[2010.11.24] Japanese 1st Original Album [Girl's Talk]

k1s3k1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think from the trend... its clear that KARA is gaining alot of new fans at the moment hence the number is so strong... even outstripping Ayumi and Utada already (Ayumi is newer release though, Utada is same week). I think rather than the total numbers, this trend gives an even more positive note than the total sales that KARA 's popularity is growing very quickly now.

Sometimes I kinda wonder if it was all because of Mister and butt dance. Therefore I hope that they don't use Mister too much now hehe..

In any case if all goes well the J-Kamilias will love all of KARA songs.. cause all their hits are good for me.. I think they will eventually see it that way :D

Edited by tinaomina

^ im sure the japanese love kara for what they are, and not just the butt dance. if only the butt dance was popular, then only Mr would have sold well, which is certainly not the case :D

wow already more than 244,000. I wonder after urakara is on air, how much will the album sales go up Our girls indeed are so awesome.

personally i dont think the sales will go up by a lot, since just continuing to sell over 10k each week is already an achievement itself. and plus urakara is going to be aired on a late timeslot, which wont be very good for the girls lol.

#6 Kara Daily

1 5,188 Maaya Sakamoto

2 2,696 Ikimono-gakari

3 2,391 Straightener

4 (We Love Mackey)

5 Gotou Maki

6 KARA

7 Hamasaki Ayumi

9 BUMP OF CHICKEN

10 Nakamura Maiko

Edited by ☆atl2006☆

They are doing so great, and it makes me very proud. I'm more of a silent fan but lately I have had the confidence to post more, just like hara has had the courage to sing, and gyrui has always had the confidence to say "we are the best" no matter what other groups are around. I wish them much deserved continued success for all future releases. I hope they can go on tour soon.....

Edited by GooBurberrHara

I want them to go on tour, like all around asia. But usually DSP wouldn't make KARA do that, I know SS501 has, but KARA I don't think they would go on tour. I think they would just focus on japan. Which I feel like they already dominated. I was doing some research and I realize that if KARA was to sell over 307K that would make KARA album, the best album sold by any korean band. I don't know if KARA can do it, but with the drama maybe it could help. Even thought the drama is at a late timeslot, people may be dedicated to KARA and stay up and watch it.

im sure that kara will hold their post in japan as the number one kpop group. i mean having a gold for all your releases and a near platinum is not easy for rookies. having a drama of your own took japan's finest groups a long time before achieving it but our girls worked hard and they deserve this so whatever records they break or the set kamilias are really happy for them :)

Who sold 307k albums? Im sure TVXQ sold more than 500k albums in Japan so im assuming you're talking about the first korean girl group.

307k was the highest TVXQ sold for a regular original album. Their best of albums sold 500k+ but not for a regular album. I am sure that if they got back together this second and released a new album, they would outsell 307k - since that figure is for a 2009 album. I don't think that anyone would deny that their breakup helped sales a lot.

Omg just half a year ago we were hoping for 15 to20 k sales of singles for mister then now a platinum! That's 250000 copies actually sold not shipped because oricon counted more than 249k as of yesterday. If then, so the shipped copies should be more than 250k! I'm thinking can the girls hit double platinum especially with urakara premiering today? I hope so! A very very happy Kamilia right here!

So as of today we have:

2 platinums ( gt and msta digital sales)

4 golds (Kara best, jumping digital, jumping physical cd sales, msta physical cd sales)

Kara daebak! I'm proud to be a Kamilia since 2007! They have really succeeded not just in our eyes but even the other people have acknowledged that Kara is really a force to be reckoned with!

I have no idea what is the longest week an artist has charted for oricon with an album but utada hikaru is the best selling album that oricon has charted so far with 7.6M albums sold according to oricon with first love :) so imagine how long would that be dominating the charts. I could probably say half a year or even more than that to sell 7.6M copies. AKB has charted with beginner for about 3 months from my observation then for a very long time in top 20 for their 1M sales :)

thanks everyone for the persistent & timingly updates of all sales.

1 platinum & 3 gold certifications (copies sold) achieved in their first year, polled to be the next biggest hit in 2011, cast leading in their first drama series, many endorsements offered, what's coming next?