[2010.11.24] Japanese 1st Original Album [Girl's Talk]

k1s3k1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@tinaomina yeah it is low but all predictions for this week album and singles are super low, don't know why but they are.

For the next two weeks no weekly figures but Oricon will post daily numbers.

@MizuiroKaze13, nope not normal at all, usually near Christmas and New Years sales get a big boost, but the predictions for this week are just strange for being so low.

Even Hamasaki Ayumi's prediction is low.

Edited by atl2006

lol i prefer having the daily numbers actually. so that we can see the sales pattern clearly :D (but what about the weekly boost??)

and maybe Hoot's numbers are low cuz snsd wont be promoting it much??

anyways, i think GT remaining in top 10 for its 4th week (im talking about weekly chart here, not daily) is gonna be hard cos there's so many new releases :scared: though they'll have no problem remaining in the top 15.

j-pop experts, is it normal for releases to sell less towards the end of the year?? it's kinda strange to me lol.

I think with music station festiva, the girls would hit 200k by christmas. The girls have to sell about 15088, to beat the 200K mark. They would hit that, since they hit 18k this week, I don't think it going to fall that much, and with music station this week, it could help with the sells. So then the girls would hit 200K within one month, that would be a big accomplishment again. Yeah the girls hit 500K is sells, that amazing. They are defintely head toward platinium for this album. I hoping that they can do it, and get another platinium under belt. I can't believe it, they are still in the top 10 weekly that is amazing. Hopefully they can still in the top 10 for their fifth week, but still i don't think so top 15 yes, but top 10, I don't know. Usually the american foreign doesn't do well on the chart, and we always know which one is going to hhit number one. What would be weird, would be like exactly what happen with 4minute and KARA. KARA rank high then SNSD on the chart, but I know that not going to happen. i think the ranking for Hoot is low because it their korean album, not a japanese album, so it could be low. Do you think hoot can hit 100k in one week like KARA can

^The japanese release will be luck to get 100k in total sells. The limited edition with the dvd of their showcase is the only real selling point. The import versions of their albums have been available for a while, have charted on oricon, and are alot cheaper than this release (1400 yen vs. 2500,3200,3900 yen). Also the three editions with any bonus content not on the import are limited.

I wouldn't be surprised if KARA stays around the top 10. Sales are going to be low next week especially for singles.

Speaking of 4minute, they ranked 27 with 5,280.

I hope there's no surprise competition for Ayumi Hamasaki during next week. We don't need GUILTY part2.

Edited by notsoangelic

first i dont want to compare with other group

just for reference

u guys know 2pm release dvd right on 24 nov and charted 4th on oricon weekly dvd rank

and 2nd week their sales drop alot

people assume that japanese people purchase the dvd just want to get "ticket concert" 2pm at 8 dec

now snsd hoot japanese version

i agree with notsoangelic, selling point is their showcase at ariake stadium

but snsd fanbase is huge, i think a lot people will still purchase this album (outside japan??)

once again, i not compare with other group

just my opinion

---

btw ikimono, hikki, fukuyama still strong in oricon chart

and Kara still follow them in chart

so lets hope Kara still at top 10 and hit 200K before 2011

The Oricon year is already over so whatever they sell goes on to next year's chart. (KARA has double their sales if you don't count their dvd anyway; about 125k+ 110k = 235.) The other cd isn't going to be released until Jan 7 in Japan and it's only a concert cd.

@donnyhuang I'm sure at least some portion of their sales are coming from overseas. Gee dropping from 28k to 12k second day shows they are getting alot of preorders. I do think this cd will be like the 2pm dvd. There is no info on the amount that the editions are limited to, but once those are sold out all that's left will be the regular edition which is just the import at 400 yen more. This release will drop quicker than their other japanese releases.

Back on topic, KARA should definitely hit 200k next week even if there is no music station effect on album sales. I see another digital spike coming.

Edited by notsoangelic

To get an idea on exchange rates, 100 yen = over $1 US dollar.

