[2010.11.24] Japanese 1st Original Album [Girl's Talk]

k1s3k1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 200k target, I think UMJ tried to increase Kara's popularity by making people think they're that popular. But what tools are UMJ gonna use?

This seems like how AKB48 gaining massive popularity by making people think they are super popular. It's a marketing thingy, but AKB have their election single to do this as the tools. Election single sold much more than number of people actually bought it.

But how UMJ gonna pull this strategy of, I have no idea. If only this thing is actually their intention, idk .. :whistling:

Actually I am quite impressed with UMJ thus far. I mean, they are directly in charge of marketing of Kara in Japan right? Not DSP am I right? Cause I have been seeing news of them popping up everywhere( yahoo, oricon, music japan) and they are getting offers from so many variety shows. I am quite sure they are getting more attention then SNSD from UMJ. Since SM already has a powerful marketing company, I am sure they won't miss out much. But on the other hand, Kara will be gaining alot with UMJ's marketing power.

I am abit scared about the close release of jumping with girl's talk as well as the new image that Kara is taking on compared to Mister. Wonder how will Japan react. On the other hand, I have heard about how people who buy Kara's albums tend to be Jpop fans while people who buy SNSD are Kpop fans, in japan.

Anyway, I am still very amazed by Kara status in Japan now, given they had less fans then SNSD, marketing etc in the beginning but still can catch up to SNSD. If they are willing to work hard for a few years, I am sure they can go reach a stage where 500k a day is possible just like AKB48 and become legends.

i just want to say that i hope UMJ and DSP agrees to promote binks in this album :lol: , instead of jumping or the other tracks. the beats and the melodies are so easy to listen to, a typical idolpop song suited in japan. i hope they would add some more instruments to this song though...a second guitar and more brass instruments perhaps? make it more livelier or something like that...anyway just saying :lol:

Edited by tomochan

I wonder again how sales for Girls Talk would do during its release.

Seeing J-Jumping's sales made me wonder... hmmm... I wonder what's going on?

Is it because of our expectations being too high? Lol.

Not that I'm being negative or whatever but I'm simply curious about all of this because we've all been surprised by the result.

Whatever the reason is, I hope Girls Talk does really well. And Jumping in both Japan AND Korea of course :D

Fightiiiiiiiiing!!

I actually think that girls talk will sell a whole lot better than jumping. Have u noticed that umj didn't promote jumping as much as they promoted mister? :) or is it just me? Hahaha!

But for umj to predict a 200k sales for girls talk, they must have some sort of reference, the pre order sales :) hopefully girls talk will also break records :)

^

they're climbing up the charts!!! :w00t:

keep going up girls!!!

i think UMJ intends to promote both Girls Talk and Jumping at the same time, especially when the best way to promote Girls Talk is just to perform Jumping -.-

also, has anyone checked the HMV or Tower Records pre-order charts lately??

cos when i try googling it, i just end up getting all confused with the hiragana and everything :wacko:

^

look at the album, there're so many new songs to promote. umj just needs to choose one or two to promote aggressively, its sales will definitely grow beyond 100k in no time. but with time constraint as korea comeback is scheduled immediately after japan, it's quite impossible. i'm always puzzled on how they do releases in japan. weird, how can these (sales) work to the maximum?

:thumbup:

should get more than 35k in 1st day and more than 80k in 1st week.

OMG ARE YOU SURE???

if this is the case, Girls Talk will be making some histoy all right :lol:

but i dont think i'll believe this just yet - need to w8 for the pro ones first lol :whistling:

Edited by MizuiroKaze13