[2010.11.24] Japanese 1st Original Album [Girl's Talk]

k1s3k1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATS KARA!!!!! I's so proud of them. I really am learning what it's like to be a "fan", I'll continue to support you guys till the very end, always and forever, because one of my dreams is to help make your dreams come true. MUCH LOVE :thumbup: and much continued success!!! KARA JJANG!!! KARA HWAITING!!!

I have no idea what is the longest week an artist has charted for oricon with an album but utada hikaru is the best selling album that oricon has charted so far with 7.6M albums sold according to oricon with first love :) so imagine how long would that be dominating the charts. I could probably say half a year or even more than that to sell 7.6M copies. AKB has charted with beginner for about 3 months from my observation then for a very long time in top 20 for their 1M sales :)

regarding the First Love example, that was back in the 1990s, when Japanese releases could still sell like mad. so maybe at that time things were different? :ph34r:

thanks everyone for the persistent & timingly updates of all sales.

1 platinum & 3 gold certifications (copies sold) achieved in their first year, polled to be the next biggest hit in 2011, cast leading in their first drama series, many endorsements offered, what's coming next?

CULTURAL PHENOMENON's what next ;)

ty for the update guys :thumbup1:

hmm, first original album => platinum, should we aim double platinum for second album? bahahah greedy. :mellow:

kara's so potential haha, no wonder UMJ's going to release all of their albums, including all MVs. and the prices are :sweatdrop:

now they already have enough money to buy their own dorm in Japan haha, why dont give them one, umj?

mwahahaha, I'm already looking forward to their next new japanese single :eyelove:

congratz to the girls for winning platinum! They've debuted not too long ago, but they're climbing the ladder so fast!

Just goes to show you how open the japanese are to kpop music these days. :D

Plus, i'm sure kara's hard work in studying the japanese language has helped a lot also.

Edited by eseul

Wouldn't the girls have the 2 platinum because of mister hitting platinum with the digital download. But so happy for the girls, they have accomplish another thing that no korean girl group has ever done. Hit platinum, now we just have to wait and see if the girls can hit 300K, that would be amazing if they can. If they can sell over 307K, they would be the top korean idol group who sold the most of there album(even beat dbsk). i just happy tat they girls have tremously success in japan, and they are going to have more success to come.

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

Wow am I late to congratulate the girls?

Wooohooo! Platinum! I'm sorry to say but I think that this success is only the beginning.

UMJ must be happy lol. They're making a heck of a lot of money through SoKa.

As for our girls, let's hope to see an even better result for the future releases.

Fighting! Kara daebak!

the girls have very constient sells, they are number 3 again. Double platium is really hard, no korean group has ever got double platium(not even dbsk). So if KARA can do that then KARA would defintely be the most successful korean idol group to ever step foot in japan(Well to me that is)But i just settle for the girls hit 300K, since 300K would be a great accomplishment, they would be the first korean girl group to every hit 300K. With KARA constient sells, I think naturally the girls would hit 300K maybe in 2-3 months.

oh dang, the numbers across the oricon daily for album sales isn't very amazing....

but kara is number 2!!! ^________^

it makes me happy :D teehee.

tbh i dont understand what u're talking about, cuz GT's sales is just friggin amazing. in case u havent noticed, it's been 8 weeks ever since the album was released and it's still charting in the weekly top 10, which is sooooooooooo awesome i think i can die :P

and lol kara's always strong during the weekends. i think this would probably sell about 13k or so this week :D

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

I know this wish may not be entirely possible, but I SO hope that Kara can snag the #1 spot!

It's a mireacle that they can be top 5 after 8 wks... Then again, the album has J-Lupin! Who won't want to have that song XD ? just makes me anticipate their next album sales and how it will do on the charts.

Go Go Kara GO!

it's been 8 weeks ever since the album was released and it's still charting in the weekly top 10, which is sooooooooooo awesome i think i can die :P

ikr?! if this trend continues, i wouldn't be surprised if the sales hit 300k, or even more. This album is super sticky ;D

And oh dang GT is so close to the #1 spot! It would be downright amazing if they can manage to get a daily #1 almost two months after the release date.

If KARA manage to get number 1, I would be so happy. But then I would be greeding and hoping that they get number 1 like for the whole week. It took dbsk a long time to get number 1 for a whole week. And as much as I love my KARA girls, I think the girls are able to hit number 1 at least one, but not like a whole week. i don't think the girls are there yet to hit number 1 for whole week.

Damn the girls are still going strong. <3 I'm pleasantly surprise!

oh dang, the numbers across the oricon daily for album sales isn't very amazing....

but kara is number 2!!! ^________^

it makes me happy :D teehee.

I expected SNSD to continue on strong... :<

they must be selling around 1000 or 900s :\

V

I think "Hoot" is doing well for a Korean album? It did take them less time to sell 100k compared to "Kara Best 2007-2010".

V

I wouldn't consider it as SNSD's peak right now as they have done relatively less promotions compared to Kara. Doesn't look like they're serious about Japan yet since they're churning out another Korean remake and always jetting off to another country. But everything SNSD has released physical-wise sold more than Kara. We'll see how SNSD does when they release their first Japanese album.

Edited by Diane

Can't compare really since Kara Best 2007-2010 was released in September before Kara's popularity really took off, and Hoot was released in December during Snsd's peak.

1.10-#3-1992

1.11-#8-1498

1.12-#6-1692

1.13-#3-1672

1.14-#3-1651

1.15-#2-2609

My guess is 14k this week, hopefully Kara can keep #2 position tomorrow.

Sticky! m174.gif

Edited by ☆atl2006☆