[2010.11.17] Korean 4th Mini Album [Jumping]

red4summer

^ I just wish that someone actually helped KARA out during their time that's all. No one did. So KARA did it all on their own.

Anyway, I hope KARA wins something with their 3 week promotions...no matter how I look at it, it's so disappointing for DSP to do that. It's like what they did with SS501. Merely coming back for a few performances and no more...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhh dsp, is it really that hard to promote 2 groups at the same time? lol, like seriously,3 weeks?

Well hopefully they will still win some stuff :P

if gyuri's new hair really is blonde,i hope it looks better than that photo

though not confirmed, if kara is attending korean chuseok festival at nyc on 9-10 oct, then wouldn't 2-3 of their music station comeback performances be affected & hence to be pre-recorded? what kind of 3 weeks domestic promotion is this?

Seriously??? I dunno which one bothers me the most. The fact that Kara's gonna be at NY and I'm not there or the fact that it'll overlap with their comeback performances.

I don't know anymore... I feel a bit disappointed with DSP's promotion tactics. I was already bugged by the thought of Kara having such short promotions and now this?

Guess all we can do is wait... I hope things work out despite of how things seem to be.

And I wanted this to be the best comeback to date since it was the first that I am witnessing as a Kamilia...

Aish, come on DSP! Still got faith...

Hmmm... guys?

I don't know if I'd missed anything, but other than a translated message about Oct 1 and the 3 week period on the KH twitter, I haven't really seen any official announcements of anything at all. So I think we really should refrain from speculating too much on this matter.

All of us are really anticipating this comeback, but too much speculation tends to lead to unnecessary panic.

Let's all look forward to this comeback positively first. Let's not start bashing already even before anything is confirmed, it's not the way of Kamilia to overreact is it? :D

Hmmm... guys?

I don't know if I'd missed anything, but other than a translated message about Oct 1 and the 3 week period on the KH twitter, I haven't really seen any official announcements of anything at all. So I think we really should refrain from speculating too much on this matter.

All of us are really anticipating this comeback, but too much speculation tends to lead to unnecessary panic.

Let's all look forward to this comeback positively first. Let's not start bashing already even before anything is confirmed, it's not the way of Kamilia to overreact is it? :D

Haha that's very true. I'm worrying too much. I'll put it all in my faith in Kara :D

Haha that's very true. I'm worrying too much. I'll put it all in my faith in Kara :D

Thanks for being a voice of reason PioneerLtTwinkie :D

I'll be glad if this thread goes back into it's normal purpose which was for people to describe how they are anticipating the new mini-album and what they hope for/expect to see in the new mini-album as well.

Negativity really isn't Kamilia's way. After all through the not-so-successful days, if all the Kamilia were being negative, KARA wouldn't have been able to come so far would they? Let's always be the model fans of Kpop for our favourite KARA :D

well it's more of disappointment than negativity. lol.

be it 3 weeks or 3 months, all kamilia (including those newly embraced during japan promotion) will be cheering on kara during their comebacks in korea. cheering kamilia hearts out during comebacks is different from voicing misbelieving thoughts to dsp.

glad you mentioned "After all through the not-so-successful days", so these are fan concerns which serve as a reminder to dsp that those days shouldn't be repeated. we never know what's going to happen and hence we're worried because we only want the best for kara from dsp. :)

ok back to discussion on what we want from this mini.. i have a new one, i want > 3 weeks of promotion. :P

I'm really really curious now as to what the concept will be.

Basing it just on Gyul's blond hair and JiRa's lighter hair color, can anyone guess what it MIGHT be?

I'm hoping that they don't do a cute concept. Cause like what people said before, the cute concept hasn't been catching up lately. Dark concepts seem to be taking over these days.

It would be good if DSP can create a mix of concepts to create something new. I think something new and unique would be needed in order to fare well against 2NE1. But that's just my opinion...

