[2010.10.27] KARA+Soshi, earned 10 billion won in Japan.

aank1

Korean Girl groups have been very active in Japan's music market, SNSD and Kara especially have earned almost 10 billion aggregately in Japan.

SNSD debut last Sept 8 with Single Genie followed by Second single Gee on 20th. Up to date 'Genie' has sold 145,000 copies while Gee 70,000 copies.

Kara debut with single Mister on August 11 and Kara's Best Album (compilations of Kara's hit songs) was released on September 29. Up to date Mister and Best album have sold 100,000 copies and 150,000 copies respectively.

In japan, when releasing a single, there's normal edition and limited edition. There are several versions available. Depending on the version, prices range about 1000 yen to 2000 yen. Because of different version and prices, estimated (average out) price would be about 1,500 yen per copy. With that price in mind and thus calculation for their income: SNSD's Genie and Gee sold for 217 million yen (about 3 billion won) and 105 million yen (about 1.5 billion won) respectively while Kara's mister and Best album sold for 150 million yen (about 2.1 billion won) and 225 million yen (about 3.1 billion won) respectively which in total so far is about 9.7billion won of income.

Moreover, SNSD 'Gee' topping Oricon single chart at #1 on 26th within one week of release. Compared to Genie, Gee received great response. Kara is expected to have similar result when second single to be released in Japan next mid-month, the record earnings are expected to exceed 10 billion won aggregately.

Meanwhile SNSD and KARA will promote in both Korea and Japan at the same time. SNSD will promote 'Hoot' in Korea and 'Gee' in Japan. While Kara will promote new song in both Japan and Korea in November. Both groups are expected to have busy schedules.

Thanks KaraAlmighty@twitter and anne for article tip

Translated by aank1 @ karaholic.com

Source:edaily news

Do not take out without credits

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are they getting these numbers... Because kara's numbers are inflated... Snsd numbers are closer. They didn't take into account digital sales.

Whatever the case their companies are rolling in dough. Hope the girls see a lot of it, they deserve it.

Edited by tms

How are they getting these numbers... Because kara's numbers are inflated... Snsd numbers are closer. They didn't take into account digital sales.

Whatever the case their companies are rolling in dough. Hope the girls see a lot of it, they deserve it.

Maybe they are including sales outside of Oricon (since it's not really 100% count), maybe digital sales are included and international sales as well. I'm not sure. KARA's Mister has sold more than 100k in digital downloads already, plus 80k+ in reported physical sales by Oricon. So that's fair enough. KARA Best is doing better than Mister as well.

SNSD's Genie sales is 96k (basing on their reported sales). The article says 145k so it means that they are including some other chart/count.

Anyways, KARA's earning loads and the sales are awesome! From CFs to CD sales! DSP better pay them well!!!

Edited by KaraNice

wow what anumbers right there..great job for our girls they are really big in japan , i hope dsp just appreciate it that they are making them some money...better treat our girls good and invest in them more plzzzzzz

yea lol like dsp is earning this much money and WHERE DO THRY EVEN USE THIS MUCH MONEY? i think dsp is being selfish >.< ... they should at least like improve the girls' dorm or something or even give some money in promoting their sistergroup Rainbow...they didnt even make an mv for karas' sistergroup rainbow mach ... WTH? o.o new single with no mv? thats like saying we cant afford it...>.< WELL NOW GOSH FINALLY USE THAT MONEY TO GET MORE MONEY cmon dsp...! ah really they have excellent artists with talents and gifts its just the companys' fault really i have to say :(

Where did they get those number because KARA sales are way higher than what it is in reality lol. UMJ did took a great decision to promote KARA and SNSD in Japan because they hit the jackpot ! With all this money, DSP has to improve their promotion with KARA.

Hallyu Wave ftw!!! I truly respect and care for SNSD as well. So I'm glad to see both Kara AND SNSD do so well in Japan.

Both our girls and SNSD will be remembered in the future as the Hallyu Wave that was successful in Japan (along with BoA, DBSK and Big Bang of course) and I'm glad. I expect to see more success for our lovely girls in Japan with Jumping and more releases.

Thank you for sharing!

Hallyu Wave<3

With that kind of profit, DSP should show some more love and appreciation for our girls!!

They may still be our 'girls next door' but they've proven that they're one of the most powerful and valuable Kpop idol groups around. :D

For a starter, how about giving our girls their own training room where they can train and hang out in privacy ;P