[2010.11.24] Japanese 1st Original Album [Girl's Talk]

k1s3k1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only Japanese awards i care about is the Japan Golden Disk Awards which is for Music sales in the Recording Industry Association of Japan, is major music awards held annually in Japan which is run by Riaj.

So its based purely on sales, not fan polls, not so called critics or writers, and can't be bought.

Kara is most certainly up for best new artist and with their sales higher than any new artist this year, they have a big chance of winning.

^

hence to say the japan golden disk awards is solely based on sales in total & not by album or single?

there are several year-end awards held in korea, one is the seoul music awards. its grand prize is the daesang award which is given to the best sales & popularity + judge votes. seems like the close resemblance is its "record of the year" award where they only consider sales. sadly to say, kara has no chance in korea so seeing that they are more appreciated & recognised in japan gives a sense of "pay back" feel.

yeah but in korea, KARA is not going win the daesung, they usually just get the bonsang and that good enought for me. Now I just have hope that KARA can win something in japan, they have amazing sells in everything they do, plus with all the hype going on about KARA how can they not receive a award for something. i hope that KARA does win the best new artist award in japan, they deserve it. But you never know, I think KARA has a good chance to win that award, but it would be probably snatch away again(and probably by snsd). But I want them to win they deserve everything, beside when is the japan gold disk award on anywhere. They accomplish some much in just 6 months, get like 3 gold in just 6 months, it really spectacular. And whenever the award show is on maybe KARA would have a fourth gold, and 1 platinium.

yeah I feel really sorry that 4minute didn't rank higher on the oricon chart than KARA. And it 4minute album is just brand new, and KARA is going for them 4 week, and yet they are higher on the chart then them, i feel for them. But I think it because they debut to early, KARA waiting like 3-4 years to debut in japan. 4minute just went because KARA, and SNSD is going. i think they should of waiting a while. Now it would seem like most of the girls band in korea, want to debut in japan, like SNSD and KARA, since they have some much success, they want to debut to

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

I'm so happy for kara, it seems like all of kara's releases will end up being gold certified ^_^.

Looks like our next step is to cheer them on till platinum!

I love kara~ they weren't a big boom explosive debut success, but they worked hard and achieved so much! They never gave up! I bet kara is very respected amongst rookies these days~ :D

I feel bad for 4minute too. Ukiss at least made #2 daily oricon (although they're really rookies and not as widely known and with a whole lot of luck was on their side). People say, daily is so easy.... it is easier than weekly/monthly/yearly but it's still a big feat. I really like 4minute. I hope they find their own color soon.

The only Japanese awards i care about is the Japan Golden Disk Awards which is for Music sales in the Recording Industry Association of Japan, is major music awards held annually in Japan which is run by Riaj.

So its based purely on sales, not fan polls, not so called critics or writers, and can't be bought.

Kara is most certainly up for best new artist and with their sales higher than any new artist this year, they have a big chance of winning.

This post was amazing.. XD it's so true..

btw about 4minute.. it's just that Cube is to ambitious.. Both KARA and snsd waited 3 years before going to Japan.. They were already established in Korea..

well, i was expecting another top 10 for today so no surprises here :P

and:

btw about 4minute.. it's just that Cube is to ambitious.. Both KARA and snsd waited 3 years before going to Japan.. They were already established in Korea..

hmm i think so too. cube seems to be really determined to push 4minute higher. but i think the main reason why they arent doing so well is because their music style is way too different from j-pop. but beast is very well-promoted in japan though, and so is 2pm. when i went to tower records, there were a lot of beast and 2pm posters, and there was even a japanese cafe featuring 2pm o.o

#9 Kara--Moved up into the top 10 again.

I predict another top 5 this week,since my predictions are always right! m159.gif

Kara fighting! m137.gif

@stevenstanley i predict around 18k this week total.

