[2010.11.10] Japanese 2nd Single [Jumping]

xichigo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ROFL you were drunk? Ahh I wish it was true xD

Okay so apparently, Jumping will be released in Korea as well. How is this all gonna work out? Are they making a Korean version for it? And are they promoting it? What about their schedules?? This is getting confusing to me.

I'm more concerned about their possible schedules. I don't want them to be overworked. But the way things are, it seems impossible to avoid.

oh gosh, so confused. but seriously when I first heard they will promote Jumping both in Korea and Japan I thought of their health.

hmmm, seriously can't think of any reason why they would promote in Korea and Japan with the same song... They should've released more info -_-;; Like if the song is going to be in Korean nd other stuff.

DSP/UMJ, Kara's schedule is getting weirder. What are you planning........

Their confidence gained from successively ranking their single and then the best album in Oricon top 5 must have played a part in this bold move.

hmmm, how is this a bold move? Will this be good for Kara? Is this a risky move from what they said "bold move" and "their confidence"

questionss.. anyone have an idea?

japanese remakes so far in honey, pretty girl, wanna, umbrella, mister & yet-to-be-released lupin are mainly for introducing & breaking into new markets with huge potential like the japanese whom we have witnessed. but to remake into korean in hoping to achieve similar expectation, i'm not sure if the reception will be as awesome.

personally i want every song to be unique, that means only one version. in my view, continuing jumping promotion into korea means spreading & sharing kara new success with their "home". i believe its promotion scale will be scaled down.

as fans, we're adjustable to whatever decision they (dsp/umj) made but it's the non-fans that i'm most worried about. i want kara popularity to raise tremendously in korea so i certainly don't want any plan which may backfire it. they're the experts so we can only pray, for our 5 girls.

^everyone's guess (jpn lupin) is the bonus track, else to be included into the japanese album which can be its selling point. or it can be the jumping remake but highly unlikely because it's too hot just to be a bonus track.

btw why no one spazz about burn yet? unconfirmed? lol.

^ heehee, i really wanted to hear burn(sounds hot already). But got the version with the photobook already.

i want burn to be an original. Not Lupin, they can use that somewhere else x3

anyways since my post is a little useless; i'll do what I can only do, update preorder ranking xD

pre-order ranking:(can't cap it since this comp. can't show japanese characters, blehhh)

09.30.2010 version A #1, version B #6, version C #8

10.01.2010 version A #1, version B #4. version C #7

10.02.2010 version A #1, version B #4, version C #9

10.03.2010 version A #1, version B #9, not there :(

10.04.2010 version A #5, version B #8, probably not coming back xD

Tower Records has "Kara(Korea)" as the name of the artist x3 maybe Kara should get a japanese group name xD or put Kara as Japanese letters instead of "KARA"; just a thought x3

^ heehee, i really wanted to hear burn(sounds hot already). But got the version with the photobook already.

i want burn to be an original. Not Lupin, they can use that somewhere else x3

anyways since my post is a little useless; i'll do what I can only do, update preorder ranking xD

pre-order ranking:(can't cap it since this comp. can't show japanese characters, blehhh)

09.30.2010 version A #1, version B #6, version C #8

10.01.2010 version A #1, version B #4. version C #7

10.02.2010 version A #1, version B #4, version C #9

10.03.2010 version A #1, version B #9, not there :(

10.04.2010 version A #5, version B #8, probably not coming back xD

Tower Records has "Kara(Korea)" as the name of the artist x3 maybe Kara should get a japanese group name xD or put Kara as Japanese letters instead of "KARA"; just a thought x3

:thumbup: Don't worry, pre-order will rebounce after PV teaser out.

just another random article (:

Girl groups' fates in Japan will be decided this fall

Korean girl groups will be riding the neo-Hallyu wave into Japan through October and November.

Shojo Jidai, KARA and 4minute will continue their activities in Japan after gaining results that exceeded expectations with successive single and album releases throughout the month of October in what some are calling a second round of "air-raids on the Japanese islands."

Interest has been gaining in the releases that Korean girl groups will have at the end of the year. Many believe that the rapid releases will show to what degree Korean girl groups will have a hold on the market in Japan.

Shojo Jidai and KARA have already reached the top of the Japanese industry through their amazing debuts. They have exercised their current clout throughout this girl group boom to top even domestic groups in Japan. However, reaching the heights of the top Japanese stars is probably impossible. Idols Arashi, SMAP, AKB48 and others will certainly fill the year-end top 5 and top 10 charts. It is probably best to say that the girl groups' successes can be described as the "best of the newcomers," rather than the best of the best.

