[2008.12.15] Kara: "Wonder Girls-Girls Generation-Brown Eyed Girls, THERE!"

tinggg

"Wonder Girls, SNSD, Brown Eyed Girls aren't the only ones around, we're here, too."

fff-1.jpg

5 member girl group Kara's popularity has shot up through their new song, and it has finally established a feeling of existence for them. With the already-popular WG, SNSD, BEG comes a new contender, forming a new 4-way match up for the industry.

Kara released their 2nd mini album's title song "Pretty Girl" on the 4th, and on the 15th it reached 2nd place on one ranking, Mnet.com's 5th place, Muze 6th place, and enjoying top spots in other various online music charts, showing their success in their increase in popularity. Kara gained a lot of popularity in October with their unique and addicting song "Rock U," and now are continuing their march up to open their way to the top.

Kara's "legend" began when DSP Entertainment, who popularized Fin.K.L, released their next stars last year. However they weren't able to garner the huge popularity they'd hoped. Because WG and SNSD, who debuted the same year, had spirits that were so strong, Kara was unable to find their own musical color. Then the 4-member group split, and so with the original members, Park Gyuri, Han Seungyeon, Jung Nicole, and the new members, Koo Hara, Kang Jiyoung joined the team, creating a 5-person team. They then released "Rock U," which captured netizens with its unique and addictive style, and with the help of some other male artists, they were able to gain a lot of popularity.

From Epik High's Tablo and Mithra to musician Yoo Heeyul, they all sang their own versions of "Rock U" on radio shows. They also received comments like "Kara surpasses even Japan's idol band, Girl's Band." Thus through "Rock U," the girls slowly established a sense of existence in the industry.

After a short 2 months of rest, this rise in popularity has carried Kara up with the release of their new song "Pretty Girl," which has the unique and addicting melody and colorful stage that only Kara has. They've captured the eyes and ears of music netizen fans with their cute and bright dance. Various entertainment sites have said "it is indeed Kara." They've created a ripple with the "dance and songs that only Kara can do."

Original Article: http://www.sportsseoul.com/news2/entertain...6358745090.html

tip off: mae

translated by: tinggg (take out with full credit)

do not add in or remove credits.

aww.. that's so nice.

the girls finally have "voice" and people know it's KARA on stage when they are performing :D...

wow. i didn't know those other artists doing their own versions of Rock U helped them out so much :D

that was really nice of them. but i can't help but think it's b/c they liked Rock U itself XD.

Various entertainment sites have said "it is indeed Kara." They've created a ripple with the "dance and songs that only Kara can do."

:crying:^_^

thanks tinGGG!! :D

I'm so glad that while Kara is being compared to other girl groups, everyone knows that they have their own unique style :). I mean, really now, could you see any other girl group pull of 'Rock U' or 'Pretty Girl' like our Kara? :D Our girls are great!<3

Kara's popularity has really increased and they are more well known now...

I'm so happy that there songs are taking good places on variuos rankings...

Kara Jjang! fighting..

thanks for sharing...

Various entertainment sites have said "it is indeed Kara." They've created a ripple with the "dance and songs that only Kara can do."

This is the best part of the article. For sure only Kara can do. Kara came with a 2nd mini-album and declare their place in the Kpop world. Kara has own colour that brings freshiness to the entertainment. I'm so biased with these girls.

aww, i'm glad that they are finally getting the recognition that they deserve, although I personally thought that the old kara was able to hold out their own against snsd and wg....break it was my favorite out of all the debut songs from all the other girl groups.

" They've created a ripple with the "dance and songs that only Kara can do."

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D

haha this makes me so happy. they're getting recognition, love, and support! (:

from netizens! gosh. netizens can be so harsh but seeing them approve of something is like YAY! (:

go kara~

They should also thank their supporting artists like Epik High.LOL

^^ one of the things i disagree within the article.. KARA was doing really well without their help :)

Epik High and all the others were doing their own version when KARA went on break actually..

yea.. this article made them seem like they were invisible, which they weren't when they continually ranked top searched on naver while promoting Rock U :P