well, that how Japanese market work

the company will release as much single or album in order to attract more fan

especially when the group is still new and a hot topic there

well release an album before end of year is good for KARA

at least they still become the hot topic until new year

~off topic~

release 3 or more single and album is a common thing in JAPAN

especially when Japanese market is a tough market, many competition

hiatus too long like suicide to your career, you might lose your fans due to other competitors

that why Japanese artist tend to release at least 1 single in 3 month ( so that they are not forgotten)

well, the international fans might feel burdened with many release but Japanese people love that

YUP! JPOP idols have a lot of releases. So it's normal. And 2 weeks after 2nd single might mean that they are having a Korean comeback in december.

About the girls' health, I think the girls are happier with their packed schedule.

I mean, it's their job (and ultimately, they're living their dream as idols) and a lot of sched means they are doing great. Their popularity is soaring and we should support them. They get tired but still, I think they are enjoying their work more than anything else.

GO KARA!!! I can't wait for new releases!

edit: I'll just get the new releases after a few weeks since I also don't have enough cash that time haha

Edited by KaraNice

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

agree.. this is their dream and I'm sure after seeing their popularity is boosting up nowadays,

they will be really happy and make them to work harder..

Although the schedule is really tiring, but I'm sure they are able to face the schedule with a smile..

Worried about them is not wrong but in this matter, the best way is to support them in whatever they are doing.. just my opinion.. :)

I think it's normal for them to release an album after the single since in Japan normally the single version will be a lot different than the ones on the Album version.

Also for Kara, I think their schedule for their promotion in Japan will not be so much hectic as in Korea, since they won't be appearing week in week out on weekly music shows like M.Countdown; Music Bank; Music Core; and Inkigayo (plus other cable TV music shows such as Y-Star, TVN and etc.) and not counting appearance on radio shows late night and such then there will also be variety shows.

Wow. Now I'm even more confused. 2 weeks after Jumping's release and a new album is going to be released?

It's great and something to look forward to but the schedule is just... getting TOO confusing now. I know for sure that our girls will be BUSIER and BUSIER because of all of this. Now I don't even know what will happen to the Korean comeback.

Someone please sum up the schedules? Like releases and so on?

Girls Talk... interesting. Those 7 other songs, will they be new Japanese songs? Lupin will probably be included there.

Thank you for starting this thread :D

Sigh UMJ...dunno if this is the right path to take when you are going to release Jumpin' as a single 2 weeks before hand. Maybe they're not confident that Jumping single won't bank lots of sales so they're repackaging it with the full album? So 7 new songs sung in Japanese, or will UMJ pull the songs that have already been produced like honey, wanna, and pretty girl?

The 32 page photobook does sound extremely tempting, so UMJ you've got me this time.

Honestly Japanese promotions is a little different from the Korean ones - very rarely do groups do 4 music shows a week like Korea - it's usually 1 or 2 every other week (though Utada did do 5 shows a week but even that was only once). While I know this is a bit of overkill, this is how you operate in the Japanese market - it's what Arashi did, what AKB48 did, and why they ended up where they are now.

I'm also a Soshi fan, but let's admit it, Kara's been gaining more momentum and are starting to be more relevant in Japan because they're been on more shows and had more performances. The girls' appeal is the girl-next-door type, which gives them really strong grassroots support instead of depending on carry-over j-fans. They need to stay on top of their game, and this is a good way of doing it.

Why are they releasing the album Hikki-week whyyyyyyyyyy

^ i understand, but only 2 weeks after the release of jumping?!?!?! this is way too soon.

this is exactly what I mean. But now I see the points from some of you, are they trying to drop a bomb to Japan market to consolidate KARA's popularity there but RUSHLY so that they can come back to Korea to promote their? Cos promotion in Korea will for sure be longer and keep them stay busier.

Right. The Korean comeback is confused now O__O I doubt they had time to properly focus on its preparation. Ahhh the overlapping promotions in 2 countries had better not make KARA mess up their song versions when on stage XD

i'll preorder once it shows up on yesasia. i want the photobook!

but, two weeks after jumping? reminds me of when dbsk released... was it purple line? like a week before their next album came out. guess it makes sense though, considering their recent popularity boom. umj sure knows how to get people's money. first 3 versions of jumping, now 3 versions of this. i'm gonna be so broke, argh. i just preordered utada's new album, and i need to get groceries.

