[Hamtastic] Hamtori's extended celebrity family!

Ajussi

Hey all,

Just thought this piece of info was interesting and wanted to share it with folks here. Recently I watched a Chuseok episode of a show called "Prestige of Lineage(?)" (가문의 내력 in Korean), where the fellow girl group Secret was featured... pretty much what this show does is tracking down the family tree history of the guests. And this is where I discovered something very surprising... Secret's Han Sunhwa is actually a cousin (not the first cousin but second cousin or something along the lines) of Seungyeon! They're both of the Cheongju Han family tree, which only consists of a single clan and is relatively small in terms of size compared to some other families. This is really interesting parallel because I always found some similarities in how they both rose to fame and contributed to their own groups... remember how Seungyeon made countless appearances in TV variety shows during the days when Kara weren't too famous? Sunhwa has been doing pretty much the same thing for Secret. And I always thought they're both witty in a similar way, too. It looks like persistence and effort runs in the family!

The Cheongju Han clan has many other famous celebrities as well, however. Some of the more famous ones include:

- Actresses Han Hye Sook, Han Hye Jin, Han Go Eun, Han Hyo Joo (From hit drama Dongyi)

- Han Eun Jung (You may remember her from dramas like Full House and Cinderella Man)

- Actor Han Jin Hee

- Comedian Han Min Kwan (from Gag Concert; SNSD fans may also remember him from an episode from Hello Baby)

Another interesting fact is that this family line apparently produced the most Queens in the old Joseon Dynasty from Korea, which lasted from 1392-1910. So obviosly she's from a family that has a lot of prestige and pedigree over history.

Pretty cool huh? :D

Edited by xichigo
please tag your topic next time. (:
  • Like 1

Woah, that's a piece of Korean history right there. The Han clan is great indeed :D

Remember in the other show (Hahamong) where they showed Ham's room and the sword her father made in there? It was then found that her father was one of a very few left still making these swords. Wow, their family has many national treasures not least of all Ham herself a treasure to all Kamilia's everywhere :)

• Like 1

Oh wow I never knew Seungyeon came from such a prestigious line of family! Produced the most Queens? If lots of her ancestors married into the royal family (I'm assuming that's what it means by producing Queens), that means Seungyeon has some royal blood in her. Very interesting indeed.

Sunhwa is related to Seungyeon? OH WOW I never would've been able to guess! Now that you've mentioned it, the parallelism between Secret and Kara becomes quite noticeable. Back when Secret debuted I've always thought that they resembled Kara4 a little. (:

Wow, their family has many national treasures not least of all Ham herself a treasure to all Kamilia's everywhere :)

+1

holy cow, that is some interesting facts. we first have a goddess and now we found out that we have a princess :D

i was also looking the cheongju clan up and even found that Joe Hahn, DJ in Linkin Park is related to them too.

Edited by dragontruong

wow this is really interesting ^______^

i didn't see this episode yet [though i really want to keke]

thanks for sharing!

haha yeah. sunhwa is doing a lot of shows like how seungyeon used to! i guess they're pretty similar ^^