[2010.11.24] Japanese 1st Original Album [Girl's Talk]

k1s3k1

^Glad to see it doing well in terms of preorders! :thumbup1:

Utada Hikaru is releasing her Single Collection Vol.2 in the same week. Ahh tough competition. ): Mano Erina is also releasing her second album, but I'm confident that Girls Talk can sell more. Maybe Girls Talk will be another No.2 album?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Ahhh I'm going to miss Hikki so much. ): Yeah there's no chance of KARA being Hikki. KARA's #1 always slips just out of reach. First JUJU and now Hikki. =/ I'm pretty sure KARA BEST could've been a No.1 album if it was released in a different week. -_- Ahh oh well, hopefully Girls Talk will sell well!

Me too. ;; But she's had such a long career so it's understandable.

Tbh if it was just released the week after they decided they probably could have gotten a #1. :/ But provided they keep slugging away in Japan with releases, I think they can get a #1 eventually. It just needs to fall in the right week. xD

Tbh, I feel like that happened with BoA in her single releases, she had a slew of #2 singles and like 3/4ths of her singles landed in the top 5 but she only got a #1 weekly once since it fell on the right week. xD

Aaahh I hope Girls Talk can be #2 just like Best Album. As long as it's dominating the pre-order charts, we can hope to see good results :D I want to see Girls Talk and Jumping both on the daily/weekly charts when they're released!

Oh and it's definitely true that our girls being active is better than just doing nothing. But there is always a limit and boundary as to what is considered "too much". And yes, maybe the girls' schedules won't be TOO packed. That's just what I'm worried about. I don't want anything threatening their health (well there really isn't anything like that) and I'm sure they'll be busy in the upcoming months, no doubt about it. It's all on the matter of whether or not they get their breaks and rests lol.

Can't wait, can't wait!

i can't think of any reason why it isn't going to sell lot better than best. i just hope it won't affect jumping numbers. wonder when they will release more info on the tracklist. 9? it'll be hard unless they surprise us again.

As expected. I've seen Koda Kumi release like this, releasing a single and then her album. It works because that's how they milk money. It makes everyone's wallet's cry. I must say I would've rather they release Jumping, see how it charts for a week then release an announcement. Either way, I believe UMJ is playing their cards right. They definitely know what they're doing. Just watch and see, after KARA's 3rd Japanese album, there'll be another best but that's a long way from now. I wish the first press of their albums included posters as well, that would've been so awesome. Dang UMJ you better start releasing better first press items like NOW >=o

personally, i feel that this album is definitely gonna sell more than BEST.

reasons include:

1) Best Of Album only contains their old songs and in Korean too. not very tempting for some fans so =/

2) by the time Girls Talk is being released, there'll be more Kamilias :D cos SNSD's releasing Gee on de 20th, so more KPop fans to the join the existing number, and plus Jumping will help get more fans too.

3) 32 page photobook - *smirks* this might encourage ppl to buy more than 1 version of de album

ok u guys can add on but i'll just leave it here for now :P

and btw, as for Girls Talk affecting Jumping's sales, dont worry!!!! of course, im not saying that Girls Talk would not pull down Jumping's sales - it just... MIGHT. but my point here is, let's all look at the LONG TERM goal instead of the short term one. with this release, even more attention will be directed at KARA, thereby gaining more fans. this will then lay down a solid foundation for KARA to eventually emerge as one of the japan's top stars. and that's wat we all want, dont we?? :)

2) by the time Girls Talk is being released, there'll be more Kamilias :D cos SNSD's releasing Gee on de 20th, so more KPop fans to the join the existing number, and plus Jumping will help get more fans too.

Disagree with 2nd sentence, if there would be more kamilias it's mostly because of KARA's JUMPING single which would be released 2 weeks before this album. Plus, KARA's second Music Station, Music Japan, Wednesday JPOP appearances and other more appearances. Although KARA and SNSD are indirectly promoting each other, KARA can stand independently in Japan and they're the one who started the kpop girl group boom in Japan. I don't see SNSD's Gee (which is released a whole MONTH before this) directly affecting Girl's Talk.

Edited by KaraNice

I think Music Station will help promote Jumping and Girl's Talk a lot :D UMJ's going to make me broke w/ all the new releases but the photobooks are so tempting. I am happy that UMJ is putting in a lot of effort to promote Kara in Japan...I was so happy to hear Kara was ranked Number 1 KPOP idol group that the Japanese girls love :D

Whatever the plan is, I'm really excited! It has been ages since their second album Revolution and soon, there will be a whole lot more new KARA songs! I wonder how many songs will be included? 10? I hope there will be a ballad included too, KARA's ballads are awesome, and it would be their first ballad sung in Japanese! If "Burn" isn't a ballad, that is. ^^

Which source is the best? I was told CDJapan is a good source but does it offer the trading cards too? What about HMV? Is the service good? I want the trading cards!

I think CDJapn is a good source as well.

*The first press bonus for all three versions is a trading card, and HMV, Shinseido, Tsutaya and TOWER will have their special edition trading cards.

I guess trading card is included - HMV, Shinseido, Tsutaya and Tower will have special editions of their own.

Darn, I want to collect the cards!