[2010.11.17] Korean 4th Mini Album [Jumping]

red4summer

I checked back in this thread to post some other things I wanted to say but it seems everyone has stated most of what I wanted to say! I didn't think much about the choreography and the MV. But the things you guys said are what I'd want too! :D

Only if DSP heard our opinions... it would be great if our opinions were heard and considered by them.

But I'm sooo excited for the teasers and comeback....

I'm a bit brain dead right now so I forgot what other things I wanted to say. Gonna be here in this thread a lot of times ^_^

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i forgot to mention the other 2 more wishes of mine posted somewhere sometime ago;

- to include an english song. it'll reach out & embrace more new fans faster. for once, we don't have to worry about the translation. lol.

- mv shooting under wet background. who can forget the effect after the wonkwang university performance? i want a repeat. :P

by the time the mini-album is released, i would have known kara for a solid year. though i missed revolution comeback, i was lucky to participate lupin comeback as my first. with more fans now as compared to lupin, i wish this mini will be beyond all descriptive expressions. :)

I don't exactly know who are from staff/moderation

just see us the same as every other one else like the rest, the simplest fans whom for the common reason mass gather daily without fail & spazz about every updates.

dark fairy tale but with a evil/dark twist

hahah, i like this suggestion too. pretty good chance that dsp may not move too far away from lupin concept but perfecting it with surprises.

I feel that if this mini-album can include a track that contains each of these concepts, then it'll be a big success as there will be at least one track for everybody to enjoy.

lol. in that case with all the great creative minds here, 2 full album may be just enough.

Okay so i was kindof lazy and haven't said what i wanted for the comeback nor read all of you guy's posts x3 so I'll just tell want I want for the comeback first ^^

MV: A storyline. Seriously, I pictured Lupin as them stealing diamonds or something like that and sexy glares and sneaky-ness x3 I'll only be dissappointed in the MV if it's just close ups and the dance. Wanna had a storyline but I didn't really get it. Like, why'd they trash his house if he just tripped and stuff like that x3 I'm kindof picturing a dark swamp or some gloomy setting x3 And a hot guys. LOOL. Something empowering. Like the girls dissing the guys or something like that x3 Okay I'm asking for too much. All I want is a meaningful MV that would make me want to watch over and over. [i have so many ideas and fans here have so many great ideas and it makes me wonder if DSP has research and development or creative people working at the company x3]

Song: oh please let it be good. They can make the MV crappy if they make a really good song. *knock on wood about the MV being crappy* I still haven't heard one Kara song that I really like that's a title song. Kara has some really good songs but, I think some title songs aren't really title song material x3 Lupin was goood but it was happy and dark at the same time? Their best title song is Break It and Secret World. Seriously where are those song writers? no offence to pd jaeho(sp?) his songs are kindof simple? Like the chorus would be exciting and loud but then when Kara girls start to sing the melody gets simplier? LOL I'm not a music wiz, this is just how I see things x3 I'm asking too much but the song to me is VERY important. Please let it be good!!!!! And not too much techno like SHINee's Lucifer. That's not music(again just me) :I

Concept: I don't ask much for this. their outfits aren't that much of a problem(mostly x3). I kindof picture the dark fairy too x3 But I think they might go with a really dark concept this time. Kindof like heavy metal concept but prettier. lol. I just don't want it to be bad, too sexy, or the concept is really unique. I notice a pattern with DSP too. They kindof just change the colors. or give them something new when something new pops up x3 Lupin outfits started out a little too much fabric but the new ones like with boots and stuff, look really nice ^^

Choreography: Nothing too weird or awkward. Lupin dance was half cool, half weird but I got use to it and I even do the dance when no ones looking x3 I noticed something. That when it comes to solo sings parts Kara girls just strike a pose. 1/4 of the dance is like them posing x3 I want a hard routine but it's alright if it not that hard x3 ^^ I just don't want them posing xD I'm kindof worried that they might make an awkward dance move now that dsp found out that the choreography is important after mister butt dance xD

Other: I think Kara has good vocals now. I think it's just the back-up vocals that are too loud and Kara has soft voices thus people say that their vocals aren't strong enough. I hope this comeback they try to prove Kara's vocal skills or make it even stronger ^^ I mean what happened to the people that produced Kara4? Why'd they suddenly think that singing isn't important now that they've figured out that dancing and looks are kindof important too? They rarely focus on singing. Why can't DSP equal out Kara's talents, looks, skills, and personality(like focus on all of them equally)?!?! Hopefully this comeback can change non-kamilias mind and prove that they CAN sing. And I'm watching out for DSP's promoting techniques. There's a way to promote in Korea, it's just harder. Hopefully special stages?? ^^ keke.

