[2010.11.10] Japanese 2nd Single [Jumping]

xichigo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first heard Jumping I had mix feelings about it. I wasn't so sure if I'll like it right away but after watching the video of them teaching the simple steps the song has really grown on me & now I'm totally looking forward to the release.

& i wanna see the PV already. The dance if very simple & cute. Very Kara.

I found this on a J-Kamilia's blog:

http://ameblo.jp/with-kakegawa/entry-10683335527.html

My translation might not be that accurate, but what I got out of the article is that KARA performed Jumping for the visually-disabled people on the show, KBS 2TV '徹夜バラエティー夜行性' (don't know what it's called in Korean..) and it'll be broadcasted on October 24. This is the show that the pictures of the girls wearing those yellow kindergarten hats are from. :D Don't quote me on this though. Still waiting for a more complete translation. =/

YESS KARA is going hold a mini live at that lights festival. I was stalking Twitter and seems like a lot of J-Kamilias are excited about it!

^ It states that KARA will reveal their title track to the public for the first time, so I hope it's the full version of "Jumping", and hopefully in Korean too, since it's a Korean show and all. ^^ But I'm not sure if they will be dancing because it states they will be recording the song for the visually-disabled people.

KARA will appear on the show and talk about their feelings on their successful Japanese promotions though. ^^

Whoah Korean Jumping? If they are performing Jumping live, then I hope we get to hear the full version soon!

All the teasers have done enough teasing to get me wanting more and more.

I like the choreo xD I like it even though its cute and simple.

I want to hear the full version already... aaahhhh

^

Soo with you I can't wait for the release of this song already. November come quickly! The choreography for this song may be simple but for me personally I don't care they could just stand there and sing and it's fine by me since the song is more important for me !!! :)

^

sorry maybe the wrong choice of words used? it may seem but we should be glad that the girls have the opportunity to bring joyfulness to those unfortunate ones. it's definitely more pleasing in giving than receiving.

Based on Gee's 2 days sales, there's a possibility that Korean group won't retain their consistent sales as good as their first singles. Though, their first day sales tend to be a lot higher. Simply, it's getting like the normal Japanese single sales pattern.

Gee has the advantage releasing on a slow week, with only 1 JE rookie group as competitor. While Jumping will be released on a crazy week, not only the same week as Arashi and Perfume, but News and Kana Nishino 2nd week + AKB48 3rd week.

Of course sales number is more important than Oricon rank, but you won't get the allkpop's "KARA's storming Japan and snatch #2 on oricon chart" style of article :lol2:

^ It states that KARA will reveal their title track to the public for the first time, so I hope it's the full version of "Jumping", and hopefully in Korean too, since it's a Korean show and all. ^^ But I'm not sure if they will be dancing because it states they will be recording the song for the visually-disabled people.

KARA will appear on the show and talk about their feelings on their successful Japanese promotions though. ^^

Ohh thanks for clearing that up! Seems like they won't be dancing,.. maybe just singing? Anyways, I hope we'll get to hear the full song. (: I'm totally lost as to how "Jumping" is promoted though - the schedule is just all over the place. =/

this pic right?

Yup that pic!

Of course sales number is more important than Oricon rank, but you won't get the allkpop's "KARA's storming Japan and snatch #2 on oricon chart" style of article

................................LOL. we should add a kamilia to be their staff then? :whistling:

the day after tomorrow! full song woooooooooooooooo :eyelove:

Based on Gee's 2 days sales, there's a possibility that Korean group won't retain their consistent sales as good as their first singles. Though, their first day sales tend to be a lot higher. Simply, it's getting like the normal Japanese single sales pattern.

Gee has the advantage releasing on a slow week, with only 1 JE rookie group as competitor. While Jumping will be released on a crazy week, not only the same week as Arashi and Perfume, but News and Kana Nishino 2nd week + AKB48 3rd week.

Of course sales number is more important than Oricon rank, but you won't get the allkpop's "KARA's storming Japan and snatch #2 on oricon chart" style of article :lol2:

Due to the fact that what are essentially international sales count toward the Oricon, I think only time will tell the true market penetration of korean groups into the japanese market. Pattern may be different for the respective groups since they seem to be marketed in a different manner.

As for the release competition, that's an interesting conundrum. Is it better to be releasing on a week when EVERYONE will be paying attention to the charts and coming in 5th or so or being first or second in a week when no one is looking at the charts...

tbh im not worried about akp articles and anyways it's not a very reliable source =.="

but in any case, it DOES seem that k-pop artists' selling patterns are now getting closer to that of japanese idols'. this might be a good thing for all we know, but personally i prefer consistent sales to super-high 1st week sales. but then again, this is j-pop we're talking about here, so i guess it's normal.

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

ehhh? Kara will reveal their title track to Korea w/o Nicole? >_< again cole's schedule is overlapping.

The video that previewed the choreography, I kindof liked it. Cuz seriously, Mister wasn't that hard to dance either. I mean I know some want the dance to be a little harder. But Is there a dance move like that? xD Like if you watch it carefully they're doing hand movements and their feet.

I really like Kara's formations though. I don't know if it's the practice from Mister but when they get into their positions it's so cool :wub:

gosh why is taking so loooongggg to get to November? <_<

I wanna see the mv. once it comes out i'm probably going to see it 20 times, no lie. x3

unless it's like lupin then i'll only see it 5 times. :tongue:

why is burn effect still so calm? why doesn't umj promote bit of it since having 2 new japanese songs are sure win than 1. unless it'll going to surprise all again but really no harm going for 2 promotions at the same time. yup it's rarely done but there's really no lost. no?

^ maybe it's the way it goes in Japan? zero promotion for B-side?

from the start we all heard jumping's song preview and we said it's gonna be a cheerful song, and then suddenly the manager said "why did you cry out too much" to ham and here we go we thought it's gonna be a sad song. LOL, and then kara themself said it's gonna be a fun song.

so which one do you trust? your ears, manager's ambiguous statement, or kara? LOL.

i trust kara here (LOL :eyelove:) so i believe it's gonna be a cheerful song and like i said before, either epilogue or prologue would contain ham's crying scene, or maybe none of them but in the middle of MV?

what i'm gonna say is : sad ain't the theme for Jumping :P

it's all just my randomness that comes from my boredom, forget it :P

Maybe they will release 2 MVs?

Doubt so, unless it's a Double A-side single..

From what I know, Japanese singers don't promote their B-side songs.. They don't sing it in music shows nor do they release a PV for it..

Still curious what 'Burn' will sound like.. hmm..