My mistake i meant 4,500 for jumping not girls talk, 18k for girls talk! m122.gif

Edited by atl2006

The official Oricon yearly chart by Oricon should come out this week, last year it came out the 18th.

I also hoped that 4 minute's new album would sell more atleast top 10, in the whole kpop wave thing that people talk about, they say its one of the reason why groups like Kara are so popular but only Kara and Snsd have even sold over 10k for the first week, maybe dvds but not singles and albums.

People tend to under-credit how popular Kara is in Japan and how hard it really is to sell how much they have.

I think another reason why KARA is doing so well (aside from the good music and awesome performances, of course) is because all of them try so hard to speak in Japanese rather than always relying on a translator. I also like the fact that they try to be as entertaining as possible whenever they're guesting on a TV show.

I'm a bit sad that none of their albums are available here in the Philippines (only got Revolution thanks to my sister's friend), but I really hope I'll be able to buy their Japanese album somehow. :(

Edited by demfae

I heard news that Philiphine MCA (CMIIW forget the acronym :sweatdrop: ) are going to release Girl Talk... Just wish that news is true... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Btw, today girl talk is at #9. Hopefully GT will stay top10 on this week weekly chart :thumbup:

Four consecutive top10 weekly chart for girl talk is deabak. A lot of people will suprise about how well KARA album sell.

Japan Gold Disk Awards, Rookie of the Year is definitely KARA

Edited by Hendry Ho

I do defitnely think KARA is desrve the best rookie award, I mean look at all they accomplish in so little time. They have 3 gold, get one more soon. Heading for platinium in like download for mister, head toward platinium for GT. how can they not win the best newcomer award, they defintely deserve, plus everything is on yearly chart. They deserve it so much more than any other korean group who debut this year. I totally all for KARA getting that award. Plus fourth week and KARA is still on the top 10 chart, they like amazing, usually KARA would of fall to like top 20-25, yet they still holding on strong. They defintely have constitent sells, hopefully they stay on the top 10 for this week. I want to say that this week they sells about 15-20K

I do agree with everyone when they say that it probably cube fault, since i guess they are try to follow what everyone else is doing. So if everyone is going to debut in japan, then let 4minute debut to. KARA waiting like 3-4 years to debut, and they had a strong fanbase in korea, for them to be able to debut well. Plus their sunbae were already big in japan to, so they have people know them because of their sunbae. And yes it true that other korean artist may debut on the oricon chart, but we don't know if they sells as much as KARA and SNSD does.

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

#10 Kara--stayed in the top 10.

I still predict a top 5 for this week, Kara fighting! m087.gif

Info: Oricon ninki predicting super low sales next week, like really low even though its close to Christmas, so don't expect high sales.

Edited by atl2006

^ that's strange; i thought there would be a "holiday sales boost" around christmas time lol. but i think kara wont be affected by this, though - their sales have been extremely consistent >.<

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

KARA's CD is a perfect gift for christmas kekeke so more ppl will buy the cd!

platinum is 250k, not 200k.

orly? i thought it was 200k

thanks for all the updates!!

Edited by misiak

#10 Kara--- stayed in the top 10 again today

Seems like Girls talk sales are really consent this week even though its the 4 week, let's hope for top 5 tomorrow~

Around 19k this week

Edited by atl2006

really i dodn't know about the double gold. I knew that they would have to sell 250K to get platinium. Wow the girls are defintely head toward double gold. If it their 4 week and they manage to still be in the top 10, they definetly head toward double gold and then platinium. The girls haven't fall to the top 20 only one, and that because of new release.

#10 Kara--- stayed in the top 10 again today

Wow Girl's Talk is doing great!!

Staying in Top 10 amazing!!! I hope to see them in top 5 again!! :determined:

------------------------------

200K CD sales will be certified as "double-gold".

250k digital sales will be certified as "platinum".

didn't know that...sounds interesting! Hope they get Platinum! :thumbup:

Edited by iAyu