Even though I start during the era of Honey, I find "The First Blooming" very appealing. It grows on me over time. I like the song "secret world" and their other slow songs are great. I am pretty surprised that Kara could sing like that. The slow songs that kind of made you relax and sometimes sad. A new concept is good but for companies maximum profits are also important. It is sometimes inevitable for them to go with something that appeal to most people. This may be a hit or miss depending on the location. Sometimes going mainstream and general could get many people to like them. These people are usually casual listeners. Downside is they may remain that way and not be a fan.

By making something special we Kara can get a loyal following. I believe making something special that is not being thought of is a better choice rather than conventional techniques that are sure to work especially for Japan saturated music industry. Japanese music industry require something fresh and ground-breaking.

This is my first time waiting for the release of something totally new. I am excited too. ^_^ For my wishes for the new album lets start with the most obvious one.

1. I wish there is something more included in the album to make what I am paying even better. I want additional pages of photos of Kara in the album. I want the girls to write something more in their Japanese album. Give a dvd with more content and hopefully English subtitles.

2.Give each member a distinct and unique image. This would highlight how special each member are. Maybe each member should get their own distinctive tracks for them to sing? Like giving one member to sing the majority of one song. Like that you can say that this song belongs to this member and this song belongs to this member . That is a bit radical, right? But it would make it a bit special.

3. I agree with giving them equal distribution but my previous suggestion slightly contradicts? The previous is one way of doing it. Some of you said that Hara is not given enough chance in Lupin. One of friends said that Lupin is a Hara song as the lyrics Hallo, Hallo sounds like Hara, Hara. :P They are cheering for Hara. So Hara play a significant role in it. :lol: That aside I agree that she is not getting enough part to sing. She is just the background and not being "brought forward" but she still play a significant role in the dance as she leads the emergency exit dance. So in a way it is quite equal but then again music is about voice and dance happens only on stage.

4. Give me something that can make me fall in love madly again :wub: and give me a deep impression. Giving them an mv where it rains and they get wet is a good suggestion. I want something like that.

5. I want the girls to be happy and enjoying what they are doing. You would not want to feel forced right?

6. I kind of wish they bring the concept of First Blooming back but I think that is a bit early now as the dark Lupin concept can be taken even further. Lupin is not as dark as it was thought to be. It quite cheerful but I like it.

7 I want people to love them for the long term not just listen and forget.

I think that is all for me now. I think more are coming later. This is one of thread where I have to really think. I usually easily accept whatever Kara come out with.

Edited by Palaverist

It would be great if someone from DSP get to somehow read these posts here. That would be the smart thing to do, that is if they haven't already made up their mind about the new minialbum.

Even if they have started already is a good thing for them to try to find out what some of the fans are thinking. There are pretty good ideas here, including a song in English is a great one. There are many interesting suggestions as to the mv, the vocalizations, choreography, etc, that are too good to pass. :)

So I just hope that the smart people of DSP are listening (reading?)to the fans here at KH :thumbup:

For this album, I'm hoping for..

1) A creative concept. I LOVE how Lupin was based on a fictional character and maybe the next album could be based on a historical or fictional character again?(...)

AND I WANT A HaNi DANCE BREAK!

I totally agree! A creative concept like Lupin and a HaNi dance break would be perfect~~

Oh yes the MV is an important factor too. Please, DSP, no more cheap sets and please give us an awesome MV that has a storyline! :D

PLEASE DSP, PLEASE! The girls deserve a TRUE SET and an AWESOME MV! OMG, look at karaya, the debut in Japan and etc, ah? So much money right now u_

So far, I believe their only contribution is Nicole's rap lyrics. I wish to see 1 of their own-written songs someday.

well, i understand that this is just ur own opinion but having kara writing their own songs wont be easy... cos kara has to have a strong grasp of music first and i dont think any one of them is great at music :sweatdrop: its just that composing songs is actually much more difficult than we think.

