[Nicori] The Official Jumping Thread

mae

...to roll your body while hitting the high note "Gageru" because all three tones need a heavy expulsion of breath. The second verse "Momosu" is easier because "momo" doesn't need as much effort. So, when u listen to Nicole, she doesn't really say "ga" and hit "geru".

^ that is an interesting explanation though ^_^ yeah the movement during Gageru part is part when it need full effort to able to reach the note right...thats why i always love whenever they performs on radio show since they didn't have to move n just concentrate on singing (but since they're a dance group so ^_^ )

MGW9v.jpg

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I discovered this last night.. not sure if everyone already was aware of this and I was the last to know..

I've been watching all of KARA's Jumping performances in Japan but I hadn't gotten used to it and couldn't figure out why that was.. until I saw the Mezamashi news on Kara's Laguna Gamagori performance in which I noticed this move by Nicole:

gifmz.gif

She hadn't done that move before and that was right before the chorus part so I re watched the other performances I figured out what was different in the performances. I thought this was interesting, Seungyeon and Nicole switches up their parts in the performances, this is the chorus part right before Hara's main solo line, in the music video this is where Cole is in the center. But for their performances:

10.10.22. Tokyo Seoul Music Festival (hasn't aired yet)

10.11.04. Mezamashi (Nicole)

10.11.11. NHK Tensai TV Kun Max (SeungYeon)

10.11.11. Wednesday J-POP (Nicole)

10.11.13 Laguna Gamagori Perf (Nicole)

10.11.14. Music Japan (SeungYeon)

Notice a pattern here? I figure this is done so SeungYeon won't get drained? Cole's parts are pretty short so she could handle the part.

^ lol thanks mae you just made me rewatching all their Jumping performances to find out :lol: ....couldn't believe i didn't noticed it before :sweatdrop: yeah apparently Ham & Nicole switched part a couple times during their recent performances huh? what i noticed is that Ham singing the Only You part (before Hara lines) when they performs the short version of Jumping (NHK Kun Max & MJ) while Nicole when they performs the full version...its quite interesting ^_^ ...maybe its for the reason you mentioned

oh, i actually thought the second chorus "nothing better only you..." was always sung by Nicole. they switch up the parts of like in Mister. I think we don't see Nicole singing the second chorus because they shorten the performances and jumped from the first chorus to Hara's part, right? Did I misunderstand something?

^ yeah, i think when its the short version, Ham's position before that Hara lines would still on the center so she sang it...while when they performs the full version (just like on NHK BS2 or Meza) the part before Hara lines was when Nicole stand on the center so she sang it ...well..only my shallow guessing though :sweatdrop:

7CQjH.jpg

cr:dcnc

i'm amazed on how dedicated you guys are by paying attention into details. now i understand the difference is due to the short & long version. thanks to this, i have re-watched those performances too. lol.

not saying because i'm here, i agree cole looks the best in the multicolors, from head to legs, the outfit & the hairstyle but how many watches did cole need? hahah.

Hmm I don't want to be super picky but I think Cole's ending vocals for the perf on Music Core was intentional.. that's how she ends her notes for the Only U part too XD

Also for the Happy Music perf, I loved it.. Cole got screen time :)

I love her performance in Burn, she's rocking it and she's so enjoying performing this song. Her adlibs there are daebak and the nanannanana part, I'm in love with her voice there, amazing and the other adlib she did is something different hehehe but it's really good too. She was just full of energy and her performance in Jumping is so good too, and she has lots of solo shots there ♥♥♥ hahha overall she did great on both songs, though I have to get used to how she sings her part lol It seems to have gotten higher and her way of singing it too hahaha

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Nicole did AMAZING (like always) in their comeback performances on Music Core~

I still can't get over Nicole's parts in Jumping!

I absolutely LOVE her voice during the "Yeah"(?) parts in her lines after Gyuri!

Its so so so so so addicting!

And her adlibs were perfect~

(Huhuhu I feel so greedy when I say Nicole should have more parts lol)

Nicole also had lots of solo shots today!

So that's why I've very very very happy about today's performance!

Hopefully KARA will perform 'Love Is' atleast once!

Her rap with Jing is so flawless~

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

I love her performance in Burn, she's rocking it and she's so enjoying performing this song. Her adlibs there are daebak and the nanannanana part, I'm in love with her voice there, amazing and the other adlib she did is something different hehehe but it's really good too. She was just full of energy and her performance in Jumping is so good too, and she has lots of solo shots there ♥♥♥ hahha overall she did great on both songs, though I have to get used to how she sings her part lol It seems to have gotten higher and her way of singing it too hahaha

MTE.

Nicole really enjoyed Burn's performance and it's more of her "style" to say it in some way while Jumping it's more like... she's forcing it.

I think it has been talked before but now when you can compare Burn and Jumping you can see the difference quite clear.

By the way, I'm totally in love with her look in Burn, in clothes and with the hairstyle *O* Hope to see her with those bangs more often!!

Yeah I love how she look when she was performing burn, I kept think that burn was her style, that she was more comfortable do this style. Jumping was good to, her vocal were really great in it. But the one that took the cake for me was when she was performing burn, she look so happy do this song, because I felt like it was her element. Her albib was so good in that song to, plus if the choreg was harder in burn, she would definteily shine even more. Plus i love how happy she was when they were performing the song, plus the ending posing at the end she totally reinder me of a hip hop star the ways she was posing.

thanks for the gif yeosin_enairrol!!

That was the best part of the perfomance!!! *O*

I agree with mae, her note was unexpected but awesome, DSP should give KARA more songs of this style since it's when they sound the best.

Anyways, no bangs for today perfomance in Inkigayo but she was still as awesome as always! :DD (Though she needs to wear shorts too

Cole is simply juz stunning in jumping... not to 4get tat she IS the sexiest!! haha

Anyways, i was hoping that she could actually 'jump' in jumping's MV. lols :tongue:

Oh dear i juz notice u guys are talking bout burn now><

Ya, i totally agree wif u all that burn suit nicole btr :thumbup:

By looking at the comeback performance u can c a smile on her face=)

wat else could it b?... I bet she is enjoying performing burn than that performing jumping...(i think) haha

Edited by curbow
don't double post, just edit it :)

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Nicole looked extra adorable today in their Burn performance~

Finally! Their hairstylist did something good with her hair for once!

And her smiles during their Burn performance was definitely love~

She did great in their Jumping performance too!

Her notes were daebak!!!

Heheh and even more solo shots today~

Hope KARA can capture an award next week!

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

hehe a bit late watching the comeback stage :sweatdrop: ...agree with you guys Nicole definitely enjoying performs Burn she playing with the adlibs and all ^_^ , btw the first Mucore reminds me of her Rock U hairstyle ^_^

...and also love how she handle the "Only You" part on Korean version for Jumping :thumbup1:

xxoo & tine thanks for the caps and gif, imo i love inki outfit, but mucore burn outfit somehow could be a nice tribute to Kara4 costumes XD

Nicole's voice has been consistent and strong for the performances :)

Today she hugged Seohyun and Yuri on Inki.. also had with Hyoyeon.. I was sorta of surprised with Yuri.. she never hugged her before XD But Nicole and Seohyun were cute doing that gun move.