[2010.10.16] KARA’s Japan reaction to Upcoming New Album is alarming high

aank1

Response towards KARA's announcement of a new single album to be released in November is alarmingly high.

Last August when their debut single ‘Mister’ was released, it was up at #5 on Oricon Weekly chart, Korea’s Girl group that made a big hit in Japan, KARA will release two albums in a row: second single ‘Jumping’ in Japan on 10th of November and at the end of November will release album ‘Girls Talk’.

p0hsy.jpg

34pj13n.jpg

There's a month left for the album to be released, but people have been taking a lot of interests in it. Jumping has been used as main theme song for FujiTV’s popular information and news program. Moreover, Japanese music programs have already looked into Kara’s Jumping Jacket cover photos and showed great interests.

On aOctober 15th, according to report from Japan’s news source,a survey was conducted for average 17-year-old female 20,000 people, KARA was chosen as Korean #1 artist. On the same day KARA appeared on Japan’s most prestigious music program AsahiTV’s Music Station and received a lot of interests.

It has not been two months since their debut, they can be called newcomers, but they have already went on a lot of interviews, even fans from Japan have been spreading about ‘Kara’s Special’. Music Station is a music program in Japan which usually only top stars can appear but KARA’s debut single ‘Mister’ was able to appear in this program. This just demonstrates how much interests and popular KARA is in Japan.

Moreover, after the broadcast of Music Station, Mister’s mobile music chart sky-rocketed, On October 16th, Kara’s Mister re-entered the Mobile music chart at #3 which was amazing. In addition, on Japan’s portal site Yahoo, the search volume about KARA also increased exponentially.

Music Station is such an influential program, but compared to other artists that appeared on the program, KARA is obviously taking it by storm, as local music reps explained.

An official said,”It is very unusual to receive such hot attention a month before album release”. “There‘s also been a lot of TV appearance requests. Kara is planning to promote ‘Jumping’ at the end of October onwards, including TV appearances and all related promotional activities.

KARA’s 100% Korean language Best Album which was released end of September ranked #2 on Oricon Weekly chart which makes KARA as the best rookie artist debut. Meanwhile, Kara’s new single and album which will be released in November.

Translated by aank1 @karaholic.com

Thanks anne and KARAalmighty@twitter for article tip.

Source: Daum

Do not take out without full credits

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Music Station effect was so great...anticipating for their second appearance on November

kinda far fetched but i really hope Mister could reach 100k...quite impossible but who knows :tongue:

Hope Jumping will more solidify KARA's place on Japanese market

thanks for the translation anky

I definitely knew they can do it - now we wait to see if Jumping will be Kara's River (lol AKB48 reference, excuse moi).

But guys, let's realize that with explosive popularity comes more negatively-opinioned people :(

Kamilia have always had the reputation of being one of the most sensible and peaceful fanclubs. I think this can be largely attributed to the fact that the oldest fans have gone with the girls through the hardest times and have experienced a lot and aren't childish, and newer fans have only followed their example. Let's stay classy, not stoop to their levels, and support the girls as we always have, from small, humble fanmeetings to mega-large venues <3

I love Kara+Kamilia so much :3

I am reading this with a wide smile on my face and feeling so proud of the girls and proud to be a Kamilia :D

I can't wait for Jumping. I fell in love with the song right after the first time listening to the review. KARA will take over Japan!!!

Thanks for the translation :)

its so weird thinking that they're rookies. cause they're not in korea, but yeah in japan lol

they're doing so well! i'm sure they wont disappoint with jumping, it sounds great so far :D

wait, they're releasing TWO albums/singles next month?! i thought they're going back to korea during jumping?!

man, our girls are gonna be exhausted..DSP! let them have a little break at least /=

Wonderful news, it's great to see Kara taking Japan by storm :). I was a little worried with Girl Talk being released just weeks after the jumping single, but this article made me a bit more relaxed XD. I'll be anticipating their promotional activities near the end of Oct, and their reappearance on music station for jumping! Good news just seem to keep pouring in lately XDD.

It's news like this that makes me want to be in Japan to fully understand how big this is. Right now, reading this, it sounds great but I still can't fully grasp how momentous this is for KARA. I'm happy for them, but I feel like I could be happier if I knew what it all really means.

All this while, many people esp those obnoxious fans of other girl groups (let's not name names)

have brushed off our girls.. saying how KARA would be lucky if their first single can sell more than 10K

Well, who's laughing now??!!

Just like Cole's life motto "Effort Will Never Betray You"

Our girls hv goen through may obstacles and hardships to be where they are now.

They deserve all this and we couldn't be more prouder.. <3

Let's wish them success, strength and resilience to make it HUGE in japan!!

ganbatte na!!

sometimes i'm lost, happy celebrating but reserved & worrying at the other end.

i hope dsp is not forgetting about the korean fans.

from small, humble fanmeetings to mega-large venues

overseas concerts, that's what i'm aiming for. it can turn into reality soon.

i think i can cry from happiness lol.... 3 years ago, when it was still de kara4 days, nobody thought that kara would survive, but they did. not only did they survive the competition, they're making it big!!!!! lots of miracles have happened to kara and we're all very grateful indeed ^0^ and kara's definitely gonna receive a rookie award for this!!! they've worked so hard for this, so they absolutely deserve it. go kara!!!!! im hoping to see some BIG BIG numbers when jumping and girls talk are released...... it's gonna be super daebak!!