And I also forgot.... :rolleyes:

I know awards are not that important but I want them to win some

The one I really wish them to win is the Triple crown on Inkigayo

Because they have never made it until yet

OH YES!!! :w00t:

cos kara already has MCD Triple Crown with Honey, Mubank Triple Crown with Lupin and all that's left is Inki!! WOOTS didnt think of that till u brought it up. and kara certainly deserves an inki triple crown!!!

but for me,

i just want this comeback to bring kara to a whole new level, like what happened to SNSD with Gee. i know that Revolution officially solidified them as one of the top groups, and Lupin simply brought their popularity further, but this time I want something more!! our girls deserve it all right... and i bet u all agree with me!!!!!

but if u ask me, i rly hope to see more challenging choreography this time round. c'mon peeps!!! give kara something rly hard, and impress everyone wif their awesome dancing talents cos we fans just know that they can pull it off!!!! especially HaNi!!! and woots i think that a HaNi dance break would be perfect too!!! <3

ok i admit not only triple inki, i'm actually looking for triple treble instead because..

in years to come, people will only remember the number of crowns & the sales numbers. except fans, nobody will remember how they were once fantasized by kara. this is the reality in our galaxy. selfishly my wish for the next generation(s) to legendly see kara as the undisputed & prominent ambassador to korean music. (i want to say humanity but it's too much. heheh.) i want the girls to be remembered by non-fans as the first group who have tried and succeeded in all thinkable concepts. it will be spiritually enlightening when the "day" finally arrives, they are to end with the original in first blooming. it'll be the time to rejoice when justice is done. :)

MV: A storyline. Seriously, I pictured Lupin as them stealing diamonds or something like that and sexy glares and sneaky-ness x3 I'll only be dissappointed in the MV if it's just close ups and the dance. Wanna had a storyline but I didn't really get it. Like, why'd they trash his house if he just tripped and stuff like that x3 I'm kindof picturing a dark

Well, the Wanna mv did it for me. i got it. to me it was a lighthearted and funny story, yes they trashed his apartment :lol: They broke his leg :lol::lol: they went through all his belongings :sweatdrop: BUt it does carry a message Dont't mess with the KARA girls.

Yes he tripped, Gyuri saw him but said nothing :tongue: He's supposed to pay attention while talking to Ji young,no less.

We see that when the connection is broken, Nicole (who was reading a book) gets up and asks "what happenned?" From them on she takes charge of the situation, she is the one who goes through the window of his apartment and then lets the other girls in through the door. She even sacared the bird by sticking her tonge out :thumbup1:

Yes,they basically destroyed his apartment :lol: and all is in fun.

Again the message is Do not mess with us! :w00t: It is all a Fantasy. Girls getting together and saying "what should we do with him to get his attention? :lol:

And.. at the end Ji Young gets her way she gets to put her mark on his cast., :wub:

Anyway I really liked this mv. I watch it all the time.

Let us just hope that they come up with something really great. The girls are up to the task. They demonstrated it already :wub:

I'm really hoping and praying to God that Kara makes their best comeback to date. I feel that its definitely time for Kara to shine. It would be a great follow up after the success in Japan. I want them to win and rise to the top despite of the competition against 2NE1 and other groups. That way, Kara will be remembered by many people including non-fans.

It's not a wrong thing for me to want Kara to succeed right?

I thought quite long about this. This is actually my very first anticipation of a KARA comeback - my KARA fandom (and KPop also in general) started just abit after the Lupin comeback but since I've immersed myself and found so many great things about KPop and KARA in general to the point that I now own a copy of almost every album (if i consider Limited Editions and normal editions to be the same album).

Personally, i liked KARA alot the first time i saw them, but what really pushed me into being a huge fan was actually their history. From their first debut Break It and the First Bloooooming album, to now, KARA has been through alot and achieved so much.

So for me what I look forward to for this album would be:

- A more musically-strong album

- For Hara and Jiyoung to further develop their underused vocals.

- A stronger concept that would be able to pull new fans in and to show that Lupin was not just a one-off transformation

- More input into their music from the girls (they've been around the block awhile now and deserve the chance to bring more of themselves into their music)

- Alot more love for them from all the fans like us!

