[2010.11.10] Japanese 2nd Single [Jumping]

xichigo

I think the sales is really good! I mean, we can't compare KARA BEST to Jumping because JUMPING is just a single - Mr vs. Jumping, obviously Jumping did really well! YAY KARA!!!!

1289671702_1114..1.jpg

1289671702_1114..2.jpg

1289671702_1114..4.jpg

1289671702_1114..3.jpg

cr: kara-t

KARA is doing very well! And I believe that they are making their mark in Japan - lots of people know them. Their popularity is not limited to KPOP fans :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

The bonus will be added when the weekly chart is out, so weekly chart number != all daily chart number.

Actually for an idol group, single sold better than album. Take example from the most popular right now, AKB, their latest best album (only) sold 400k, while at that time their single sold around 600k. This also happen to Momusu and other H!P idols, and perfume

But Kara Best somehow outsold Mister...Lol. But maybe its because they haven't been that well known yet. Good sales figures today, I believe the sales will be holding quite steady and we can be looking at our third gold by this year :D Btw, love their butterfly concept, if they bring to music core, more people will spazz hehe.

For a total new song untested in any market, this is awesome. Personally I feel its bigger achievement than Gee although Gee has sold more. But I hope SNSD can come up with new Japanese single and do well too.

Edited by tinaomina

I guess the "bird dance" can be renamed the "butterfly dance"? ^^

I really hope the sales will be "steady", as what tinaomina mentioned. I mean, as the days get closer and closer to Girls Talk's release, wouldn't fans wait for a few more weeks/days to buy the whole package instead, rather than buy a single and then buy the album a few weeks/days later. It would be a waste of money.

Then again, singles tend so sell better than albums, so I hope Kara can keep this up ^^

@Kara4life

I saw those charts and noticed it too! Mostly in Japan forums, i see Kara is more often the discussion of topic now than SNSD. What I think is that if they successfully convert to a Jpop like DBSK, they will be untouchable and differentiated from Kpop groups who just go there for 1 release and come back. It also makes sense and logic to think this way for Kara, who have long been touted as a possible group for J market.

Also, we do not know SNSD sales number that may be bought by Korean/international Sones right? Cause Gee was impressive first day but not sustainable like Jumping

wow i dont know jumping jump to no 1 on oricon chart!!its really surprising..the last i saw jumping stay on rank 5 th on oricon chart..i think the song its really ear cathing and i think the song has really adapted to japanese song..i know a litle because before i know kara im really intersest on j-pop and j rock...i hope the rank did't drop drastically...i really like jumping with japanese version..even though korean version its really nice too..

for SNSD gee and genie jap version i think its a little dindt match with the genre and the korean version its more nice to hear.i hope that only because my bad taste on song..

OMG OMG OMG I'm So Happy ! Let's Jump Higher Kamilia ! So proud of our girls ! and I'm dying to see their comeback perf.. it would be awesome if they wear those wings :eyelove: .. for what I heard at first they said that album sold more than single and now I read viceversa.. :confused1: confused hee hee hee..

well, it depend on artist

solo artist like Namie, Kana tend to sell more album than single

(usually for solo artist casual fan tend to download the song rather than buy CD for single)

band group like mr children,Glay, K-on sold more album than single

idol group like AKB48, Perfume usually tend to sell more single than album

if you see yearly oricon chart, u will see single yearly chart is dominated by idol group

but for album chart, it dominated by solo and band group

Woo! 50+k is definite? Awesome!

So things are going well again for Kara with Jumping. This all makes up for the slight disappointment for the first day lol :sweatdrop:

I'm also clueless about those charts and which is which but whatever it is, it's looking great because Kara's up there xD

Our girls' popularity is still booming! Can't wait to see MuStation effect!

And Kara has become an established group in Japan. "Kara Wave" is daebak :D

I hope in the future they continue to release more in Japan and become a great Jpop group there. But next time, I don't want their schedules to overlap like the Jumping promotions in Japan AND Korea.

Whoa. Sales are increasing even at the middle of the week! Plus the music station with Taylor swift on Friday! Sales will definitely go jumpin jumpin! (forgive me for my corny line lol)

Jumpin is also pulling the old releases back into the oricon chart! Mister is currently at number 24 and Kara best at number 14, then jumping at number 2 :) all the best for our girls!

If KARA manage to get a interview like the last time with NEWS on music station just with Kat-tun this time it would be big. Plus if one of katun members dance butt đance it could be huge again. Plus if nicole interaction with taylor swift, it could also be big for KARA to. So music station would defintely help in the sells. I have a feel that KARA is going to hit 50K this week, and with music staion come up friday, the sells would to go up. Maybe after girls talk is release maybe sells for jumping would go up. I would think that KARA third gold would have to be girls talk and then the fourth gold would have to be jumping. Since most people are like wanting to buy KARA album, since all the song are in japanese, and most of them are brand news song for the japanese, so they would want to buy it. I wouldn't be suprised when this album is release, KARA jumping sells would go up

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

47k so far, seems like Jumping will definitely outsell KARA BEST! :thumbup1:

If I remember correctly, the weekly bonus for KARA BEST was around 2k?

It's unfortunate that KARA didn't appear on Music Station this week, or else the sales might break 55k.

Oh well, they'll appear with KAT-TUN next week and that's all that matters /bricked

One more day to go! Hoping for 4k+ on the last day and 2k-3k on the bonus. :thumbup:

^Hitori-san probably bought 15 singles already to get those solo shot DVDs hahahahahaha. Or bought 30 copies to get two sets of the DVDs - one set to watch and one set to add to his KARA shrine! :wub:

They appeared on a show with Perfume & ske48 yesterday. That should help boost sales.

It should! Hopefully we'll see a rise tomorrow. :D