[2010.09.07] Kara, although Seungyeon is injured, participates in the Wave Dream Concert

mae

Although member Han Seungyeon had a vertebral fractures, the group Kara is still scheduled to attend Wave Dream Concert.

An official of Kara had a conversation with Asia Economic News in Sports Today on the 7th and said that during the Wave Dream Concert only 4 members of Kara will be on the stage.

He added that due to Seungyeon's injury everything is being rescheduled and that everyone is sorry that all 5 members will not be able to be on the stage.

This ceremony is a special event to commemorate four Korean Association of Corporate Entertainment producers, the Commission visiting Korea, Gyeonju of Gyeonsangbukdo (road in Korea(?)), and Ministry of Culture.

Meanwhile Super Junior, 2PM, 2AM, 2NE1, Seven, 4Minute, Beast, Son Dam Bi, Kara, After School, Miss A, FT Island, Supernova, Davichi, T-ara, MBlaq, U-Kiss, Secret, Flower, Seo In Gook, Eru, Nine Muses, Shinee, and more will be participating in this event.

T/N: I seriously have no idea what Gyeonsangbukdo is, but Gyeonju is probably a name.

* The concert will be on the 12th.

Source: http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2010090714521686368

Translated by holyknight @ Karaholic.com

DO NOT REMOVE CREDITS WHEN TAKING OUT.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, I guess this will be the first time Kara will be performing without a member on stage ... the girls will do fine like usual.

That's a lot of artists performing too. Anyways, I hope Seung Yeon gets a lot of rest and re energize for their comeback in November!

tbh i'd rather them not to perform...as hara said...

when they're all together its stronger.

anyways ill be hoping for fancams.

and hammie get well soon,we'll be waiting : D

btw...who's gonna take hammies part?jiyoung?

well they kinda sound the same sometimes xD

or no one?

Even though it sucks to only have 80% of the group perform, it's good to see Ham taking a break from the concert to heal her injury, and I believe the girls will perform extra hard on stage for Ham's sake. As long as she's resting and healing, I would much prefer a delayed comeback than her possibly re-aggravating the injury.

On a semi-related note, that's one hell of a lineup ^^.

it isn't severe but she really needs some rest..it involves her vertebrae!not seeing her @ wave dream concert is better than not seeing her @ all,,:( if u've seen their mnet radio guesting, the fortune teller was so right in many things like their fame, and health as well..get well soon hammie!

tbh i'd rather them not to perform...as hara said...

when they're all together its stronger.

anyways ill be hoping for fancams.

and hammie get well soon,we'll be waiting : D

btw...who's gonna take hammies part?jiyoung?

well they kinda sound the same sometimes xD

or no one?

Pretty sure they signed a contract or something, so they can't get out of it.

KARA has performed before without Nicole, should be fine. They can cover for each other.

Most likely Nicole will cover Seungyeon's part, esp. if they're doing Lupin, since their lines are next to each others (and I totally could not differentiate Ham's voice from Nicole's but I could pick out Nicole's very well in the beginning of my fandomness /gets bricked).

D:

Honestly, though, if they're getting paid for it...girls gotta earn a living, you know? And they love performing, so let's not do 5-1=0 now.

poor hammie shes so fragile! i mean how many times did this girl got injured! i think its the hills (lol jk) but anyways it suck that only 4 of them are performing well atleast their performing right?? get well fast SY!

Poor Hammie.. this news still saddens me. It's alright that Kara's still performing without Seungyeon. It's better if all five are on (of course) but Kara shouldn't be stopped even if one member is missing. Seungyeon can rest and that's what she needs to most. Hoping for a speedy recovery...

Kara fighting!

Seungyeon fighting!

Yes,right now the most importanr thing is for Seung Yeon to rest and heal, but as they say, the show must go on. It is very important for KARA to be out there and they'll do their best for SI. They'll do what they must to represent the whole group, until she's back. :(

Sigh. Seungyeon not performing for Lupin is just plain weird. I'm so used to her singing her lines that it will be unusual to see. I hope Seungyeon is feeling okay...Not just physically but emotionally and mentally as well. I hope that Seungyeon will rest a lot and that the girls will still perform well together on stage.

i'm happy to see the girls are performing again but its gonna look empty without ham /=

and i'm pretty sure the girls are exhausted from all their schedules.

i was hoping dsp would've let the other members rest with seungyeon too

KARA&Seungyeon fighting!! <3

Yeah I think Nicole will just cover SY parts. She covered Hara's parts before and SY parts are usually the same as Nicole. The dance is sort of hard to change though, but they will figure it out... f(x) did when Amber got injured. I am sure they were contractually obligated to perform.

maybe the feel will be different if seungyeon is not there.. nevertheless, if they decided to still participate in it without seungyeon, I will give them my full support!!

Hopefully they deliver a great performance!!

Omg, a vertebral fracture. That is actually quite a serious injury.

Best of luck to Ham and hope she gets the best medical care possible. After all she's done for KARA and DSP, the least DSP could do is to give her quality medical care so she can recover quickly and well.

Get well soon Ham!!!!

I'm actually GyulColeJiRa are going without Seungyeon and giving her time to rest from her spinal fracture. I know it'll never be the same without Seungyeon performing, but it's the best solution they can come up with given the current situation. Rest well, Ham! Please get well soon and don't overwork and overstrain yourself >_>

well, im happy that hammie isnt participating in this event, cos she really has to rest. spine damage can be very serious, so it would be better for her to just recover. of course kara wouldnt be the same without seungyeon, but health definitely comes first.

but omg so many groups are going...

oh dammit korean fans are the luckiest after all