A more musically-strong album

This is another point.

Except for Lupin, the others songs of Lupin's mini album sounds like the Revolution's songs, aren't? I love both albums, of course. But would be good if KARA bring something new.(:

Even bring some old songs with a new musicality. Can you imagine a new version to Secret World, If U Wanna, Break it?

^I'm not sure about the exact date. But it's at the end of September. That's all I know.

I'm really hoping for a very strong and unique concept. They need something really great for them to be able beat the tough competition out there. Aahh I really can't help but feel a bit of worry. 2NE1 is a very tough competition...

But I believe in these girls. Best nikcuf five!

i had a feeling that this album will be awasomely bring kara to higher level.

imagine what DSP will do after seeing their massive debut in Japan, oh man, they broke the 50k barrier, it means they are pretty super popular there.

and to got top rank in various charts there, they were only debuting for 7 days, but the impact?

more than a month i guess :whistling:

and the recent MV, 2Me

hara has a solo line! and their vocal, esp jing are awasomely improving a lot!!

but on the other side ham is getting less :crying:

and then gyul's little rap at the beginning.

there are some good signs, no? :D

looks like DSP is listening to all of our rants :P

cmon DSP, be smarter! make mid-late 2010 to be totally kara's year!

wow awesome thread. i cant wait for their comeback too. when i first found out about kara, i totally fell in love with them. got their previous albums quick and pre ordered lupin with no hesitation. well what i would like from this album is:

1. a great mv. i want something like wanna. a video with a story line. like what yg does for big bang (last farewell, haru haru, wedding dress, etc.) a mv with a story line is a must.

2. like most said, distribution of lines. hara got a sweet voice. like in the new song they got for that online game. hara voice pulled me closer to kara. and more of nicoles rapping. she very good at that.

3. a great ballad. one that would draw in new fans and make old fans feel closer to them emotionally.

4. a collobartion/ duet would be so awesome. it would be even better if they got to do it with a member from big bang.

5. last but not least. let kara be even more recognized around the world. i know they are pretty popular in japan (IY ep 37) but it would be nice if they would get more well known in US.

well best of luck to our girls. i know this mini album would be great.

and the recent MV, 2Me

hara has a solo line! and their vocal, esp jing are awasomely improving a lot!!

but on the other side ham is getting less :crying:

and then gyul's little rap at the beginning.

there are some good signs, no? :D

looks like DSP is listening to all of our rants :P

cmon DSP, be smarter! make mid-late 2010 to be totally kara's year!

^Exactly how I feel! I was so happy about 2Me and it did seem like DSP heard some of us lol. I don't mind that Ham got less lines than usual cause she still has some lines. 2Me was more balanced in terms of line distribution. All parts were great and I love it!^^

These are definitely good signs and I hope DSP does a great job with the songs. Wouldn't it be awesome if Kara's success in Japan was followed by huge success in Korea? I would faint from joy if it happened. And hopefully it does^-^

Ahhhh I can't wait!

I really want Kara to focus on Japan. But I think DSP won't let Korea go unless Kara's a huge success there(I don't blame him x3) I mean Kara's popularity has just been starting. All of the girls are regulars(I mean there's only five girls and they're MC-ing, DJ-ing, regulars on a variety show) And Seungyeon was suppose to step up into the next popularity phase which was acting but couldn't cuz of Japan debut. Kara's becoming real deal artists. Not to mention they're the best candidates for endorsing games.

What I'm saying is I hope this mini album is a HUGE success so Kara can focus on Japan.(that's why I'm hoping the song is really good XD) But something is telling me that it will be kindof like Revolution promotions.........(knock on wood) hopefully it won't be true.

Oh and I haven't finished my want list x3

I WANT(lol selfisshhhh x3):

1. Hara to gain some confidence in singing and sing louder. Cuz Hara has a good voice just very soft. And if she sings louder THEN I'll ask for more lines from her, cuz there's no point in singing more lines if she's not gonna improve her singing.

2. Nicole more lines :P I mean for pete's sakes she only did adlibs(especially for the Me2 song) And Nicole knows how to sing so she should get as much as Jiyoung or Seungyeon.

