[2010.11.17] Korean 4th Mini Album [Jumping]

red4summer

it's been ages since i've read this topic and um i didnt expect to see so much negativity around :S

(jjy and goddessfollower have already said something similar but i'll still rant anyways):

personally, i think we should stop worrying about trophies and sales and just enjoy their comeback. kara did try to include something fresh for their comeback: the Burn perfs + new Jumping concept + new Jumping choreo. they worked really hard for it (for our sake, too) so they'll be all the more disappointed if we fans are just criticizing the entire time. so in the end, being positive is still the way to go :thumbup1:

to add on, i think kara might just win this coming inki hehe :D snsd already had their triple crown, so kara stands a good chance of winning (imo)

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Jumping isn't doing as well as we hoped. Eh... oh well...

From the moment they made their comeback on MuCore, I found myself caring less and less about the mutizens and whatnot. Honestly speaking, I do care about it, it's just that winning isn't my number one priority at the moment. Seeing how things aren't going as well as we hoped for, I put that aside and continued what I've already been doing, and that's enjoying their performances in Korea.

But I completely understand inin. It's too bad DSP's decisions didn't produce the outcome we wanted.

Let's hope the best for their next comeback and continue enjoying their performances :)

And jjy, "last korean promotions"??? Heck nawh lol. You said it in your post too, they have not forgotten their roots and I'm taking it that they never will. They would never ditch Korea. Our girls are still on this long journey and there's bound to be more successes in the future. I mean, one letdown like this is only natural. And of course results will disappoint and of course we will all be disappointed at times. Showing our disappointment is only natural too. Let's face it, it's all on the company for not deciding better decisions. And again, we may show our disappointment because of it. Cause hey, it's all natural and it isn't a crime. But it doesn't necessarily mean we hate DSP or being negative or anything. Criticizing on their(DSP's) performance isn't such a sin in my honest opinion. There's a difference between simply criticizing and being pessimistic.

But anyways, enough of that. Let's see if our opinions change once the promotions are over. They've only made their comeback on MuBank anyways. Soooo.... let's see :P

I've been loving their performances, they are always so powerful and sexy! Last night the shot of Hara at the beginning of Jumping was intense, her eyes just screamed that she is a total pro and they struck me like POW!

I asked for a gif but I found one in the Hara Jumping thread.

I love the stepping move in Burn when they go "naa nanana nana na na na"

Jing on the breakdown in Jumping is always ( O_O) inducing.

Edited by Dicetrain

I don't think that they are going to abandon Korea completely anytime in the near future. They are already working around Jing's school schedule with their Japanese promotions. If they have maintained popularity in Japan and haven't gained more popularity Korea by the time she graduates, I think they will make Japan their main focus. I think it's too early for them to put all their eggs in one basket anyway.

While it sucks that their comeback hasn't been successful as we'd like, their success in Japan at least gives them security. Their livelihood doesn't depend on K-Jumping being a hit. As others have mentioned I see this release as present to tide over their Korean fans. Could promotions been done better? Yes, but the past is the past. Complaining won't change anything. The girls have done their best throughout this comeback and have back with awesome stage presence and confidence. Hopefully next time DSP will not schedule duel releases, so Korean promotions aren't overshadowed.

^^LMAO Dice xD Always nice to see you spazzing more Jing nowadays xD She has become a woman xD

The Burn performances are always great! They really don't disappoint.

Btw, why didn't Kara make a comeback on M Countdown? I want to see another performance of Burn lol.

Edited by PioneerLtTwinkie

This is just my opinion but i don't like it when people constantly are being a drag and say Kara can't do this or they won't win this when only time will tell, and when they do win they act all surprised and jump on the i knew they would bandwagon.

Not trying to offend anyone one or be mean.

Most people thought Kara wouldn't sell anywhere close to 100k in their first week but they did, just let things take its course and put your trust in the Kamilias, they haven't been promoting in Korea long so lets just see what happens and not make the they can't assumptions until its all over.

Kara fighting! :matrix:

Edited by atl2006

@PioneerLtTwinkie

well on that M!Super Concert they performed Burn & Jumping.

got this info from curbow from the streaming thread:

M!Super Concert is exaactly the same with M!Countdown, the difference is they hold it outdoor if i'm not mistaken. so it's counted as their comeback perf at Mnet..

hope this helped! ^_^

Edited by monkiesxrule

haha..of course i do not want the girls to abandon korea

what i meant was we do not know what dsp will do with the girls in the future..they might just put kara in japan just like dbsk..or pull something unexpected..well you know dsp..haha

@atl2006 yup, the promotions are not over yet..so there might still be suprises ^^

anyways, i am glad that there are many kamilias supporting the girls no matter what happens :D

the girls have really worked so hard (changing choreos and so on) and they deserve our endless support ^^

kamilias are the best !!! Kara is the best !!

