[2010.11.10] Japanese 2nd Single [Jumping]

xichigo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ well yeah. big bang's japanese releases dont sell much and even so they just dont have the same sales consistency as kara's or snsd's. that album which was certified gold only sold 27k 1st week and 58.8k total, so it was lucky to still ship over 100k copies. i guess their music style just doesnt suit j-pop. no offense to anyone, really.

Jumping weekly rank

22 5,061 KARA

===================================

-- *05 *05 *04 *02 *02 *02 05 *54,977

*02 *15 *17 *16 *13 *10 *09 14 *14,938

*** *16 *18 *14 *14 *18 *17 17 **9,462

*12 *24 *23 *16 *15 *16 *20 20 **6,129

*12 *26 *23 *25 *20 *17 *18 22 **5,061

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

total 90567

Edited by pig3head

w00ts we've hit 90k b4 year chart closes.... admittedly this exceeded my expectations so im really happy atm ^0^

and man new releases are coming tomorrow - hopefully jumping doesnt drop below top 30

@elisac0 - according to the news reports, Mr's Gold cert included both sales AND digital downloads. so there wont be 2 separate certs for Mr.

^ really? But the digital download gold certification was already given back in Oct. 20 and physical copy sales right now is on its way to reaching 100k, so if you count both then Mr. is almost platinum? Is there a double gold certification? This riaj thing is confusing lol..

Edited by elisac0

thanks for the daily update, and for the numbers as well, we have 90k, so in 3 weeks we'll see another shiny yellow? :whistling:

as for the RIAJ.

RIAJ Certification

In 1989, the Recording Industry Association of Japan introduced the music recording certification systems. It is awarded based on shipment figures of compact disc or cassette tape which was reported by record labels. In principle, the criteria are limitedly applied to the materials released after January 21, 1989.

Criteria

All music sales, including singles, albums, digital download singles are on the same criteria:

* Gold: 100,000

* Platinum: 250,000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recording_Industry_Association_of_Japan

and

The RIAJ Digital Track chart (RIAJ有料音楽配信チャート, RIAJ Yūryō Ongaku Haishin Chāto?) is chart ranks the best selling digital singles in Japan, provided by the Recording Industry Association of Japan since April 2009. The chart measures cellphone downloads (着うたフル Chaku-Uta Full) (not downloads from PCs, or ringtones (着うた Chaku-Uta)).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIAJ_Digital_Track_Chart

so? :tongue:

Edited by stevenstanley

hmm but the Digital Track Chart is only a chart so there's no certification for digital sales.

i checked AKP and the KH news articles again and there's no mention of digital downloads or whatsoever, so Mr's Gold was purely based on shipments. and @elisac0, shipments does not equal to the number of albums sold. this is from wiki:

Like many record industry awards and rankings, the measurement is usually based on wholesale shipments to all types of retail outlets, not actual retail sales or financial transactions.
Edited by neris
double post

That's really odd. RIAJ has Mister certified as gold only under chaku uta full (http://www.riaj.or.jp/data/others/chart/w101020.html). I don't know why it would say it's counting both. If RIAJ did count both for Kana Nishino's if single would be counted Double platinum overall (it has gold for single, double platinum for download).

@ MizuiroKaze13 The problem is RIAJ hasn't certfied the Mister single as gold even for shipments. It wasn't on this month's updates for certifications for physical singles http://www.riaj.or.jp/data/others/gold/201011.html or previous months.

Edited by notsoangelic

I think jumping is not constient like mister, is because it on GT, so people is buy GT more. Since GT is in their 4 week and they are still in the top 10, so i guess that why jumping doesn't have the same constient it went to GT. Well KARA mister look like they are head toward platinium for mister, i think for like download or something like that. So jumping is on the yearly chart to, wow so everything of KARA is on the yearly chart. Mister, jumping, GT, best album(don't know?). They are head toward the best newcomer award