Edited by PioneerLtTwinkie

ok back to discussion on what we want from this mini.. i have a new one, i want > 3 weeks of promotion. :P

LOL. +1

Mhmm as for what I want to see from this mini, I still stand by my previous wish that it'll be a combination of a killer concept + strong vocal + great choreography, but the emphesis is still on the vocal. After hearing Hara's and Jing's voices in 2Me, I have a lot more confidence in their singing now, especially Hara (gosh I really miss hearing her sing; she has such a sweet and low tone). I'd like to narrow down the list of possible concept based on Gyuri's new hair colour... but there are just too many possibilities lol. Since the new mini will be released on Oct 1 (it IS the album release date right?), the concept pictures would probably be released in 2-3 weeks? Seriously can't wait. (:

in that 3 weeks span they are also performing in New York on October 9th.

my friend confirmed it and she said "Kara" is going. my friend is from New York btw. lol

i'm still not 100% sure but most likely they are going to perform. thats gonna cut the promotion even more if they do. :(

in that 3 weeks span they are also performing in New York on October 9th.

my friend confirmed it and she said "Kara" is going. my friend is from New York btw. lol

i'm still not 100% sure but most likely they are going to perform. thats gonna cut the promotion even more if they do. :(

That's going to be unfortunate if it affects the number of performances given on the music shows/variety appearances, but who's to say we know better? Definitely the event will give the KARA fans in NYC a lot of joy too so who's to say that's less important than the music shows? I know you didn't say it in your post quoted above of course, but I am trying to look upon the NYC festival performance as a positive thing.

All of us are anticipating this sooooo badly right now lol. Wish it would just be tomorrow :D

So is DSP rock solid set on 3 weeks of promotion only? No possible chance that they'd actually increase it? I'm really curious as to why DSP decided this.

blonde -----------------> strong dance and vocal ---------> techno?

ballads please :sweatdrop: it will show their quality more

idk why but seeing them goes blonde reminding me of 4minute (?)

Techno?? Lol. And yes, I'm really hoping for ballads. I was hoping they'd have two ballads at least.

I'm not sure if I like the blonde hair. I'm waiting to see more pics of Gyul in blonde but I'm not sure if I'll end up liking it or not. Still hoping and praying for an awesome concept!

^ i'm definitely looking forward to it too. since i'm going. LOL

i will definitely give KH the updates >_<

back to the topic darn 3 weeks is just too short.. i'm starting to think that DSP is really focusing on Japan now.. ever since KARA's big success there.

Lol well building a strong "foundation" for Kara in Japan allows DSP to milk more money xD

And it is saddening that DSP makes the same mistakes over again but I still believe that they'd change this pattern and be able to bring Kara to the top.

But with the 'promote for 3 weeks only' decision , it looks like DSP ain't planning to fully make the second half of 2010 Kara's year. But who knows, it is possible and could happen. Maybe DSP has a good reason for this. Or some tactic secretly planned. I'm new to DSP groups, so can anyone tell me if DSP has been able to surprise fans with "wise" tactics before? I'd like to bring my hopes up higher ^^

Edited by PioneerLtTwinkie

i think they're gonna move back their comeback because of seungyeon...

http://news.nate.com/view/20100907n03200?mid=e0102 go there.i used the google trans,and it

says seungyeon is in hospital and they'll be moving the comeback.im no sure tho,cause

i just used google trans. here's the eng trans. http://www.allkpop.com/2010/09/kara-delays-comeback-after-seungyeon-gets-hospitalized

anyways i really hope hammies fine D:

its fine if ill waiit longer,i dont care.

...and this year isnt hammies year...

frst she fell down during a perf,then injured,

then she slipped D: and now this :(

Edited by xxoo

aww i thought this was very nice/sweet.

but anywho

i hope...

- kara will gain more love from the public.

- karaholic members start increasing :)

- hara having more lines!!

- have a concept like break it, secret world, lupin, or mister again :)

or have a song like let it go.

- gyuri rapping! [maybe even hara!] :D

- have a ballad song that they can perform ATLEAST twice <3 people still dont believe are girls have strong nice vocals and it ticks me off. like really? have they not seen kara cover g.o.d's song road?! they did amazing!!

- dance break with hara and nicole and maybe even seungyeon! seungyeon can dance her butt off! but a lot of people dont notice.. /=

- the girls have fun on stage :) cause the serious face in lupin was like..ehh come on! its okay to smile girls :D

If it is going to be 3 weeks then heck, either DSP gave up on them or they are so confident that 3 weeks is already more than enough. I hope it is the latter fo sho.