On average japanese singles are about 900 to 1200 yen for cd only

1500 to 1800 yen for cd + dvd

For full albums the prices range from 2800 to 3300 yen for cd only

3400 to 3800 yen for cd + dvd

Depending on what extras(concert dvd, tshirts, photobooks, etc) the cd has, the price can go up.

As I mentioned in a previous post the Korean import is 1400 yen (about $16) vs. the regular japanese edition is 1800 yen (about $20). The content is the same.

Edited by notsoangelic

:thumbup:

GT sales 推移(sales number evolution) is amazing, it just refuses to drop too much week after week.

Over 250K is my prediction and the sales number will go like this

10.7 -> 3.5 -> 1.9 -> 1.5 -> "about 1.0 for few weeks" -> "stay above 5k for a few weeks".

One more important thing is that GT is growing new fan for KARA. Next time KARA releases good music product, they will buy again! :thumbup:

Edited by pig3head

Mid day sales

1. Ayumi Hamasaki 10,478

2. SNSD 2,749

3. Bump Of Chicken 1,288

4. Ikimonogakari

5. Mr.Children

6. Utada

7. Evil mothy P feat. Rin, Len

8. KARA

9. Hukuyama Masaharu

10.Michael Jackson

Looks top 10 for daily today for kara, let's hope so!

Edited by atl2006

Yeah its number 10 today.crazy huh. Top 5? Hmm ... highly possible....

*1 70,609 浜崎あゆみ

*2 21,271 少女時代

*3 *7,305 BUMP OF CHICKEN

*4 mothy 悪ノP feat.鏡音リン,鏡音レン

*5 いきものがかり

*6 Mr.Children

*7 宇多田ヒカル

*8 神聖かまってちゃん(つまんね)

*9 神聖かまってちゃん(みんな死ね)

10 KARA

Haven't post this for long time haha... after first week GT.. however I noticed that the usual 2ch thread about new album is not around anymore!! Anyone knows where it went?

I predict SOshi will sell 45-50k. Based on Gee sales, they have a higher drop after first day , Gee went from 28k -> 12k ( presumably because they have high orders on internet.)

Edited by tinaomina

With Girls talk only 15k away from 200k in sales, I was wondering how many have they shipped.

Two weeks ago UMJ shipped 180k, Riaj certification is for the number shipped so could that mean that Girls talk has already shipped 250k, the next Gold and Platinum certification comes out January 10th for the month of December.

It seems that Kara could have another Platinum next month.

Anyone know why Kara weren't invited to the 52 japan record awards? very strange seen as they topped snsd and bigbang yet they were invited.

:whistling:

:whistling:

The invitation is not based on only cd sales number. And I don't think being there or not is a big deal for KARA.

KARA is NO.1 rookie in 2010 based on both oricon.com(cd&dvd sales) and recochoku.jp(digital sales) Stat. But it is a little bit disappointed that they both do not hold any award ceremony. :tongue:

BTW, looks like record-award sent out invitation before KARA released GT.

With Girls talk only 15k away from 200k in sales, I was wondering how many have they shipped.

Two weeks ago UMJ shipped 180k, Riaj certification is for the number shipped so could that mean that Girls talk has already shipped 250k, the next Gold and Platinum certification comes out January 10th for the month of December.

It seems that Kara could have another Platinum next month.

:thumbup: It doesn't matter too much.

BTW,

UMJ has to pay for RIAJ certification. Before UMJ( or UMJ forgets to) gives RIAJ money, RIAJ will not give KARA any ceritfication no matter how many KARA's cd sold.

As I said before, GT will get over 250k(oricon number) sold finally. :thumbup:

Anyone know why Kara weren't invited to the 52 japan record awards? very strange seen as they topped snsd and bigbang yet they were invited.

I believed it was the reward that SNSD got the best rookie award, and kara got the project award, the result was published a long time ago, and now the award ceremony is held.. It was earlier than Girl Talk release, and the award Kara got may be wasn't so important that they need to present. I think it's good, SNSD have to present in Japan and Korea in the same night, that's exhausted, I don't want Kara to be like that.