And the success of the releases in October and November will decide where Korean girl groups will be a fixture in the Japanese market. Rather than keeping their current success, expansion into the mainstream is paramount.

Beginning the onslaught will be Shojo Jidai, who will release the Japanese version of their their massive Korean hit, "Gee" on October 20. Shojo Jidai broke into the market with "Genie" last month, which shocked many by managing to stay in the Oricon Daily Singles Chart top 10 for four weeks. Their massive promotions have already caused many to predict "Gee" to be a huge hit in Japan as it was in their home country.

Following Shojo Jidai is 4minute, who will be releasing their 3rd single on October 27, entitled "First/DREAMS COME TRUE." 4minute ventured into Japan before Shojo Jidai and KARA, but comparing 4minute's results to those two, their success has been somewhat sluggish. However, "First/DREAMS COME TRUE" will be their first single since the Korean girl group boom hit Japan, so there is a feeling of high expectation for this single.

Girl group KARA will follow, with the release a single in November called, "Jumping," which will be the group's first original Japanese song. Their latest album, which was a best of, hit the Oricon charts at #2, with the highest debut album sales this year. KARA is planning on releasing a regular album shortly after that, which may fortify their success.

However, the truth of the matter is that currently, the success of these girl groups is due to fans of K-POP as a whole, not fans of the individual groups, in general. Rather than fans of the girl groups increasing, there is a general sense of an expansion of the number of K-POP fans. But the future of K-POP girl groups will be decided by their performance this fall.

source ~ Jo!ns

translation & reporting ~ its_matteo @ 4-minute.com

cr: blueprincess824 @ Dkpopnews

actually i heared, or that's what a kamilia told me on yt that KARA will promote Jumping in Japan and Burn in Korea, but where the hell is DSP to inform us ? haha

I really hope this information is true because ff they promote Jumping in Japan and Burn in Korea so It will mean that each country will have their own song. And since we don't have yet any preview of Burn, teasers and the whole comeback in Korea won't be affected by the japanese promotion. Plus both fans won't feel left aside !

How come DSP doesn't make their work by releasing news about KARA comeback ?

About the article...I quite agree

I think SNSD and KARA share the same fans in Japan

Their success is mostly due to japanese K-pop fans in general

But I also think they have their own fan like Gekidan and KARA

Now if they want to reach one the top like Star Idols/Artist

They have to gain more new and own fans

And for that they have to invest more on Japanese promotion

And releasing Jumpin only for Japan will be a great step

I feel like everytime I come into this thread, I'm always confused about something haha :sweatdrop:

I hope we get to hear a preview of Burn or something. I'm really excited for it and I hope it sounds great xD

And it would be interesting if Jumping was promoted in Japan and Burn in Korea.

I hope Jumping gets back up in the pre-order rankings again!

It was great how Best Album was #1 in pre-order rankings and how it got 51k for its first week. I hope to see something similar for Jumping :D

Oh and I can't wait to hear the whole thing! I've been seriously playing the preview over and over again but I want moooaarr...

Edited by PioneerLtTwinkie

please correct if i'm wrong, normally b-side has no promotion so maybe it'll be promoted "extensively" & exclusively in the single promotion in korea but again i'll say unlikely because i don't think they will invest heavily in burn unless it has something to do with the mini-album. (:

the speculation has become wild. lol.

^ All the info is in the first post and single not dvd x3 And I think you should buy it, since it's Kara's first original Japanese song! : :lol: Very exclusive to me xD

doing some updating on pre-order chart(not gonna add 2010 since most of you probably already know it's 2010 xD)

10/05 version A #3

10/06 version A #5

I think there is a strong possibility that "Burn" would be promoted extensively. It is a totally new song for Kara and that makes it a strong chance for it to be promoted. I am not sure which business model or management style Kara would be at. If Kara were to follow the Korean style of promoting then "Burn" would be widely promoted like a Kara mini-album in Korea like "Pretty Girl". If they follow the general Japanese way "Burn" would be promoted less and mostly be promoted through concerts instead.

^

That could be likely or they just want to save money by buying the most content rich singles. Kara is the only band that I know so far that have distinct different covers for their singles that are not included in other releases.

So I'm finally down with the promote Jumping simultaneously thing, but here's my question.

They were supposed to comeback in September, right? Does that mean that they meant to promote Jumping then, or with a different song? Cause they just shot the mv today, so I don't think it's possible...meaning that there's another title song sitting out there?

My guess was that they were going to promote BURN in Korea, Jumping in Japan, then decided screw it we'll just do the big one in both places since promos run concurrently. Then there's another Japanese album out right after the Korean mini. There's no way all the songs are going to be original so there's probably some that'll be the same for both Japan/Korea...idk so confused rn.