3. Jiyoung to sing a little better(like sing louder and not cut the words short) I really like jiyoung's voice and it would be better if she can finish her line...

4. For the back up vocals not to be loud.

5. Or maybe no back up vocals at all :DD

6. Gyuri to rap. (PLEASE.PLEASE.PLEASE LET HER RAP >_<)

7. No simple songs. If you hear the instrumental version of Lupin it sounds so weird and Wanna too.

8. Not too much eyeliner. XD It looks nice but ehhh. I'd rather see less eye make up.

Yeah, sorry for the constructive criticism(sp?) I just want people to see Kara's talent more :T

Edited by nerdxissa

^i really think DSP did a good thing of not giving up on Korea and just focusing on Japan.. and i don't have to worry about their Japanese future promotion cuz effin UMJ amazes me on so many ways! they are DAEBAK!

What I want in the album:

- hoping that Hara gets more singing lines <--- this is prolly my ultimate wish for the next coming album.

- i want Gyul to rap and leave the adlib to my Wife and Nicole.

- more unique and fierce dance choreography cuz seriously i'm kinda disappointed about Lupin's choreo.. they were just basically combining all the dance moves from previous MV's and whatnot.. or at least thats what it looked like.

- i've mention this in another thread hopefully they'll do a follow up song even tho it's only a mini album and i want it to be a ballad track.

- i really want an acoustic song from KARA cuz hearing their cover of Gil from GOD gave me goosebumps and HARA's singing was win!

- No more smokey eye make up please!! i really hate lupins make up concept. especially for Gyul.. i think only nicole and jing suits the smokey eye make up. i prefer the Honey days make up!

- lastly, i just want all Kamilia to enjoy the new album in the making.. the girls are already making us proud!

I bought First Blooming when it was released and have followed them ever since. They're my favorite Korean band overall! That said...I'd really like to see a return to The First Blooming style. Not entirely...but perhaps somewhere between the visual concept of Lupin mixed with the music style of The First Blooming. The cute image is old, thanks to 2008-2009s WG/SNSD/etc. The sexy image is being overdone these days, though. Someone mentioned a dark fairy tale type of thing...if the song selection can match that image I think it would be amazing.

I'm not really concerned about the MV except that it matches the concept. I'd hope a live performance can also be visually conceptual and they show they are enjoying themselves.

Okay so if you don't know yet. Kara is gonna comeback on Oct. 1

At first when I read the tweet I was like 3 weeks? That's looongg. And then I was like wait. 3 weeks? That means they'll only perform 9 times(not including other music programs just music bank, music core, and mnet countdown)

Isn't this like Kara's shortest promotion time? Hmmmm, I'm really wondering if DSP doesn't care about Kara getting awards anymore.. Cuz they actually told how long they'll promote.

Like if they win the triple crown on inki(which is what I REALLY want) and inki is like 2 weeks late(last time I checked, correct me if I'm wrong), then wouldn't they be absent if they win their third triple crown or maybe even third and second triple award?

hmmmmm, I wonder if this has to do with their success in Japan, I mean they did say they didn't expect Kara to be so popular(or maybe that's just something they said and didn't really mean) Cuz Kara's Mister is still selling x3 They'll probably break 60k by next week or if we're lucky this week.

Just a thought, I wonder if they're really gonna make Kara into a jpop group(but I don't want them to leave Korea yet...) My prediction is IF they'll really make Kara into a jpop group the next single will be an original japanese song. OR if UMJ, does something outrageously unexpected x3. (btw, by "turn kara into a jpop group", I mean focus more on japan but probably only have one comeback a year and reject the chances to be regulars on a variety show;; something like that XD Just making sure you guys don't think that I meant making Kara into an all jpop group and never comeback to Korea XDD)

Anyways just thinking why the promotion was so short x3

Edited by nerdxissa

i'm truly surprised though more of disappointment. not sure if it's concrete but 3 weeks? are they telling the korean fans to give their all in supporting the girls before missing them going back to japan for promotion? are they placing the >50k sales higher than the local's or the root? 3 weeks? it's not even half of lupin's (plus the sinking accident). guys, let's hear from you too.

@nerdxissa

you're right, inki is 1 week lag from the rest.