[2010.11.17] Korean 4th Mini Album [Jumping]

red4summer

^ oh gosh that's such a long time from now(like a month..lol) xD All we can do for now is look for hints, like gyul's blonde hair and nicole's edgy cut. no teasers yet :( but I hope they can release some info on what the concept will be like. For Lupin they said it would be a strong concept.

and as for competition, I'll just wait until the official comeback dates are out xD

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want KARA to win awards for this comeback. That's the sign of a successful comeback. I mean, a comeback only comes every 6-8 months for KARA and they must show their best. For us, KAMILIAs we will take whatever they give us because we love them but if we want KARA to rise up higher in the ranks (they're #3/#4 in girl groups), they should attract more fans. KARA is #1 for us but I want those non-fans to be KAMILIAs as well.

every kamilia wants kara to score straight wins to top charts every week throughout their comebacks. but for that to happen, the local fanbase must grow. i hope i'm wrong but fanbase in korea won't be growing much because i seriously don't know where are the new fans? i mean most fans have made their choice, so expecting them to change heart will be bit hard. they are already hardcored fans of others, hence only left with those undecided fans or new fans coming into kpop but honestly believe those numbers are still weak. so now i just hope kara will have better results than before. :)

I know their fanbase has been growing since I joined there daum fanpage and naver fanpage but I know it is hard for the fanbase to grow drastically with all the idol singers out their and many people have already decided to join a fanclub. I hope this mini album will be a hit and I know we can all make it happen. I am already liking Nicole's edgy cut and Gyuri showing off a new image.

I want this next mini album:

1. To show strong vocals and dancing...especially a equal distribution of singing parts!

2. Better promotions for Kara! UMJ did a fabulous job of promoting Kara and DSP needs to learn from them!

3. I am being selfish but I want them to have maybe two MVs one with a storyline and one that shows off their dancing and charm! I was really hoping for a storyline MV for Lupin but I love the dance one but a storyline would of been nice too!

4. I want this album to have stronger songs and maybe couple more ballads as well!

5. It would be nice if they had a new concept that they haven't tried before.

6. Also I hope Seungyeon is fully recovered before this mini album because I feel like she has been getting hurt a lot because she hasn't fully had time to recover after the accident and from exhaustion and stress I think she keeps getting hurt T_T

Edited by yoomster

^LOL definitely! Only if we were actually ABLE to do that.. xD

I'm definitely liking the Blond Gyul now (thanks to those pics!) and she's beautiful as always.

Smexy, hot Gyul is a good sign, no? Ah, I wish DSP would start teasing us already... well they started with Gyul's blonde hair but we want more! :D

In talking about he fanbase I get a little confused. If every potential fan has already made up their mind, so where do the new groups get their fans? I'm fairly new here and to kpop but i've seen already several new groups debutted since the beggining of this year. So, fan must follow more than one group or some fans are constantly ghanging their favorite group. Can anyone help on this? Thanks. :confused1:

unless korean fans are loyal to certain group but usually hardcore kpop fans will support more than 1 group. fans switch groups halfway too but those are minority. the way i see it, new fans come from existing fans from other groups, those whom just get into kpop or fans from misbanded/"retiring" groups. so to say, new debuting groups usually start small. as time goes by, their fanbases will then grow according to the likings in the groups music & personality.

it's like there's an emerging market or during the beginning of korean wave, the earliest batches will bound to benefit the most while the late comers will share the remaining. furthermore the meaning of fans can have different levels too, so the intensity of supporting varies.

hopefully i'm wrong but korean kamilia fanbase will not grow 2-fold. i'm not sure about the actual size but without larger fanbase, kara isn't going to win 10 straight crowns. just in case to some, i don't feel proud when they are crowned but when they are recognised by all. :)

most fans in korea support other groups too.

in reality and every human aspect they are basically like us. :)

but there are those who are die hard fans.. that likes only one group to the extent they are idolized as almost god like group.

