[2010.11.24] Japanese 1st Original Album [Girl's Talk]

k1s3k1

I am rather confident that KARA will come out on top if SDN48 is their main competition. KARA sold around 50k first week for Jumping, and their popularity has only grown drastically since then. Also Jumping sales was affected by their album.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my perspective I think Kara won't have much of a problem getting #1 with their new single.

Like @a_chan said, Morning Musume don't sell like they used to, so their biggest competitors are SDN48 who are apart of the whole akb48 family.

SDN48's first single sold around 63k and I think their next single will sell around 70k since they aren't as popular yet like Ske48.

With Kara's new single with the TBC cm tie-in, I'm guessing over 100k.

Jumping got 55k in its first week because it was released 2 weeks before Girls talk.

Edited by ☆atl2006☆

Hmm do you guys think KARA has topped DBSK's best selling original Japanese album - The Secret Code - with today's sales?

The Secret Code = 317,314

Girl's Talk = 316,646 + ?

Hmm do you guys think KARA has topped DBSK's best selling original Japanese album - The Secret Code - with today's sales?

The Secret Code = 317,314

Girl's Talk = 316,646 + ?

well, either way GT was bound to outsell The Secret Code so this isnt news to me :)

but yes thx for the observation ^^

and regarding Jet Coaster Love, i do think that kara will hit #1. SDN48 and Morning Musume arent very strong competition imo.

in addition, im expecting 1st week sales to hit over 100k... KARA's popularity has really increased ever since GT was released~ ^^

This week is the week guys!! We have a chance to get #1 if it jumps up on Sunday like last few weeks :tongue: :tongue:

Regarding the single, although I know KARA is very strong now.. I will wait till MV and full audio to be out first... No matter how popular the artist, music comes first :D but I have confidence in my girls..

Well we see what happen, I be happy if they do sell over 100K the first week. I think the girls would be able to, since GT can sell over 100K the first week, and a album cost so much more than a single. So the girls sells over that 100K would be amazing, and the girls be number 1 would also be great. But who is release a single the same time beside morning musume and SDN48. I just hoping that the girls would do great, and I glad that they are include the ballad in their drama, I love that songs to, can't wait for it. Gt would be back to like number something is a couple of days.

I guess expectations are being raised for Jet Coaster Love because of Girls Talk's success :P

Well I don't know, personally, I'd be happy with any results.

I just miss Kara so much that I'm already satisfied with the fact that there is a new single being released.

We'll just see how well the J-Kamilias play their role in supporting again ^_^

Kara fighting!

Girls talk is now the highest selling original Japanese album by an Korean artist.

This. I hope Oricon can write some article about it and send tips to akp. The whole world should be informed with this awesome achievement.

Regarding the single, although I know KARA is very strong now.. I will wait till MV and full audio to be out first... No matter how popular the artist, music comes first :D but I have confidence in my girls..

judging from the preview, i think Jet Coaster Love will be one big hit. it's really catchy :thumbup:

so it'll all come down to how much UMJ is willing to spend on our girls for the mv + promotions. which is not a problem at all imo :P

I guess expectations are being raised for Jet Coaster Love because of Girls Talk's success :P

Well I don't know, personally, I'd be happy with any results.

I just miss Kara so much that I'm already satisfied with the fact that there is a new single being released.

We'll just see how well the J-Kamilias play their role in supporting again ^_^

Kara fighting!

that's how i feel too...

so long as kara is back as a 5 im alr satisfied :)

there is no stop KARA now, the girls are still dominated the cd chart. Soon the girls would be dominated the single with jet coaster love. Everyone does have highest expecation for KARA, since KARA always manage to success everyone expecation, so we should expecation something higher this time. But like everyone say, just glad that KARA is back as five.

Proud Kamilia right here! After so many weeks in the charts (is it 11 or 12?) the girls have landed the number 1 spot and became the highest selling Korean group with an original Japanese album all in one week! I'm so proud of the girls! Their achievements in japan has already become the standard for all Kpop groups who are planning to debut in japan and they have managed to do this in half a year! So proud!