From the upcoming mini album I hope more ballads are there. Kara's ballads are my most favorite, and that "Gil" cover was like a omgit'sokaytokillmenow moment. We could already see that they are tip top and capable of a heckload so ballads within the album would be greatly appreciated.

Of course you need a catchy song to reach the hearts of the fans and would be fans so we can shake our hips, run out an emergency exit, bungee jump, or whatever it may be.

Highly anticipating this!

Everything's gonna be affected and changed now. I wonder what and how things are gonna be changed.

Seungyeon T.T Finding out about this news depresses me...

Doesn't matter if their comeback is delayed all the way to 2012. Seungyeon's health comes first...

Praying that she fully recovers soon...

Yeah, heard the news :( Seems pretty bad if it has to wait for 4 weeks(hope seongyeon's okay). second single for japan and comeback has to wait.... sasd but, Seungyeon's/Kara's health has to come first. And look on the bright side. maybe this is a good thing, it's one of those superstitions that Koreans say. Seungyeon's been through a lot this year though and I think the 4 weeks will give the Kara members and Seungyeon some rest ^^

________

And Techno? -__________- I REALLY hope that's not the concept or the song's not techno-y. But with/ Cole's edgy hair. Gyuri's blonde hair...jungle theme..... xD Okay that's probably not it... but, I really don't want another dark theme. But looking at all of the hints. It looks kindof like a sexy concept ^^

Edited by nerdxissa

soo if they'll delay their comeback on nov...

Jap promotions should be over by then right??

soo that means...longer korea promotion?

i hope so...but let the girls rest first before

coming back.we fans can wait a little longer.

scratch that...lol of course they'll be delaying

their jap promotions too.stupid me.anyways i hope

they'll rest first before coming back,and hope its

longer than 3 weeks.as i said i dont mind waiting

a little longer.

Edited by xxoo

I think with Ham had to rest a couple of weeks just make their activities being pushed back, probably they still have just 3 weeks promo in Korea then continue with Japan...it sucks for Korean fans for sure with that length of the promo but since Japan's market proved to be very profitable as a company i guess now DSP choose where their priority

On the bright side, with comeback date being delayed, other than the girls will have more time to rest, i hope their management could use the time to perfecting their song, concept, choreo, mv etc coz i'm sure even just 3 weeks if the final material is perfect it would be enough to secure the attention while the girls going to Japan coz if the quality is great the quantity wouldn't matters, as for my hope for this new mini i think its the same with all that been shared here...some ballads, minimize autotune and all members has the fair share showing their vocal abilities

Btw with this new progress, does it means their NY show is no go then?

Okay so if you don't follow karaholic's twitter ^^

"Due to SeungYeon condition,KARA's comeback possibly delayed to early November,as they'll be promoting Best Album in Japan(Second Single) Mid-October." -translated by ankk1(sp?)

Is it just me or is DSP trying not to lose time. Like ever since Mister was released. Kara members are busier. Well after Lupin promotions they did have time to rest.

But wow, Kara girls aren't resting x_x

I don't wanna accuse DSP of faking Seungyeon's injury cuz that can't be(that's a no no :P) So the only thing I'm left with is Kara's just doing their job xD (dunno if I'm saying that right) Like I want them to rest and all but I don't wanna say DSP's working Kara too much by doing Best album promotions while Seungyeon's hurt. Cuz DSP should act fast. Kara's really popular now. And I'm kindof happy/surprised. I won't have to wait 'til November until Kara's more active and I'm surprised dsp(or maybe umj) is deciding this. Well, just wanna say to Korean Kamilias in Korea..... Send some vitamins, ginseng or anything to make Seungyeon feel better faster >_<

________

edit:

Okay so I should read more carefully. I just noticed it said Mid-october. Then Kara has like 3-4 weeks to rest right? ^^ I think this is pretty okay. I mean, So they don't lose hold of Japan and also let Korean fans anticipate a comeback. Just kind of feel sad that they're doing Best Album Promotion first xD.

Edited by nerdxissa

i would suggest ham to stay put longer in recovering from spinal injury while the rest take on to promote the best album. promoting doesn't always come in performance but tv show appearance or magazine interview.

i'm disappointed when member gets injuried during practices to comeback because it can mean either things are too packed or arrangements are not carefully planned. i sincerely hope they are not pushed or rushed to meet the dates.