[2010.10.04] KARA to promote "Jumping" in Korea & Japan at the same time

lvalue

karamisterjapanesesingl.jpg

<snip>

Kara are to release their single "Jumping" on Nov 10th. They plan to promote this album simultaneously both in Korea and Japan. Promoting the same song released here in Korea at the same time in Japan is an unprecedented move. Their confidence gained from successively ranking their single and then the best album in Oricon top 5 must have played a part in this bold move.

<snip>

Source: hankooki

Translated by lvalue @Karaholic.com

Do not take out without credits.

PS. This is my first translation here. Please correct me of any errors. Thank you.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG SRSLY?! Wow I don't know what to think about this. On one hand I want them to have a brand new Korean song, but on the other hand, Jumping is an awesome track that would do very well I'm sure. Does that mean they'll release a mini album containing Jumping in Korea? I have so many questions lol. Guess I'll just wait for further announcements!

Thanks so much for translating this!

that's a bold move! but yeah!!! I am happy that they will promote in Korea too. cuz I miss seeing the girls on weekly music shows. and I love the song!

Thanks for the news :D

wow! i think that's a great idea! (as long as the girls can handle flying back and forth every week? maybe every other week is better, like one week in Japan, then one week in Korea? ^^; )

"Jumping" is such a good song! it has the good, upbeat melody of kpop mixed with the cute, cheesy-in-a-good-way production of jpop. it'll be a hit in both Korea and Japan, and they can make history again! :D

thanks for translating! ^^

Somehow i really like this idea. It's going to be quite tiring for the girls but at the same time, it's something really bold! Something that no one has ever tried before and coming from DSP who are often known to "play safe".

Whenever something bold is tried it always generates alot of buzz. Look at 2NE1's triple title track for an example. Promoting in two countries is going to generate a huge amount of buzz not only in Japan and Korea but also in the rest of Asia as well as Japan and Korea are the main influencers of Asian fashion and trends. I'm going to stay tuned excitedly because I have a feeling this is going to be really big.

And for those who are asking "Korean minialbum or Japan single", how about this answer: both :D

Oh I have mixed feelings about the news ):

Does this sound good?

Jumping is written in Japanese in the first place and has a very Jpop-ish sound, would it be appealing to Korean audiences?

How are they gonna promote it in 2 distant markets? I don't know how it works in Japan but a proper promotion in K-biz takes time for a song to achieve certain ranking. If they don't pay enough attention to the activities in Korea the song will go nowhere on the chart.

I still hope this is a wise choice of DSP, though.

Thanks for translating!

wow... this will be very hectic for them

promoting in both Japan and Korea would be really confusing if they have both different language to sing

no doubt that the song will be a hit in both Japan and Korea but it will be really stressful for the girls

hope that DSP is making the right move... and the girls will take care of their health despite the busy schedule

Thanks for the news ^_^

DSP is really expecting this single to be a hit in both Japan and Korea to have kara promoting simultaneously..I'm not sure this is a wise decision since flying back and forth does take a huge toll in fatigue. I think kara will have to be mentally prepared for this as their schedule will be more hectic than ever. In any case they'll have our full support so kick butt in Japan!

On a side note, will the korean version of jumping be sold as a single? My guess is that they'll package the single along with a minialbum and have it as the title track.

Appreciate the translation Ivalue :)

shocking is the first thought then the question why are they doing this cross-promotion between 2 countries. i really don't know what will the non-fans in korea be thinking. but overall, thrilled because get to see kara back on korean music shows. lastly please don't make this as the korean comeback. idk it may backfire due to unclear prioritizing.

i love KARA want to comeback and i can't wait 4 this..

but poor our girl must work hard to promote new song in 2 country at the same time..

Edited by yunra89