Ahhh the overlapping promotions in 2 countries had better not make KARA mess up their song versions when on stage XD

Ahhh this reminds me of something ahahhaa :X.

It really makes you wonder though how much do Japanese fans spend?! The releases come thick and fast like that. I feel sad for the overseas young fans though who might only have had enough pocket money for one copy - now they cannot afford this album after buying the single...

But I really hope this works out in the end for the girls. The Jumping teaser is the first teaser I have been addicted to! Feels like it's really going to be a huge hit and it's probably gonna be my favourite KARA track when the full version is released :D

Edit: I can't help order this time sorry

Edited by Mr. Lupin

I'm also a Soshi fan, but let's admit it, Kara's been gaining more momentum and are starting to be more relevant in Japan because they're been on more shows and had more performances. The girls' appeal is the girl-next-door type, which gives them really strong grassroots support instead of depending on carry-over j-fans. They need to stay on top of their game, and this is a good way of doing it.

so this will gain more fans for kara??? cant w8 to see a real BOOM in kara's popularity :D

also, bcos it's only being released 2 weeks after jumping, i cant get this album cos i alr decided to buy jumping =.=

let's just hope that the j-kamilias will still support them although it's gonna cost them quite a bit of money. i never knew UMJ would be this greedy sigh =.=

=__= lol kamilia really loves bashing company. :lol2: jk dude.

btw, mister was promoted for 2 weeks too, right? (a week if you count it from their debut date).

but honeslty i like this greedy move from UMJ, lol, they really know how take an oppurtunity, i think this is much better than lack of promotion from that D dude :P

yeah i know we all feel like being robbed peacefully. but........... :whistling:

and uh, once the first press edition has been sold out, no more bonus? dvd and photobook?

KARA's first album Girls' Talk reached first place on HMV daily chart

a5W2h.jpg

KARA is receiving a lot of love from Japanese fans.

Their first ever Japanese album is ranked at the first place on HMV online followed by Michael Jackson's album.

Although this is only the daily chart,but this already proves that KARA is on their right path towards the road of success in Japan.

Many thanks to Yekting@mysweetkara.com for sending in the tip!

cr: kacey @ Dkpopnews

NICE :thumbup: the anticipation for every stuff KARA's released always been high

-edit-

looks like MJ's album got 1st for today, but hey..its MJ :lol:

Even if I think that 2 weeks is very soon, I do understand UMJ. They know how Japanese market work and I remember that they said KARA will be promoted as a japanese group. I think KARA popularity will raise a lot with so many release because the most important for them is to make a solid name in Japan and the best way is to release things lol.

But I understand fans, and especially international fans, because I also start to lose too much money since KARA debuted in Japan. I really want to support them, but now I have too many things to buy ! But this album is a must buy for me because the songs will be in japanese !

thanks for all the info..

I'm really anticipating what will happen. I want to buy all these releases but they aren't cheap for us international fans ..

Off topic but Yes, the girls will be tired and they will be very busy but to them it's better than staying at the dorms doing nothing. They realize how important this time is for their group and for future activities. This is their first taste of being an a International Group that can make an impact.

:thumbup:

Guys, we don't have to worry about KARA's busy promotion schedule in Japan.

As we see, promotion schedule in Japan is not as busy as KARA does in Korea. In Korea, KARA has to perform at least 4 times each week during promotion, like in MNET, KBS, MBC and SBS respectively. But in Japan, it is really hard for artist to catch a music TV show. Even during KARA's debut promotion, KARA had only two TV performances.

Wish UMJ & KARA can take more TV show in the future. :thumbup:

KARA's 1st JAPANESE ALBUM is dominating the pre-order charts :blush:

Version A #1

Version B #5

Version C #8

KARA Jumping Version A is also #7

Wow I just realized that KARA's 1st album can affect the sales of KARA's 2nd single since jumping will be included in the album as well - so yeah, I hope JUMPING single does well too.

Fullscreencapture10172010102743PM.jpg

cr: http://tower.jp/chart/37520?chartYear=2010&chartMonth=10&chartType=1