[2010.10.27]KARA, in just two months, advertising revenue hit 2 billion!

aank1

KARA, in just two months, advertising revenue hit 2 billion!

After debut in Japan, CF in both places are a big hit.. Including electronics, clothings, 4 contracts.

After a big success in Japan, Girl group Kara also had a big hit in advertising.

Recently, Kara signed advertising contracts in both Japan and Korea, which includes electronics, clothing, beverages. The amount of the contract currently is along the line of 5 billion won a year. Since debut in Japan on 11 August, money earned from advertising revenue has reached 2 billion.

Kara's agency DSP entertainment representative said, "After a good performance in Japan, Kara received a lot of attention from advertising agencies. We received a lot of advertising inquiries from overseas. Japan's advertising agencies also showed a lot of interests. We received inquiries from more than 20 companies.

According to one official that's responsible for overseas marketing, Kara has recently signed contract with Japan's famous consumer electronics. Kara is the first Korean girlgroup to sign advertising contract as model not with beauty products but electronic products. It is expected to have more advertising love call again at the time when second single to be released in Japan.

Official said,"Kara shows sophisticated image while on stage, outside the stage, Kara shows familiar(friendly) face which is what Japan's females "Wannabe star". Therefore, a lot of beauty products, cosmetics as well as clothings advertising agency show great interests.

Kara debut on August in Japan with first single "mister" and was up at #5 on Oricon single weekly chart, which was crown as first foreign girlgroup to hit top 10 within 30 years. Kara will release second single <Jumping> on 10 November, official(full) album to be released on 14 November as well as to start promoting activities.

Thanks Mae for article tip

Translated by aank1 @karaholic.com

Source:Sports Hankook

Do not take out without full credits

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woah! that's a lot of money! DSP has certainly earned A LOT from Kara in just 2 months alone. with Jumping, the full album, and korean comeback ahead, they are gonna make even more!

advertising for electronics.. nice. first thing i though of was ham! :lol:

ham and her electronics. this is perfect for her!

anyways, congrats!!

DSP better let the girls pocket most of that cash, yo. And lol @ Wannabe star, the Japanese to Korean to English translation is really weird. I'd translate it to more "next door neighbor stars," kinda like someone you know casually who's also famous.

Oh and I'm currently listening to SNSD's new Hoot album. It's actually really enjoyable - SM has been on top of the ball (except for Suju, 4jib was a mess). Actually, most recent kpop has been really good. :D

Edited by goddessfollower

Haha the first time I read 'wannabe star' I was like what?? KARA are stars, not wannabe lol, but it was probably just a very broad translation. Anyway racking in ~4.45 million USD a year on advertising alone is crazy..for once I'll have to compliment DSP for getting the job done in terms of marketing. I wanna see some consumer electronics cfs from Kara, sell em something :D.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~~!!!!!!!!!!!! $^TGAWGASFVADWVAWRAQG RHZFDBRHZDNXCJZSFT

Oh gosh, S#$@%$#@%$E@#$

5 billion won is like 4.45 million us dollars.

AHHH! KARA <33333333333333

I think I'm gonna faint from my heart stopping.

Seriously, Kara deserves a lot now.

EEE! Thanks so much for translating.

Hoping for Kara endorsement pictures for y'know new siggyys.

Is this is what it's like to be popular?! Is KARA finally getting the love and respect they deserve?

I wonder if this is the type of money they've always dreamed of. If so, glad to know dreams do come true.

GO KARA!!!