Edited by jjy

hey so this is my first time posting

(even though i joined karaholic exactly a year ago)

but i just wanted to add something.

i've been a silent fan of kara for a long time

like never commenting in forums or soompi threads or what not

but i think that the girls have moved past the point

of where winning number 1 is their goal~

while it'd be nice to bring home all the trophies and set a record

thats not the most important part.

whats important is that the girls try their hardest on stage

to please the fans and to give them the best stage possible

and thats part of what we love abt kara right?

the girls have been through a lot of downs rather than ups

but i'd rather people remember kara for always being hard-working

and earning the respect and love of people that way

rather than being just another overrated group

that was only hypocritically loved in their prime time

and kara's ranked #3 on music bank today (;

Edited by myhoneyclaire

kara wasn't there yesterday to make up the numbers but to compete as well. look at yesterday mubank, gyul was seen at the background during the winner announcement, having fun & enjoying their first mubank comeback. i mean the girls understand it's going to be tough with all the reasons we know (shared above). so if the points aren't good enough then too bad but to try again next week. winning isn't all about being top placed, it can be about fighting & overcoming the odds. inaddition it isn't easy to win on comeback week, let alone with jumping which is said & considered "old". i would say, let's not lose hope yet. i acknowledge the gap yesterday was wide but all points will be reset at the start of each week. the first time & the more i watch last evening mubank jumping, the more confidence i grow, i'm optimistic next week. (ok i'm kara biased.) imo inkigayo will be different because kara already has its comeback 2 weeks back. this week is going to be "nerve wracking". well my prediction is still alive.

award or not, why care about those (stations) whom don't know the real stuff? lastly i want to say, let's bring sunshine into this forum, it isn't over yet. remember the last 3 all have inkigayo in the bag so why not this time? :)

Kamilia has been deceived by Japan's achievement, that's sure.. KARA gained so much there that we ended up caring a lot about charts, sales ecc.. But I don't think that we are complaining more than enjoying..

The negativity has to be push away, AGREE but there's nothing wrong in hoping to win..

As for me I've always said (like in my previous post ) :

I'll wait patiently for them to win ! even if for me they already won xd

YEAH KARA for me is #1, no trophy is needed for make me think that way.

But well They still worked hard and.... Winning is still something they deserve..

They were amazing at mucore today! Especially jing! I think they do deserve some awards. They worked hard. BUT everybody works hard and awards is just a popularity game. Especially in korean music shows. As long as we know that they worked hard and gave their all I thnk that's all that matters to me :) they are still the number one idol group for me :)

And I agree with Kara is past the awards at music show phase. They are the girl group who just conquered japan. I don't think that their morale or value will lessen because of just one promo cycle :) Kara daebakkk!

I think new Kamilia like me have alot to learn from the old Kamilia who really stood by the girls despite the tough times like a member dropping out and a long hiatus. We are happy if they get good sales but then it shouldn't even affect our liking of KARA!

Anyway I must say their performances lately are hell of impressive! :thumbup:

i think we all knew that KARA wasn't going to win some award with jumping as the korean comeback song. I mean I do what them to perform a different song beside jumping, but I was just happy to see KARA back in action in Korea. It the girl homecounty they would never abandon it. The jumping performance were for the korean fans, since they been gone for away, and this was just for the them. i don't think they are perform just for award, they doing this for their fans. So I always figured that KARA wasn't going to win anything, just happy to see them perform on korean music show, and maybe some interaction with other korean artist.

as a not so old Kamilia but up there.. we've seen the girls through their down times and up times. correct me if i'm wrong but i think most of us Kamilia have raised our standards & expectations for Kara in terms of their ability to perform and get the you know "shiny glass"..ever since their big success in Japan, i'm not gonna lie i did get a lil big headed. xD but the core purpose in supporting Kara still remains strong and that is to support the girls 1000000% no matter what the outcome maybe.i think the old Kamilia knows about that already since they've stuck with Kara through & trough. to others the awards are maybe something to brag on but to me it's more of a symbol of their hard earned hardship.

anyways back to winning... LOL

don't ever count KARA off.

looking at the Take 7 line up right now we have a high chance of grabbing the mutizen.

i always believe in them always!

@monkiesxrule Ah lol. Thanks for the info... Guess I wasn't paying attention enough :sweatdrop:

Anyways, when they performed Jumping on MuBank, there's this number 3 next to the song title at the beginning of the performance. I've seen it a lot of times before but I never really bothered asking what exactly it meant. Is it the rank or something? Someone enlighten me please :D

For a KARA fan the Girls are always number One.

From song to song popularity will go up and down, depending on thew mood, likes and whatnot of the masses. But that is transitory.

They have to continue doing what they do, They're great at it. It's their art and people will come around in due time. We've seen that in Japan.

We all love it when they win something, but we, Kamilias, always support them no matter what.

Let's keep up the faith! :thumbup1::tongue:

i think the japan sales and lupin wins moved our focus a bit away. remember "Wanna" promotions? Kara was up against some major competition and because of some clashes and a little bad luck with marketing, they only won 1 Mutizen with Wanna. Mister didn't even win anything, but the result of the promotions was explosive and really brought Kara to another level. i hv to admit, i am a little worried with so many new groups coming out...

at first, i was a little upset because I was thinking, well, where's Kamilia? shouldn't the kamilias who bought the lupin album also buy this? but then I remembered, Kara released so many different merchandise that have sold amazingly well, it's only understandable that kamilias have to prioritize and save up! (i definitely had to choose between the different versions and albums...)

my only wish though is that, if it does no take too much out of our girl's health, that they can perform another song like they did with Revolution. I think Burn is doing well, so either do the whole performance of that or Love Is or any other song.