[2010.11.24] Japanese 1st Original Album [Girl's Talk]

k1s3k1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UMJ's definitely sucking the money out of the j-kamilias.

i was hoping for more new material, actually. but then again, this could be UMJ's strategy to keep kara familiar with the japanese public (along with urakara) cuz kara might be promoting in korea around that time so im just going to leave this in UMJ's hands. i mean, they never disappointed us even once (yet), so i dont think being pessimistic is the way to go :)

and btw, i think we're going to hit platinum much sooner than we originally thought - "longevity" would be a great word to describe GT.

^ the 6 album thingy shocked me at first but I think this is not gonna be heavily promoted, more like a fan service thing so that J-kamilias who want to buy old albums can buy them more easily now. I won't expect crazy sales for those but I am sure there are those who want to collect the full set of KARA releases without wanting to spend money to ship it themselves.

With Urakara coming out I think UMJ are expecting a lot of new fans who most likely don't know about Kara's older albums and this is a way for them to make the albums more easily accessible to them and like @tinaomina said its more of a fan service.

I don't expect big numbers either but you never know with Kara and J-Kamilias.

Edited by ☆atl2006☆

yeah I don't think any of us, are expecting big number for this albums. But KARA may suprised us and one of the album gets really good sells. Yeah I think it is more fan service, like welcome new fans to KARA. I think maybe GT would hit platinum before the other album are release. And the drama could help with GT in hit platinum or be close to hit 300K, or it can help with the other album. Since this drama air on janurary 14 and it would go till like april 1. Since it a 12 episodes, and japan drama airs one day a week, by the time the drama ends more people would recognized KARA. And it could help with sells for something. Like GT, but I think GT would hit platinum in january, since the drama airs around janurary and nothing of KARA is release beside GT. So the drama would help GT get platinum in the month of january. But for the other months, the drama could help with the sells of other albums, since GT would hit platinum, the other album could sells to. Plus KARA are get a lot of offer to do endorsement, which could mean more sells to.

maybe those fan service albums are time fillers while kara perfects their new single.

I can't wait~

they must be super busy studying japanese, shooting drama, CF deals coming in, preparing for new single, practice dancing all their songs.

Oricon official daily

12.28-#10

12.29-#8

12.30-#4

12.31-#4

1.01-#4

1.02-#4

1.03-#5

1.04-#6

Another top 10 weekly, they sold around 20k again!

If sales stay like this 250k could be reached by next week!

Edited by ☆atl2006☆

weekly rank

*1 58,730 ノースリーブス

*2 47,142 いきものがかり

*3 36,931 浜崎あゆみ

*4 23,390 Mr.Children

*5 23,320 BUMP OF CHICKEN

*6 21,968 KARA

*7 20,781 少女时代

*8 16,138 福山雅治

*9 15,084 マイケル・ジャクソン

10 14,525 TCY FORCE produced by ☆Taku Takahashi

==========================

single

18 ----- 3,157 KARA(ミスター), mister

20 ----- 2,967 KARA, jumping

===========================

31 ----- 5,072 KARA(KARA BEST 2007-2010)

Edited by pig3head

Wow, I never imagined kara's girl's talk would be selling so strongly in Japan. It's been over a month and they're still in the top ten making 20k+ sells a week @__@

congratz to kara!

(They're ahead of snsd :o !! shock!)

maybe the japanese program reruns are drawing in new fans :tongue:

Edited by eseul

At this rate, KARA would make platinum before the drama airs. That would be amazing, I can't believe that they sold this much, 20K is so much. i was hoping that the girls would just hit 10k, but yet they manage to surprised me again. I would seem like the girls sells are like up and down, it would go up and then down. They sold more this week, then last week. it amazing, KARA are like japanese celebrities, you would never think a korean girl group, would sells almost like a japanese celebrities. Platinum here comes KARA, so I guess they may hit platinum before the dramas airs, and if that happen, then KARA dramas would help then girls hit 300K. I still can't believe that we are wish for platinum here, maybe the girls can go for high then platinum. What is higher than platinum.

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

^ lol after Platinum you have:

500k -- Double Platinum

750k -- Triple Platinum

1 mil -- Diamond

and personally i seriously dont think GT will hit anything higher Platinum. but i think kara will eventually (with another release).

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

^ Its amazing an amazing fact. I just watched their most recent TV appearance and am 100% sure the number will stay .. Its too difficult not to like them ... :thumbup:

Meanwhile, I think we can get ready for Platinum article in 1 or 2 weeks time..

Edit: screenshot from Oricon

m7Q4S.jpg

Edited by tinaomina

oricon daily

#5 Kara

Sales have been low for the past 2 or 3 days so I think Kara with get around 18k this week.

Still another top 10 weekly, 7 weeks in the top 10 weekly should be some kind of record.

Girls talk

week 1.#2- 107,403

week 2.#6- 35,193

week 3.#5- 23,589

week 4.#10- 18,727

week 5.#8- 21,933

week 6.#6- 21,968

Edited by ☆atl2006☆

^ Actually Slod, KARA has exceeded way beyond many people's expectation and their sales have been more consistent and sticky then many other artists... they are managing to attain similar numbers as legends like Utada after nearly 6 weeks of charting.. most artists go down to single digits(in thousands) by 3rd or 4th week. hehe ...

it's no joke that girls talk is still able to find buying fans in week 7.

mind you, its weekly album sales is still in the range of 20k which is a lot!

i would say the best domestic award should go to kara too (if not of the dates).