-----

@eric actually Korean Kamilia is still growing.

this is the July 2010 ranking from Daum official Fanclub

16. Kara: 55,502 ↑104

we are currently rank 16 overall.

and besides fanbase there are other ways to win charts.. like radio promotion.. gyul in SSTP is definitely a plus promotion wise. television.. etc etc.

but one thing i noticed tho.. Korean Kamilia lacks the support from DSP unlike other fanclubs they communicate well with the company.

lol. fanbase must definitely be growing otherwise we're going to question what's dsp doing.

yes fanbase is gaining more kamilia but the rate can be freaking better.

@kim

but you're very right about dsp (in posts elsewhere too) though i seldom openly admit it. :P

just look around our place, where're kara discs? there are nothing.

lol, then i'm definitely not in the common category.

kara is my first & will be my last too, so i'm dead sure that red is going to disappear forever after kara. :(

to some, this is the lastest rankings in jul 2010 from daum that kim was referring to.

01. TVXQ: 773,051 ↓2889

02. Bigbang: 357,541 ↓ 1692

03. SNSD: 304,528 ↑ 507

04. SS501: 254,334 ↓11081

05. 2PM: 225,203 ↓ 4571

06. Super Junior: 196,784 ↓ 480

07. SHINHWA: 115,313↓ 270

08. SHINee: 114,879 ↓ 2837

09. Wonder girls: 107,383 ↓ 1

10. FT Island: 107,019↓ 476

11. BEAST: 106,992↑ 6840

12. 2ne1: 95,514 ↓ 408

13. MBLAQ: 78,990 ↑4220

14. f(x): 62,095 ↑ 1987

15. 2AM: 60,443 ↓ 117

16. Kara: 55,502 ↑104

17. Brown Eyed Girls: 44,738 ↓ 55

18. Seeya: 43,055 ↓223

19. CNBLUE: 30,466 ↑3674

20. T-ara: 27,841 ↑ 645

21. 4minute: 22,684 ↑ 1563

22. ZE:A: 22,373 ↑402

23. Supernova: 18,951 ↑ 5390

24. After school: 17,430 ↑ 404

25. Sistar: 16,138

26. CSJH: 12,866 ↓ 61

27. Davichi: 10,394 ↑ 61

28. U-kiss: 8,684 ↑4846

29. Infinite: 8,056 ↑4442

30. SECRET: 5,574 ↑254

31. D-NA: 4,223 ↑665

32. F.CUZ: 3,360 ↑82

Yes. KARA is #1 in our hearts and minds, but... looking at those numbers, even in the girls groups, is dishearthening. It is really a huge gap and, they seem like immovable objects. Everything is set in stone. Anyways, what KARA should be doing and improving is what they've been doing lately: Having great songs with great lyrics and choreography. A lot of it depends on DSP, if they give the girls the tools to work with,they can forge ahead and continue blazing a path to greatnes. That's my hope, but is doable. The way I see it they have a gap to fill (the hiatus) which robbed them of precious time, but now they're arriving at their full potential. I,m keeping the faith. I too say. This is my first and last. HA HA. :tongue:

But who knows. :(

Thanks for sharing the rankings list :D

I'm a fan of f(x) as well but I didn't expect them to rank higher than Kara? Their 1st year anniversary just passed a week ago but Kara's been around for quite a while now. I kinda expected it to be higher considering they've been around for 3 years now.

No doubt that the number of Korean Kamilias are increasing but I'm hoping that it reaches above 100k.

And I always knew that they were among the ones at the higher rankings (girl-group wise) and I'm definitely happy with that ^_^ Number 5 ain't bad but in all honesty, I expected them to be number 2 or 3 with WoKaSo

Only if the international Kamilias were able to help...

I'm hoping this new album hauls in a couple of tens of thousands of new Kamilias LOL. If that's possible... xD

Thanks for sharing the rankings list :D

I'm a fan of f(x) as well but I didn't expect them to rank higher than Kara? Their 1st year anniversary just passed a week ago but Kara's been around for quite a while now. I kinda expected it to be higher considering they've been around for 3 years now.

No doubt that the number of Korean Kamilias are increasing but I'm hoping that it reaches above 100k.

