how it is. Anyways, hoping to see more Jumping performances :D

I don't know the chances of our girls grabbing a mutizen but I'll always stay hopeful :thumbup1:

Fighting...!!

I just ordered this! I am also getting Vol 2 (tied for fav kpop album) with it and the new T-ara (very compatible with Kamilia musical tastes, BTW) and I'm so excited! DSP production is so lush and crisp that standard digital quality levels are not enough. You gotta have that lossless CD audio.

Of course, right after I do this I find out that IU is releasing a new album that will have an awesome limited special edition... *sigh* I'll probably miss out on that. If only I had more money... but I'm getting Kara & T-ara albums! Yay!

Edited by Dicetrain

^ if i am not wrong Korea doesn't have a public sales chart? Different websites compile their own sales and the company will also sometimes release sales figures. But I know there has been alot of dispute because companies have been known to overstate sales before.

Its really different from Japan.(Edit: my own guess is 10-20k range :tongue: )

Edited by tinaomina

I think the sales from Hanteo is around 6,000 right now, as compiled by Kamilias over at Baidu. Not doing too well compared to Lupin (but then again Lupin's sale wasn't all the great either. KARA's second mini album is still their best-selling release).

Realistically, I don't see KARA winning many awards this time round, not like Lupin. :(

I'll be happy with just one mutizen from Inki.

^ its really so bad huh. any idea why the Koreans don't like it ? After all the songs are all pretty solid and half the songs are in Girl's talk which did so well. even though when Jumping has been re-promoted.

I've been looking at Hanteo and noticed it always hover around the top 5 still for the past few weeks.. Its weird that its still so quite low :sweatdrop:

Edited by tinaomina

this is only my opinion

i think, if they start to perform other song (e.g. Love Is, Binks, or With) their number will automatically increase..and prolly win some award(s) as well..i really want to see them sing other songs, not only because i love the songs, but because i want to know how good they are performing it live..how they're gonna exceed JKamilia and particularly KKamilia expectation..

To add to the disappointing sales, Jumping has fallen off Top 10 in most online charts. :thumbdown:

Comeback stage on Music Bank tonight with Burn and Jumping! This is probably the last time we'll see Burn performed live (unless they perform it again for the goodbye stages). ))): The contender for #1 is SNSD and Baek Ji Young. I'm guessing KARA has fallen down KChart already, so we probably won't see them bringing any KChart trophies home this time round.

Imo, I'm really sorry to say this but dang DSP you screwed up. I honestly think they should've postponed KARA's comeback until the Japanese promotions are over and schedule a completely new Korean comeback at the beginning of 2011.

Sorry for all the negativity. I just feel kind of frustrated. OTL

in my humble opinion..

as fans , of course we want the girls to win some awards and have good sales because they have worked so hard for it but if they don't , then we should not be so sad/negative about it and start blaming dsp because there's nothing we can do about it..it just brings negativity especially to this discussion topic..

i actually commend the girls and maybe dsp for not forgetting their korean roots even though they are not selling as much as in japan..

i think they want the korean fans to know that they have not forgotten who had supported them through their early years...

as for the k-jumping, i think everyone agrees that they have all improved performance-wise and they will only get even better

(maybe dsp has other plans and that is why they are having the co-promotions thing going on..i mean they won't want to harm their main earning girl group rite??)

who knows if dsp might just make them focus in japan and this could be our last korean promotions??

so even if they do not win any awards, i'll just continue to watch and support the girls performance and enjoy it instead of thinking why they are not winning any awards

hope i dont offend anyone..thanks:D

Edited by jjy

^

I wholeheartedly agree with this comment. Let's be honest, the girls returned to Korea because they wanted to perform for the fans who have always had their back, not for a couple of glass trophies. Ever since it was revealed that Jumping would be the Korea comeback track also, there has been a lot of disgruntled disappointment from fans and nonfans alike - and you know what, it's fine. The responses were to be expected, and each is entitled to having their own opinions.

But those negative feelings should not persist. Let's put it honestly - if all we're talking about are sales, wins, and profits, the girls had absolutely nothing to gain with a comeback in November - they might as well have shelved this mini and wait until 2011 to promote the next one. Kara knew that going back to Korea would be both exhausting and not profitable, but to them, performing in their home country, on familiar stages, with Kamilia, was much more important than album sales or trophies.

If the girls are making sacrifices to perform for their fans, then what kind of fan would I be if all I'm doing is finding faults in marketing logistics and a couple numbers on a chart? Sure, I want them to win awards, who doesn't? But the main reason I watch Kara perform is to see their development, to see how much they enjoy being onstage and performing with their fans. I love the girls for who they are as people, not how many cds they sell. When our concerns for their success overtake our concerns for Kara as people, I think that's when we should take a step back, remember why we became fans in the first place, and support them the best we can. So a kind request to internalize the pessimism? No need to burden the girls even more :)

I think it would be cool if KARA perform other songs from the mini-album because all are good songs and Korea has to know it ! I don't care if they win nothing because this comeback is mostly made for korean fans so I think if they can perform different songs so fans would be happier than ever !

Their comeback on music bank was great and Burn is so cute : I love it so much !!!!!!!!! But I also hope to see them perform Love Is one day because it is my favorite song from the album lol.