[2010.11.10] Japanese 2nd Single [Jumping]

xichigo

Maybe it's cause of the lack of hype with SKE? I mean they are popular mostly to AKB fans...but Music Station invites because of hype too right? Not just the sales?

I think its because of less hype surrounding the girls themselves and the fact that they are on a small label that normally does anime music. All the 48s are on different labels so they have different levels of promotion.

Music station has alot to do with hype and popularity, but also it depends on their relationship with the label. Some examples: New Johnnies group are guaranteed a spot since JE is a sponsor, avex getting alan on despite generally poor sales, yu takahashi who was on last week wasn't even in the top 20 in sales

Edited by notsoangelic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, this the complete top 15 today

*1 118,001 KAT-TUN

*2 *86,322 SKE48

*3 *24,262 Kobukuro

*4 AAA

*5 Morning Musume

*6 FT Island

*7 Arashi

*8 Okuro Maki

*9 K-ON

10 K-ON

11 K-ON

12 Ketsumeishi

13 Oda Kazumasa

14 JUJU

15 KARA

With sales like that, SKE can create hype them self, seems like their next single can compete with any JE groups except Arashi.

I can't find how much KARA sold today, anyone?

Edited by eyeless

Yeah I mean KARA being on music staion is defintely a big honor. Most of the korean group I know they appear on music staion at least once, but this would be KARA second time on music staion, and after a week since KARA debut with jumping. That just tell you that KARA is quite popular and defintely the hype. If you think about the other korean group that be invite to music staion at least once, but KARA manage to get on music station twice for each of their single. Just debut like 5 months ago, and they already on music staion twice, they are defintely making they mark in japan. I glad that KARA is still do well, they were a lot of release, but they mănge to still in the top 15. Also with music staion come up maybe they make it back on the top 10

Hopefully on music staion one of the kat tun members do the butt dance just like NEWS. And have a interview with KAT=tun and KARA.

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

@xichigo

So.. without Jin, do you think it will effect KAT-TUN sales? I like this single more but Ninki numbers is lower than Going

As much as I'd hate to say it, KAT-TUN can do fine without Jin. Their sales didn't plummet all that much when Jin went on a hiatus back in 2006. I think KAT-TUN's low sales nowadays is due to the fact that their public image isn't as good as it once was, which is largely due to the negative news about Jin leaving and all that, and not necessarily due to the fact that Jin isn't part of the group anymore. There's a subtle difference there and I'm not sure I'm explaining it well.. hopefully you understand lol. BUT at least CUW sold more than Going on the first day!! That's an improvement~!

today [19 November]

kara sales in #16

kara yesterday sales is 2112

so until now Kara sales :

11/10 #5 20206

11/11 #5 10012

11/12 #4 5623

11/13 #2 5031

11/14 #2 5649

11/15 #2 4535

11/16 #2 2778

11/17 #15 2414

11/18 #17 2112

11/19 #16 ...

*[Without Weekly Bonus]

Edited by donnyhuang

i see ft island haha.

question, how can kara at #13 while perfume at #20? they both appeared on Msta..

kara wave effect? :tongue:

The Msta effect has to do with casual fans picking up interest. Perfume has a rather stable fanbase so it doesn't efect them like when they were a new group. They usually sell about 30k+ after their first week.

The effect also bumped Kara from 11 to 4 for chaku uta full.

Edited by notsoangelic

^ Oo thanks for posting .. KARA overtaken some of the new singles this week already hehe...... I think tomororow will be even better. Judging from it, about 2-3k sales?

no the sales is 1374

and yesterday sales is 1475

so actually no music station effect to boost the sales

i watched perfume on Ontama

i think Ontama is Q&A TV Show

so we can get more information about Kara

577730-1119201063507pm.jpg

can someone translate it?

Perfume say something about Kara??

Edited by donnyhuang