[2010.10.15] Kara to keep on wearing crop tops

lvalue

31878623.4.jpg

Covers of 'Jumping', due next month, revealed

"Will continue the blast in Japan with the belly fashion"

'SNSD with their legs, Kara with bellies?'

Kara's continued persistence of their 'belly fashion' in the new single 'Jumping' to be released on Nov 10 in Japan is drawing attentions.

Kara recently revealed the covers of their 2nd single 'Jumping'. They are in 3 versions with 3 different fashion: in leather clothes, with long boots on, and in suits. But one thing is common in all of them: that all 5 members revealed their navels; they are wearing the crop tops in Jumping's MV too. Kara debuted with 'Break It' in 2007 and has released 7 albums up to 'Lupin' in Feb so far, but it's only in the summer of the last year while promoting 'Mister' when they wore clothes with their navels revealed.

Compared to this, they started their promotion of their debut single 'Mister' in Japan on Aug 11 in tanktops and loose sweat pants with their navels revealed, and has been persisting in this outfits.

Their agency DSP media said that the belly fashion "was just chosen to help Kara look cute as that's what appeals to the Japanese fans; it wasn't meant to mean something that they wear it again."

Although it isn't specifically intended, Kara's belly fashion is affecting even Japan's local girl groups too. 9nine, a Japanese female group, appeared in the cover of 'crossover', their new album due in Dec, in crop tops, loose pants, and snickers that look similar to Kara's outfit at the time of 'Mister'; people are speculating that they might have copied Kara. They debuted in 2005 and have been wearing school uniforms or clothes that look cute so far.

Translated by LVALUE@KH

Source:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

huh? but this is hardly kara's 1st time showing off their bellies, even in japan. the mr outfits all include crop tops, dont they?? :confused1:

but cant w8 for jumping!!! its gonna be so effing DAEBAKKKKK :D

EDIT: forgot to add something earlier!! hara's gonna be so happy that she can show off her super skinny waist!! i can just imagine her "LOOK-AT-MA-WAIST" expression right now!! hehe~~

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

yeah belly fashion all the way..i wish i had hara waist and belly to show it with confident ..even nicole abs will be good ..its put pressureon girls to diet to looks half good as they apear...butt fashion now belly lol

thanks for translating

Kara is sure getting mature with each passing day. When the butt dance came out it was a revolution that show many people and its very different. I think "belly fashion" should be their absolute limit of showing off. I would prefer it that way. I know it is summer butt hey should preserve the innocent image where Kara was once before but at the same time do something different. It is a balancing act. I also think "showing off" to much is not a good message to give out. I hope the dresses do not get to drastic in that way.

at last the thing have been bugging me all this time were made into news =__=

for me, this is the only thing that i dislike from jumping thing..

anyway,thanks for sharing it lvalue, whatever it is, at least i hope it can lead good things to them :)

9nine, a Japanese female group, appeared in the cover of 'crossover', their new album due in Dec, in crop tops, loose pants, and snickers that look similar to Kara's outfit at the time of 'Mister'; people are speculating that they might have copied Kara.

I'm one of those readers that found their image is so similar to KARA lol when I looks at their article's thumbnail I thought i was seeing KARA XD well it doesnt really matter if they copied KARA. what if they really do? isnt that a great sign? what could be better if KARA become a trend? LOL

i know ppl will call me over conservative n bla bla n i know sex sells as well... (not implying anything on Kara here, just their image/style)

but seeing them continuously wearing lesser n lesser..iono.....i don't see how wearing less shows they're maturing. n i don't see how the 'belly fashion' makes them cute. cuz they're cute anyway. n iono, seeing the same fashion continues...i was hoping for something new n fresh for their wardrobe. even the shorts are continuation of their lupin style(well, after halfway promotion they started wearing shorts till the end, even for umbrella, plus every girlgroups are wearing shorts now.)

maybe i'm just one of those old-fashioned (overprotective) fans who became their fan after being impressed with their awesome songs n performances without having to rely on being sexy n showing lots of skin just like every other girlgroup... :sweatdrop: ..so, yeah, please ignore me.

well, whatever...i still like them, although i used to like their styles even much more, classy n sexy without revealing much. i'll be waiting for the day they'll be recognized/gain attention for their music n performing skills again.

thanks for the news.

Edited by sub

yess! LOLOLOL. nicole's abs are hot <3 :] i seriously can't wait for this! i love all their outfits! but i swear, if someone comes up to me, saying that they're sl_ts, imma slap them across the face and tell htem that they're just jealous that they don't have cute belly buttons like KARA! LOL i dont like girls in that way if ur wondering ;] anyways, i wish they would perform umbrella again! tummy rub ^^

what's wrong with showing their amazing abs again?..if its working for them why change it? right?

they look amazing..

but i can't help to feel a little conservative to our maknae..but its not like its the first time they did it..

i love the jumping outfits..although can't help but miss old cute concept ^^

KARA does have the perfect abs ever

No matter what concept they have it always matches them

I loved their Lupin concept a lot though

People shouldn't make their belly or body the main attention though

They are pretty but they are also talented

Yes I really love their outfits from mister , probably due to the crop tops .

I'm quite happy that they're gonna go for crop tops for their concept this time .

They're gonna look so gorgeous !

Thanks for sharing !

i never think this way before but isn't it a girl thing to wear something like this?

besides bellies, i hope to see more shoulders in near future, it'll be another killer too.

we shouldn't look at them differently even though they are wearing sexier & maturer.

as long as they are not revealing at the wrong place, i'm actually glad that they did these while they are at peak.

youth waits for nobody. :)

Yes their bellies are something to be shown off xD It does seem like their signature like SNSD with their legs but Kara with bellies :D I'm liking their outfits for Jumping. Even though the black one is gothic-y, I still think it's cool and definitely something new.

November 10 is so far away... wwwhhyyy??

Thank you for sharing!