And I always knew that they were among the ones at the higher rankings (girl-group wise) and I'm definitely happy with that ^_^ Number 5 ain't bad but in all honesty, I expected them to be number 2 or 3 with WoKaSo

Only if the international Kamilias were able to help...

I'm hoping this new album hauls in a couple of tens of thousands of new Kamilias LOL. If that's possible... xD

Here's a thing, number of fanclub members is NOT equal to popularity. There are millions of people in Korea, you can have casual fans beyond your fanclub. And KARA excels in this.

F(x) has a big amount in fanbase because they are under SM - and I swear a lot of their fans are SONEs as well. I think it's pretty much obvious that KARA>f(x) in popularity, f(x) has never sold more than them and f(x) don't do really well in charts, I'm not saying that they are not popular.

It's different to be popular in your fanclub and being MAINSTREAM. KARA hit mainstream because of Mister, other groups have yet to reach that.

And if this would matter, KARA gets paid a lot more in their performances too:

idolschart.jpg

^definitely.... KARA is more popular than f(x) in Korea.

and in terms of album sales we out do them too. :) if you guys remembered we currently rank 9 in the first half of album sales.

and on that top 10 theres only 3 girl groups that made the top 10.

thats SNSD, KARA and T-ara :)

1. SuJu 4th Album A ver. + B ver. + repack 185,254

2. SNSD 2nd Album + repack 167,017

3. 2AM 1st mini Album + repack 48,264

4. SS501 (special+normal) 37,387

5. Rain 1st mini Album 33,878

6. 2PM 3rd Single 29,609

7. B2ST 2nd mini Album 24,404

8. KARA 3rd mini Album 23,358

9. Verandah Project (Kim Dong Ryul/Lee Sang Soon) 21,172

10. T-ara 1st Album + repack 18,688 Total sales since last year = 25,721

cr: Hanteo

this is real interesting, i didn't know there's a paid chart (kinda).

so first column was the appearance fee? oh members in bigger groups suffered while their companies banked in lots.

hmm.. turn out that our girls are still being well paid.

lol, so this is the most important chart of all. hahah.

hmm.that's chart..don't know why,but it looks weird for me, looking at the ranks..

but if it's true, then it's a great news then ^^

stanley

YG is an unique one, they have a different approach, although it's may not be the best or all, but i like their way..

lets pray that the new MV will be great :)

but it's better to put our expectation lower, so we won't be too disappointed and if it turns out good, we can more rejoiced because of it :P

I think I agree with most common things that many others also want:

1. More vocals! I want strong/beautiful songs where our girls can show off their vocal skills more on stage.

2. More ballads in the album resembling the first blooming.

3. Awesome dance choreography as good/even better than Lupin.

4. Interesting MV PLEASE! I really like the idea of a drama MV with one of the girls acting, or even just MVs with more......"quality" ?? Not saying that their previous MV were low quality, but something....even better/awesome....(I have lost what I am trying to say...)

5. And hopefully these will help Kara to have a BIG increase in their popularity/fan base.

6. Please be HEALTHY! I worry about Seungyeon's injury and whether the girls can handle the tight schedules.

Always hoping for KARA to become the #1 girl group!!!!

Edited by Mellie

Here's a thing, number of fanclub members is NOT equal to popularity. There are millions of people in Korea, you can have casual fans beyond your fanclub. And KARA excels in this.

F(x) has a big amount in fanbase because they are under SM - and I swear a lot of their fans are SONEs as well. I think it's pretty much obvious that KARA>f(x) in popularity, f(x) has never sold more than them and f(x) don't do really well in charts, I'm not saying that they are not popular.

It's different to be popular in your fanclub and being MAINSTREAM. KARA hit mainstream because of Mister, other groups have yet to reach that.

Not that I ever said the word "popularity" in my previous post but I completely understand you ^^ I was just curious as to why f(x) ranked higher (meaning higher numbers) than Kara, not necessarily f(x) being more popular cause of course, our girls are more popular. But that totally makes sense. Many Sones are f(x) fans as well.

As for the paid chart, I didn't even know there was one lol. And it's very interesting to see them way up there above SuJu too! Makes me wonder where all the money goes... O_O

Thanks for sharing that ^_^